Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:57:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can xrp overtake btc in CMC  (Read 516 times)
vince212 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:39:44 AM

ripple is now at 100B do you think it can overtake bitcoin once Coinbase lists xrp?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 01:47:14 AM

ripple is now at 100B do you think it can overtake bitcoin once Coinbase lists xrp?

theoretically yes, but not practically because usdollar valuation will cease to become practical then

regards

coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:54:54 AM

ripple beat ethereum today,
but, i think even ripple is listed on coinbase, the marketcap would not surpassed bitcoin

vince212 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:57:31 AM

but, i think even ripple is listed on coinbase, the marketcap would not surpassed bitcoin

well im thinking coinbase listing made BCH i think grow up more than 2x.
if coinbase does that to xrp i think xrp can overtake bitcoin
logosobscura

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 02:42:32 AM

My concern is that that increase has been 64.9% in 24 hours. Ripple certainly has promise- but I can't see what has happened in the last 24 hours to force that move in the market- that's a stupid amount of money. It'll correct, and it'll hurt it- and I suspect whomever is behind it, knows that.

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:47:11 AM

Jeez... I was so wrong about XRP!  I said numerous times in this forum that XRP would never break out due to its centralization.  I was so wrong about it... so who knows what can happen.  I'm watching it in awe right now though.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:50:12 AM

My concern is that that increase has been 64.9% in 24 hours. Ripple certainly has promise- but I can't see what has happened in the last 24 hours to force that move in the market- that's a stupid amount of money. It'll correct, and it'll hurt it- and I suspect whomever is behind it, knows that.

it is due to market demand. no one can pump xrp like that unless you are bill gates and warren buffet. do you see how much btc was spent to achieve that price?
geez
Aoirayn

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:56:10 AM

I seriously hope not. Bitcoin should be dethroned in the upcoming years. But not yet. Not in 2-3 years imo.
Maybe Ripple will be the one. But for the sake of the cryptoworld. I hope it's not before 2020.
The reason for that, is because once Bitcoin falls, the average Joe should know why. Or else it could be the fall of all crypto. That's what I believe.

Oh, and I hope IOTA or Raiblocks (RAI?, if they decide to change name) will be the currency to take #1. in 2020.
rujisompong

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 03:01:32 AM

If XRP still pair with BTC. Its not gonna happen. 10:1 people know about crypto from BTC. After that then they jump to ALtcoin. Still long way to go.
logosobscura

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:01:00 PM

it is due to market demand. no one can pump xrp like that unless you are bill gates and warren buffet. do you see how much btc was spent to achieve that price?
geez

Oh, yes they can. A lot of big money in crypto, especially in China because they made it cheaply- and they know how to work with each other. Seen all sorts of market moves in the last 4 years where similar shit has been tried at various scales- but generally the same amount of market share. The uptick in XRP is directly linked to a similar downtick in BTC (saw the same thing with the recent BCH run)- the game is to get the price mooning, start a stampede, and then quickly dump before the rest of the lemmings follow you- in return, you get BTC cheap, get a nice tidy profit, and the followers get fucked.

BTW- the real world doesn't do shit like in the last week of the year- most people are on leave, or are out the lunch. We've not seen $9 billion in new money enter crypto- we've seen $9 billion transfer from BTC to XRP- that suggests bullshit is going on.

PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:05:54 PM

well im thinking coinbase listing made BCH i think grow up more than 2x.
if coinbase does that to xrp i think xrp can overtake bitcoin

It was more than Coinbase alone. Jihan Wu of Bitmain announced that he will only accept BCH to buy his ASIC miners on the same day
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:15:18 PM

To be honest, Ripple has been resurging the past few weeks and I respect that they've overtaken Ethereum in market cap. However, I think that it's not going to be possible for Ripple to surpass the almighty Bitcoin.

As Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies, there's no way that it'll be overtaken by any altcoin like Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, etc.

Just sayin'.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:16:48 PM

really not other topic than ripple? I agree with this found on telegram that ripple is Trojan horse by the banks targeting BTC and ETH

Bam O.:
Do you know what people are buying Ripple with?

USD? No. Eth and BTC.

Do you know who holds most of the ripple in this world? Who's selling it? Banks.

What we're witnessing is the reversing of the massive wealth transfer.

The banks KNOW that they can't kill Eth and BTC, now they need to get as much of it as possible. They don't want to pay full price.

Their plan?
Develop XRP, Hold most of it.. artificially manipulate the price by bidding it up, $2, $3...
When retards think it will keep going $4, $5... they are trading precious LIMITED decentralised Ethereum and BTC... for a shitcoin that can be printed on a whim.

In the end the banks will win. They will end up holding most of the Ethereum and BTC.. You will end up holding most of the XRP..

and that's when Macafee's prophecy will occur. BTC will head to 1M, Eth to $500k per coin... and you'll be holding Ripple, basically pegged to the USD valued from $0.5 to $1.50 per coin.
Antiqua

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:32:24 PM

i think when that listing happen, it go high a litle and then it will fall down
something similar with NXT nowadays because of whales game
always becarefull bacause XRP is centralised, not like BTC that is decentralised
the true blockchain is decentralised

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:46:40 PM

To be frank, I don’t think XRP is able to overtake Bitcoin for the time being. Ripple’s market cap is half of Bitcoin, it is not so easy to achieve it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:52:29 PM

its possible, when you look xrp position now, of course with great community will help xrp up.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:01:09 PM

It can beat bitcoin in coinmarketcap but not in value because bitcoin only have 21M total supply while XRP have Billions of supply available in the market.

dealung

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:07:07 PM

it may take a long time for the ripple to take over the bitcoin position, It can happen or can not happen. but I think it's very difficult for a ripple to do that and its chances are very small.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:29:25 PM

It's just temporary trend, will end soon. Real market is just about possibility and every analyze is accepted, but answer is mystery. Crypto market is similar with currency market, if you have currency basic knowledge I believe you know what I mean. Week end and end years is the moment about speculations, everything will happen fast and unpredictable. BTC still and always number one, so be careful and stay safe. See you next time.

steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:01:07 PM

really not other topic than ripple? I agree with this found on telegram that ripple is Trojan horse by the banks targeting BTC and ETH

Bam O.:
Do you know what people are buying Ripple with?

USD? No. Eth and BTC.

Do you know who holds most of the ripple in this world? Who's selling it? Banks.

What we're witnessing is the reversing of the massive wealth transfer.

The banks KNOW that they can't kill Eth and BTC, now they need to get as much of it as possible. They don't want to pay full price.

Their plan?
Develop XRP, Hold most of it.. artificially manipulate the price by bidding it up, $2, $3...
When retards think it will keep going $4, $5... they are trading precious LIMITED decentralised Ethereum and BTC... for a shitcoin that can be printed on a whim.

In the end the banks will win. They will end up holding most of the Ethereum and BTC.. You will end up holding most of the XRP..

and that's when Macafee's prophecy will occur. BTC will head to 1M, Eth to $500k per coin... and you'll be holding Ripple, basically pegged to the USD valued from $0.5 to $1.50 per coin.

It may be their plan..but people can also buy-in XRP through fiat currencies and avoid moving eth and btc. With increasing adoption there will be more and more EUR/XRP or USD/XRP pairs around (like Coinbase).. All I m saying is that this conspiracy theory sounds quite odd to me..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: