Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:55:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Since I'm stuck in the newbieland....  (Read 825 times)
bp (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:44:28 AM

Would someone please pass this link: http://www.mises.org to this inquiring person in the economics section :http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26378.msg331326#msg331326

Maybe pass on that anything ever written by Murry Rothbard, which ranges from basic introduction to the full works of the Austrian school would be well worth his time.
And that if he has the stomach for a VERY wordy dissertation, Mises' own "Human Action" is indispensible.
Of course Hazlit's "Economics in One Lesson" is a good comprimise of entry level yet not dumed down approach. And the inspiring figugure of that book, Frederic Bastait should be looked into. http://bastiat.org/en/ is a wealth of information. "The Law" and What is Seen and What is Not Seen" are not to be overlooked.

Anyway, if someone could pass that on while I sit here in newbie jail........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:45:33 AM

Now that you have made one post in the newbie section, you can send him a PM.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
KenJackson

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:49:53 AM

... while I sit here in newbie jail........

You could make the most of your time here by generating your own content. 

Give us a summary of the relevant information on those sites and invite comment.

Educate us.
bp (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:50:37 AM

But I was trying to be sneaky and increase both my online time and post count.
Having your phone call somehow doesn't make you feel much better when your still in jail Smiley
bp (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:52:27 AM

But I was trying to be sneaky and increase both my online time and post count.
Having your phone call somehow doesn't make you feel much better when your still in jail Smiley

That's kind of what I was doing.....but I would rather be doing it there.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:16:35 AM

Another 2 hours and 37 minutes reading all that you can about bitcoin on this forum, and you will be good to go.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
bp (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:32:48 AM

Another 2 hours and 37 minutes reading all that you can about bitcoin on this forum, and you will be good to go.

Yep, while I work on that socks problem.......
gpurig1

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:38:00 AM

How long did you have to stay in newbieland?
I just registred.
Fixatron

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:26:29 AM

How long did you have to stay in newbieland?
I just registred.

That's one very big 2 year bump Smiley
The time is 4 hours and 5 posts I think
zokos

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 11:34:34 AM

I am losing my time here  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: