Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:24:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on with Ripple  (Read 314 times)
Doctor.Strange (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:02:32 AM

Ripple just crossed Ethereum and reached $2.5, what is going on behind the scenes?

Are they whales pumping it or any other reason?
Jugger

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:18:14 AM

Roger Ver ruined btc image so now everyone dump btc and buy ripple.
bumblefoot02

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:21:10 AM

It is in Limelight.  Grin
FrenchBTC

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:24:03 AM

Hi,

Let's time and we'll really see !
But for now this market is crazy !??? Why buying a centralized crypto like Ripple as this level Huh(at every lol indeed :-)...)
Korean are just crazy right now...

But another reason for me to stay away from Ripple, B"crash" and other centralized cryptos !...

Hello ! Would like to learn more about BTC...
swami84

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:34:40 AM

Its funny how many idiotic answers one would get. Even for a crypto such a surge cannot be induced by pumpers especially for any of the cryptos in the top 10. Please see the following media coverage

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/12/29/ripple-surges-become-second-valued-cryptocurrency-leaves-ethereum-behind/

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/12/29/ripple-soars-becomes-second-biggest-cryptocurrency-by-market-cap.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7mtzjm/w3c_payment_handler_api_to_add_payment_method_for/?sort=new

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/14767-w3c-payment-handler-api-powered-by-interledger/
HeroicZ1

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:43:27 AM

True, we have to be very careful and closely monitor key resistance levels on this one. Good luck guys!
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:15:29 AM

Ripple just crossed Ethereum and reached $2.5, what is going on behind the scenes?

I will stay away, recently was a HYPE about XVG and how this ends up? No soo good for late investors. Now I can see on Facebook Trading Group's plenty hype on XRP and one article about Ripple will reach 100$ in 2018, yeah I can see that... nothing wrong with price prediction except you need "MILK" millions of investors that reach 10$ just because Total Supply is 100 Billion !!! and they compare to Ethereum/Litecoin and Bitcoin with far less Total Supply. If you really want and believe in XRP that yeah, buy 10XRP for 25$ and keep this 1 year and see for yourself - if it reaches you have 1000$ not bad if not you didn't risk a lot but I will never invest more in centralised currency than 50$ - and right now I have 0 XRP.

Someone is pumping XRP and I will stay away from investing serious money in that.
Mister.Satan

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:10:33 AM

People put their crypto bag to XRP, mad world.
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:30:59 AM

Looks like XRP is already crashing. There are rumors of market manipulation by Bithumb (not allowing to place sell orders under a certain price). 
flinty69

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

Looks like XRP is already crashing. There are rumors of market manipulation by Bithumb (not allowing to place sell orders under a certain price). 

FUD much ? WAHAHAHAA..lol
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:16:42 AM

it seems the whales want to make a profit for the new year party. don't be easily fooled, remember and be aware NXT yesterday guys
That's indeed, There are so many people are feeling stress caused by they are getting big trap in the nxt. i could be happened in the ripple too. if the whale are pumping it and then dump it just in some minutes and for those are buying at the high price will be mad.  NXT becomes very best example about that.
Chokolo

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:37:58 AM

Now I Can See On Twitter Trading Group On XRP And One Article About Ripple Will Reach 40$ In 2018...
Bitcoin have already forked in to what, 3 or 4 different Bitcoins? People are tired I guess..

People are joining XRP and Ripple instead. Its more safe and is for the future of payments on the internet, plus the profit potential are much higher than Bitcoin
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:37:20 PM

Now I Can See On Twitter Trading Group On XRP And One Article About Ripple Will Reach 40$ In 2018...
Bitcoin have already forked in to what, 3 or 4 different Bitcoins? People are tired I guess..

People are joining XRP and Ripple instead. Its more safe and is for the future of payments on the internet, plus the profit potential are much higher than Bitcoin

Profit potential for the creators of XRP and the foundation. And how is it more safe? You don't know what you are talking about...
suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:48:55 PM

People saying this is pump and dump have no understanding of markets and economics whatsoever. Ripple has over $10bln volume in 24 hours - good luck trying to make a price manipulation with that volume.

What is happening here is that people are slowly moving on to coins that have utility and touch with the real world (like XRP was signed by multiple banks recently) because only those coins have the chance of surviving. People are moving money from useless privacy coins and coins which only utility is to serve as a form of payment, and investing into coins with a mass adoption potential (which can only happen if partnerships with real, popular companies are signed).

Ripple is one of rare cryptocurrency projects that managed to create a sustainable business model which will generate income, unlike 95% of other ICOs which will dissapear as soon as the money from ICO funding is spent.
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:54:37 PM

What happened to Ripple? well, it's now on it's way the moon and it already surpassed Ethereum's market capital value so we might even have some questions why Ripple or why now?
Experts can answer that questions but the real explanation to this event is people are investing one of the strongest coin and the same time the coin is at it's cheaper level so people were investing huge amount of Ripple coins and they're expecting good high profits like this.
when they invest while it's only under a dollar per coin then now it's already in $2.5 per coin then that's a good deal.

Chokolo

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:55:08 PM

Profit potential for the creators of XRP and the foundation. And how is it more safe? You don't know what you are talking about...

People are getting big profits. Ripple too, but that can be said about any coin. Even Satoshi with his Bitcoins...

Ripple is more safe because it isnt prone to forks that have happened to Bitcoin. With user groups going and starting a sub system because the Bitcoin community cant agree on a protocol. Thats impossible with Ripple. Which makes the cryptonetwork much more reliable.

Just look at this list. Wouldnt surprise to see Bitcoin implode in the future
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bitcoin_forks
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:59:02 PM

People are smarter today into investing cryptocoins because of their failures last investment that somehow doesn't gone well.
Ripple is backed by huge banks in Japan so ancient ways of banking will be innovated and they will start to use cryptocurrency in a whole new level. And people and some business establishments will start to use cryptocurrency as their next banking transactions.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:08:43 PM

I knew ripple would take a step forward soon , But at this level to be honest I never thought it can happen this fast , People saying that this is normal move because users started to search for better coin , I have to say to them ripple is far far from being the better coin . There is a lot of coins that surpass ripple in every term one of them is being decentralized .
Branko

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:30:15 PM

I knew ripple would take a step forward soon , But at this level to be honest I never thought it can happen this fast , People saying that this is normal move because users started to search for better coin , I have to say to them ripple is far far from being the better coin . There is a lot of coins that surpass ripple in every term one of them is being decentralized .

Why do you think Ripple been decentralized is a bad thing?
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:40:33 PM

Why do you think Ripple been decentralized is a bad thing?
I think that if there is any doubt with respect to some kind of coin, it is better not to take yo-yo as the basis of your contributions or investments. At least I have a lot of projects that you can pay attention to.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: