Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:04:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about exchanging BCH to BTC  (Read 87 times)
ethantaylor (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:03:46 AM

I have no experience and have never engaged in BCH before. But somehow my blockchain.info account is mysteriously containing 0.02791159 BCH. I don't know why there is BCH in my blockchain.info account because I'm not seeing any transaction history about BCH.

Anyway, I'm trying to exchange those BCH to BTC directly in blockchain.info, and then convert my BTC to USD by using other methods.

But something is confusing me. As you can see from the screenshot below, it seems to me that BCH is being more valuable than BTC because BCH is being worth more USD than BTC is.

So if my ultimate goal is USD, should I do "BCH → USD" instead of "BCH → BTC → USD"?

KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:07:30 AM

In some cases, bch-btc -USDT is still higher than bch-usdt in the order of operation, so I will calculate the price is selling. Grin

Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:34:52 AM

BitCoin Cash (BCH) is pretty different from BTC. In some articles about BCH, it tells that there will be low transaction fees for BCH compared to BTC. If you aren't so sure about BCH, then convert it to BTC first then USD, it's much safer that way, but you can experiment on it if you have extra BCH that you can directly convert to USD. Let us know also what would happen if you try the direct to USD option. Smiley

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:45:28 AM

In some cases, bch-btc -USDT is still higher than bch-usdt in the order of operation, so I will calculate the price is selling. Grin

Excuse me, but I don't quite understand the last sentence.

BitCoin Cash (BCH) is pretty different from BTC. In some articles about BCH, it tells that there will be low transaction fees for BCH compared to BTC. If you aren't so sure about BCH, then convert it to BTC first then USD, it's much safer that way, but you can experiment on it if you have extra BCH that you can directly convert to USD. Let us know also what would happen if you try the direct to USD option. Smiley

Thanks. According to the screenshot, will I lose $33.17 ($71.15 - $37.98) after converting BCH to BTC?

cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:18:11 PM

Convert your BCH to BTC now or it will be a waste of time,BCH looks bad right now probably because people still choose to use BTC,

ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:44:04 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. I had just exchanged my BCH to BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: