Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin be dethroned?  (Read 381 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:55:12 AM

The current rise of Ripple is quite significant, at market cap Ethereum the long standing 2nd is way below Ripple now and its still going very strong.
I personally know many people who want to get into crypto are getting in via Ripple only.
So I know its a big IF but, if this trend keeps going, can it even surpass bitcoin?

Is bitcoin in danged or being dethroned as No. 1 at coin market cap?
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:09:03 AM

The current rise of Ripple is quite significant, at market cap Ethereum the long standing 2nd is way below Ripple now and its still going very strong.
I personally know many people who want to get into crypto are getting in via Ripple only.
So I know its a big IF but, if this trend keeps going, can it even surpass bitcoin?

The next month bitcoin will tell you the answer, and there have been a number of times that altcoin has tried to challenge BTC's position, but each time the gap has ended with BTC and altcoin.

Cholo003

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:23:21 AM

Bitcoin will be dethroned, it will come someday. But i think its still hard to tell that Ripple will be the one who would do it. Ripple is at its  ATH right now, iwere everyone is FOMOing. If the dust settle and it remain it top spot with succeeding months, yes it might become. Ripple has great potential, low transaction fees, faster transaction etc. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:24:22 AM

Altcoins tried several attempts to grow over Bitcoin in past, but the King is the King. I am linking a news that says Altcoins trying to keep lower fees to growing popularity and some other tricks like faster transactions, but don't worry, Bitcoin will remain the king.

https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/altcoins-trying-to-replace-bitcoin-offering-faster-and-cheaper-transactions/
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:28:21 AM

Of course it can be surpassed by another currency in market cap value and why shouldn't it? Ripple is climbing right now and just taken over the No 2 spot from Ethereum. It is almost half the cap of Bitcoin now and with such a low single toke price it can easily overtake Bitcoin.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1659

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:33:35 AM

I think by now that you have understand that marketcap is less significant right? And most of the time its fake and very misleading specially if you are a newbie:

Market cap = price x total coins in circulation.

So if newbies that are getting into crypto and getting in XRP will come face to face with a rude awakening. Once the pump on XRP is burst, they will be trap and one way to get out is to incurred losses on your end. And do you think that XRP has the capability to sustained that growth?

I wouldn't be bothered by the rising price of XRP, sooner or later it will crash and bitcoin will remain the no. 1 crypto.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:34:59 AM

It Matters. Really depends if the lightning network can solve the whole messy business of transaction fees & the time it takes to actually get your money to arrive.

Lets assume that it did not, then we can also safely say that people will be looking into alternate coins to use as a form of crypto payment. From this, we can also deduce that over some period of time, that alt-coin's mempool will also get filled up and will result in a similar case to bitcoin.

A new system is needed here in this case, not another currency. That's why I'm kinda against BCH and BTG since they solve nothing of the current problems with bitcoin.

Smiley
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:44:25 AM

The market cap of ripple coin is quite high than most altcouns even also higher than etheteum, this is because ripple is now used in banking systems by some major banks and upto more hundred banks are intetested to test it soon. There are some absurd tokens which already have obtained more than $30 value per coin, i am not telling any altcoin can compare with bitcoin but why can't ripple surpass over all altcoins?
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:44:39 AM

The answer is a big no. This will not happen. The top two down to the last level in the thousandth rank will easily replace each other in their positions but the top 1 will always be Bitcoin. Ripple is is in Billions while Bitcoin is in a few millions only. Ripple is rising as we all know but it is basically based on some updates and new partnerships while Bitcoin is rising all the time without even a big announcement.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 06:48:34 AM

bitcoin cant last forever actually, there are many problems and the worlds economy needs to continue,

for example the construction of a factory cant happen, with bitcoins as a fund, because how can you find out someone ist trustworthy?

there is nothing bad about this, if you are a smart guy you realise when to switch

i explain it to you very easily:

how can you say bitcoin is king when there is no US dollar anymore?

you cant, all cryptocurrencies arent equal anymore, and what comes next is that bitcoin is a vast waste of electricity

worldwide.

regards

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:50:29 AM

no they are not.

yes it can be cause each time there is a pump the Ripple team releases a large chunk of supply easily and the cap of it is 100 billion (currently at 38 billion).  in order to surpass bitcoin in market cap they only have to release another 38 billion which will never hit the market (circulating supply) anyways so the market cap can simply and fake-ly jump to above bitcoin's.

dethroned in market cap? yes sure.
dethroned as the most used currency? not by ripple for sure.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 06:51:10 AM

Yes Bitcoin can be dethroned, but not by Ripple or Ethereum. Ripple and Ethereum aren't intended for the same use as Bitcoin, so all three are capable of existing together and being successful.

Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, lately the market has been driving Bitcoin as more of an investment class (rather than a currency) and largely because merchants aren't flocking to accept a currency for payment that can fluctuate so much in value.

Ripple is a currency to facilitate bank transactions faster, like in 3 seconds rather than 3 days. The CEO of Ripple recently said on CNBC that currently the fastest way to send $10,000 from NYC to London is to get on a plane and fly it there! Ripple will solve that problem.

Ethereum is a blockchain template. It's currency is for processing power to move information across the Ethereum blockchain.

So all three have different business purposes, thus all three can be successful together.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 06:54:36 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 07:15:59 AM by KingScorpio

Yes Bitcoin can be dethroned, but not by Ripple or Ethereum. Ripple and Ethereum aren't intended for the same use as Bitcoin, so all three are capable of existing together and being successful.

Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, lately the market has been driving Bitcoin as more of an investment class (rather than a currency) and largely because merchants aren't flocking to accept a currency for payment that can fluctuate so much in value.

Ripple is a currency to facilitate bank transactions faster, like in 3 seconds rather than 3 days. The CEO of Ripple recently said on CNBC that currently the fastest way to send $10,000 from NYC to London is to get on a plane and fly it there! Ripple will solve that problem.

Ethereum is a blockchain template. It's currency is for processing power to move information across the Ethereum blockchain.

So all three have different business purposes, thus all three can be successful together.

you are wrong

ripple only can work if the usa stays as an empire

but it wont, why should the entire worlds economy be focused on the USA?

it currently only does that because the USA is controlling the oil in the middle east that is why there were so many wars over last decades (US-vs middle east)

the US financial elite did systematic propaganda to do their oil wars in the middle east, and all world needed to get US dollars to buy oil and develop their economies,

but this time is fading rapidly away especially with trump,

the US$ stops beeing a world lead currency, and ripple becomes then just an IT system used between banksters, that cit in glass palaces and enjoyed most privileged of the society, therefore i dont think ripple will be successful in the long term either.  

even the evaluation of bitcoin and others becomes questionable

why is bitcoin worth multiple litecoin and how many exactly? without a trustworthy and working lead currency this question cant be answered

money becomes highly social, and an instrument of leadership you dont take money if you know its not doing any good at all,

that is why i am working on this C-pro Cryptocurrency, that is about the development of value productive capacities

because i know in a post dollar environment money that is not doing god generally with an idea cant be evaluated,

if people in poverty and conflict striken environments take a currency that is designed about the creation value sorces they now it helps solving problems,

and a currency that is beeing designed to decentrally develop value sources willtherefore be popular

while currencies that are wasting ressources claiming just to be currencies, will not

regards

doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:23:34 AM

Of course it can be surpassed by another currency in market cap value and why shouldn't it? Ripple is climbing right now and just taken over the No 2 spot from Ethereum. It is almost half the cap of Bitcoin now and with such a low single toke price it can easily overtake Bitcoin.

I'm laughing right now, lol. There is no way that those altcoins could surpass bitcoin, bitcoin is the superior of them all and it would take years before they could take it down, but we are still not sure, every year, the price of bitcoin is always increasing and getting more expensive. So, good luck to those altcoins who are trying to dethroned bitcoin.

I don't know how that is going to happen because it is too good to be true that those altcoins that you have mentioned could surpass bitcoin someday, but who knows, right?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 07:30:04 AM

you are wrong

Friend, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Ripple has the least invovlement (currently) in US markets. The only US bank that's dealing with Ripple is American Express. Most of the banks that Ripple is dealign with are from Europr or Asia (specifically Japan). So the US economy, financial system, or political policy has had little effect on Ripple.

This doesn't even address the fact that your response doesn't address my explanation of what Ripple does.

why is bitcoin worth multiple litecoin and how many exactly? without a trustworthy and working lead currency this question cant be answered

Because...

(1) Bitcoin was first to market, before Litecoin

(2) Bitcoin has 1/4th the amount of coins available (ever) than Litecoin, therefore making it more scarce. Bitcoin will only ever have 21 million coins mined. Litecoin will only over have 84 million coins mined. One could say that Litecoin is under valued and should be 1/4th the value of Bitcoin, but only if the demand for Bitcoin matched that for Litecoin.

Any other questions?
migolmigol

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:37:14 AM

I honestly think that yes, Bitcoin can be dethroned. However, it can woll not be dethroned easily. Maybe several years from now itNis possible but as of now, it is leading way farther from the rest of the cryptocurrencies. Now what will detrhone it? Us, the investors and holders of Bitcoin. There might come the time that people will panic sell their Bitcoins and drag the price down to really low making the other cryptocurrencies surpass it easily. This scenario is common to most investment downfall like stocks.

jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:42:02 AM

Maybe yes maybe no. As of the moment bitcoin is still number one. And maybe tomorrow bitcoin could go to second spot. Their is no certainty that it will continue to dominate the race of cryptocurrency.
Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1830

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:44:15 AM

I cannot believe I am saying this but I believe yes. The Ripple market, if it can take the monthly outlay of billions of XRP and maintain its price then maybe it can dethrone Bitcoin.  

P.S. But only if Bitcoin continues to stay stagnant in the market.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
adamski

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:07:10 AM

Bitcoin won't be dethroned!
Remember 1 month ago when Iota has its pump, or Lite coin or cardano..
So ripple has now its pump, but the next days are the days of Bitcoin Smiley
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:18:18 AM

Of course bitcoin can be derived from the throne, not always bitcoin will be on top of another coin if bitcoin does not immediately innovate and creativity then of course bitcoin will be defeated by another coin. Just as happens to yahoo they do not update and look light on something new so they fall. Bitcoin will also fall if they are quite satisfied with the current results then I am sure sooner or later the bitcoin will also fall.
hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

It is too early too assume that another cryptocurrency will dethroned the main which is bitcoin. I think next year, we will be judging the impact of bitcoins to the charts and its outcome price. If the results are nearly matched with its counterpart cryptocurrency, then maybe we should be worry that bitcoin will be replaced. There will be adjustments since bitcoins is already implemented to some businesses.

superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:19:15 AM

As much as I am hoping that it won't, there are big chances that it would. Don't get me wrong, Bitcoin is very reliable however if other coins start stepping up their game and people would see that Bitcoin does not bring as much profit as the others does, then the chances are for Bitcoin to be replaced and dethroned. Bitcoin had a good run and is still promising up to date (despite the corrections), if it will be dethroned, it definitely left a good mark toward its users. It will be replaced but Bitcoin will leave a legacy that most of us would be thankful for in the future.
rappydoo

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:24:20 AM

yes definitely, simply because there will always be something better, no one knows when but for sure.
savushkinTA

Activity: 192

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:27:27 AM

Bitcoin is interesting as a currency because it basically eliminates monetary policy. Though, I don't understand its utility as a post-apocalyptic currency. No electricity = no money. Plus, it seems odd to buy into a currency dictated by computational efficiency when you know corporations like Google probably have some secret CPU up their sleeve.
Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:41:47 AM

I dont think so. Bitcoin has a stable market,altcoin is always behind the bitcoin,with out bitcoin,altcoin did not exist. Bitcoin is still at the top and i think it will continue as long as the demand is still high,altcoins like ethereum and  XRP are still a follower of bitcoin.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:50:40 AM

It's certainly not easy but the possibility is always there. I think bitcoin is the best for now, so getting to the throne seems pretty tough. To abdicate, the throne is taken by something better and more famous than bitcoin, and for now I do not think anyone can, so it's impossible for now, but maybe in the future.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
stashi

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:15:38 AM

you are wrong

it currently only does that because the USA is controlling the oil in the middle east that is why there were so many wars over last decades (US-vs middle east)

the US financial elite did systematic propaganda to do their oil wars in the middle east, and all world needed to get US dollars to buy oil and develop their economies,

but this time is fading rapidly away especially with trump,

the US$ stops beeing a world lead currency, and ripple becomes then just an IT system used between banksters, that cit in glass palaces and enjoyed most privileged of the society, therefore i dont think ripple will be successful in the long term either.  

even the evaluation of bitcoin and others becomes questionable

money becomes highly social, and an instrument of leadership you dont take money if you know its not doing any good at all,

that is why i am working on this C-pro Cryptocurrency, that is about the development of value productive capacities

because i know in a post dollar environment money that is not doing god generally with an idea cant be evaluated,

if people in poverty and conflict striken environments take a currency that is designed about the creation value sorces they now it helps solving problems,

and a currency that is beeing designed to decentrally develop value sources willtherefore be popular

while currencies that are wasting ressources claiming just to be currencies, will not

regards

I agree with one part, bitcoin's dependency on US markets might make it vulnerable (just drawing parallel between macroeconomics of Asia, Europe and US) a sure shot pull down will be any adverse steps towards bitcoin from China, God forbid it happens... the other aspect could be the availability and security any concern over there could really go bad.
coinycoiny

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:29:48 AM

Well yes, if bitcoin was at $6k and ripple kept it's current value then ripple would be market leader.

Lets face it, btc is useless at the moment so 2018 could be the year it happens.

Certainly the market dominance of btc has continued to fall, 10 % in December alone.

Problem is, if btc loses its dominance then it proves that any virtual currency can be king, therefore all 1000 virtual currencies are probably the same value.

Chekitan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:32:21 AM

I think of course it can be surpassed by another currency in market cap value and why shouldn't it? Ripple is climbing right now and just taken over the No 2 spot from Ethereum. It is almost half the cap of Bitcoin now and with such a low single toke price it can easily overtake Bitcoin.
plucking23

Activity: 62
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:41:13 AM

We cannot say as of now. Bitcoin is still way far than other cryptocurrencies. Maybe in the next years it can be dethroned yet for now it cannot. People nowadays are expecting a large blowout again for the 2018. Once it happened, bitcoin will rise again in the market that will make the gap big again.

Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:44:47 AM

Possibilities are low in my opinion. The only thing that could make it happen is when people started using alts as their main cryptocoin which will give that specific alts higher demand than bitcoin.
Even though bitcoin is a bit out of the game now, people still trusts it's value as a storage.
What users do is they are holding bitcoins and using alts as for their activities today. Which I think will not lessen the reputation of bitcoin. I think bitcoin as a medium in this industry will maintain its reputation.
Though negative feedbacks are all over the place, bitcoin struggles to give its abilities.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:52:10 AM

I think it definitely can, but then, what's the real purpose and significance of market cap? We should look at how many coins are being traded because you can get however high a market cap if only a small amount of the total monetary supply gets actually traded. Market cap is a very shaky and unrealiable metric for measuring a coin's success.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:53:13 AM

Bitcoin has now become very slow, his commissions for transactions are prohibitively expensive. If this continues for a long time, he will not hold on to the leaders of the crypto currency for a long time and will be overthrown by another, more successful coin. Already, many are very outraged by the excessively high commission rates. Hope remained only on the introduction into the bitcoin network of lightning, which. ostensibly, has already successfully passed the test and can eliminate the existing shortcomings of bitcoin. If this does not happen soon, then you can say goodbye to the leader chair.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 09:54:15 AM

Many people are getting impatient with bitcoin's progress so they go where they think the better. But once a very significant update happen to bitcoin they'll come back. But if bitcoin stays like this for a while an any altcoin might get the chance to get in the top spot but temporarily.

kiwasmose

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:06:28 AM

XRP is very strong these days, and it may be related to the large number of banks and government support for ripple. Of course, I'm not worried about the throne of bitcoin. As long as the encryption market is still there, I believe the first is bitcoin. The number of XRP users is not 1/10 yet.
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:19:18 AM

Well I don't think so that bitcoin has been dethroned by another cryptocurrency. I observe bitcoin and it is the strongest cryptocurrency up to this days. Ethereum stays as the second cryptocurrency.

Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:23:16 AM

For now on All I think is no one coins or tokens can dethrone bitcoin into the plce in coinmarketcap now. Because I believe that the longness and strength of bitcoin is enough to prove that bitcoin is king of all cryptos
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:31:11 AM

Ripple can easily overtake Bitcoin? It's impossible because it's like expecting Crypto investors to believe in Centralized coins and Banksters, even I doubt XRP will survive at $ 2 because according to the history of XRP charts, it will be Dump after High Pump

konfuci

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:00:48 AM

The number of people supports bitcoin is larger than supporting other cryptocurrencies so bitcoin cannot be dethroned. the upcoming year will give the healthy competition to all other cryptos!!
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:50:12 AM

Market cap doesn't mean anything. If more xrp enter the market, the market cap goes up, does it mean it is more popular than say ETH or LTC? no. Does it mean Ripple is taking over the crypto market? no.

A person getting into cryptocurrencies via Ripple is someone who doesn't know what the fundamentals of cryptos are and everything they stand for. People are pretty much throwing their money at a centralized coin backed by the banking system, might as well just keep your fiat in the bank if you still want to support them...

Those buying xrp right now are: greedy noobs trying to earn quick money (same guys that bought BTC @ 19k but panic sold at the dip, the same bunch that bought LTC @ $400 and gave in to panic sell at $150), people who have no idea what Ripple/XRP actually is but they just want in, investors pumping a cheap crypto (it happens from time to time), and some other people giving in to FOMO and emotions. They're are going to get burned so bad.

However, Ripple can take No.1, but Bitcoin would not be in danger. It is becoming a trend to see an altcoin get a non-organic pump in the price, along with the usual FUD in the lines of 'the next big thing' or 'it's going to replace bitcoin', pure nonsense.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Clover_Faith

Activity: 237

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:17:39 PM

Actually i dont know if they can dethroned bitcoin maybe they have trying to stop bitcoin but i think they find a ways to ban bitcoin and i think they need time to think of it. All we need to do is to enjoy bitcoin in the present. Use and use bitcoin and earn more until no one can stop it.

▬▬ ● ● Papusha ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰     PAPUSHA ROCKET TECHNOLOGY ICO COOMING SOON   ▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▲▼ WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ MEDIUM  ▲▼
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:02:45 AM

It's going to be a hard fight to dethrone great Bitcoin. If that is going to happen it will take another 10 years but for now I have not seen any coin that can do that.

Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1830

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:06:06 AM

Bitcoin won't be dethroned!
Remember 1 month ago when Iota has its pump, or Lite coin or cardano..
So ripple has now its pump, but the next days are the days of Bitcoin Smiley

Ask me the same question a few months ago and I will give the same reply as yours. But as of today I am not that confident anymore. My only hope is that, in becoming 2nd or 3rd in market capitalization, it will still be the best decentralized cryptocurrency for the whole community.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:09:27 AM

Bitcoin will be dethroned, it will come someday. But i think its still hard to tell that Ripple will be the one who would do it. Ripple is at its  ATH right now, iwere everyone is FOMOing. If the dust settle and it remain it top spot with succeeding months, yes it might become. Ripple has great potential, low transaction fees, faster transaction etc. 
yes, I agree with you, today it's hard to lose the BTC throne. no altcoin is capable. may someday be able to abdicate, but not by ripple. because I see today the ripple is still weak. we do not know what happens tomorrow

Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:14:23 AM

I don't really don't think that bitcoin will replace by any altcoins someday because in a sense that bitcoin started this cyrptocurrency into it's popularity. The thing that happen with bitcoin, it shows already of being dominant to all digital currencies and even USD had never escaped from it.
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:41:15 AM

no they are not.

Yes, they are and in numbers too.
I know many people who are first time crypto investors and who have invested in Ripple in amount varying from $20 to $1000 and even more.
So, yes it has been a trend in the past couple of weeks or so.
Hence the surge in its position, value and market cap.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: