Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 02:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying the right powered risers for my new (first) mining rig  (Read 98 times)
arjan1988 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:09:11 AM

Hey guys,

New here, read a lot of stuff.. Great content here!

I figured out a setup which I hope is solid, the only part i just lack the knowledge (understanding) for is what type of risers I need.

A lot of comments are saying I shouldn't buy a riser that includes anything SATA. Is this correct? English isn't my first language and sometimes I struggle to really comprehend what I'm reading. (especially since I'm a hardware noob too)

So my question is; WHICH RISERS SHOULD I BUY? After countless hours of reading I thought the 006c powered risers?

motherboard       ASUS Prime Z270-A
PSU's                 2x  Corsair HX1200i
Videocards         6x  MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming x Trio

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks for reading.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:15:17 AM

I think radeon graphic cards are much better at mining actually than nvidia. They are faster in mining. Maybe something changed lately, but it was always like this.
Second thing, i dont think corsair is good money efficient hardware to mine. Its expensive, its good quality and good support but u can find cheaper hardware to run ur operation.
Boojapho

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:39:40 AM

Hey guys,

New here, read a lot of stuff.. Great content here!

I figured out a setup which I hope is solid, the only part i just lack the knowledge (understanding) for is what type of risers I need.

A lot of comments are saying I shouldn't buy a riser that includes anything SATA. Is this correct? English isn't my first language and sometimes I struggle to really comprehend what I'm reading. (especially since I'm a hardware noob too)

So my question is; WHICH RISERS SHOULD I BUY? After countless hours of reading I thought the 006c powered risers?

motherboard       ASUS Prime Z270-A
PSU's                 2x  Corsair HX1200i
Videocards         6x  MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming x Trio

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks for reading.

Map out which risers will go into which slots on the motherboard.  I usually just buy generic powered risers.  I have some that are x16 to x16 and others that are x1 to x16 via USB connection.  They all work pretty much the same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: