Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:01:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin domination era is over?  (Read 1009 times)
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:00:38 PM

Not it isn't. Bitcoin has been down and dead several times, even in last December last year, price also fall dip. This is not about era over, this only condition which people are interest convert their assets into Cash for a time, we can take a look other coins such as Eth, BCH, etc, there are value going down same as Bitcoin in this December.
groundcontrol67

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

Hi,

Bitcoin domination is under 40% and Ripple is exploding.

Do you think we are witnesses of the End of Bitcoin Domination Era? Is this a sign of bitcoin going down the drain?

If by domination you mean bitcoin having a greater market cap than all other alts then sure but that was inevitable, if you mean that it won't be the no 1 crypto soon then I don't agree with that.

prabhu

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:07:12 PM

No it's not possible.The price of the current price is normal.The sooner it comes to the old stage.This has happened in the past.Bitcoin most popular crypto currency in the world . Now still famous and number one crypto currency
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:27:19 PM

Bitcoin's dominance is dropping due to the growing market share of non top 10 altcoins - at the moment their share is sitting at historical maximum of 18%. Ripple is also contributing to this shift, and it's market share has spiked recently. However, the good news is that Bitcoin is not in danger of getting flipped - when Ethereum was closing the gap there was a 7% difference between its and Bitcoin's market share, today this gap is 18%, even though Bitcoin's dominance is on the same level as during the first near-flippening.

And as for the long run, Bitcoin is technologically superior to any altcoin, most people just don't know it because they are not experts in cryptocurrency technology and easily believe in all the hype that altcoin projects are feeding to them.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

And as for the long run, Bitcoin is technologically superior to any altcoin, most people just don't know it because they are not experts in cryptocurrency technology and easily believe in all the hype that altcoin projects are feeding to them.

This is a great argument that I support wholeheartedly.
Just take a look at where the greatest developers are working - it is Bitcoin and the services and wallets surrounding Bitcoin.

Most teams of the bigger altcoins consist of PR guys and other people, who mainly market the coin to the public
and shill their respective altcoin on social media all day long. Most of them probably know that their altcoin will never compete
with Bitcoin and therefore are just trying to unload their holdings that were often acquired at really low price levels to
gullible investors.

mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:52:32 PM

bitcoin dominance is very prominent and reasonable if now btc began to weaken because so many people who sell btc at the time of Christmas and New Year. but for this XRP price spike I think it's surprising to many people. because not many people thought this was happening
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:09:58 PM

Hi,

Do you think we are witnesses of the End of Bitcoin Domination Era? Is this a sign of bitcoin going down the drain?

I think this is just a temporary thing, I don't think the whole community will shift to something else other than bitcoins as prices are just on a temporary correction and likely it would bounce back by January. Ripple is indeed doing good but it doesn't mean it would replace bitcoins as this is likely just another pump and dump and the dump will happen when bitcoins do go up again.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:14:27 PM

bitcoin dominance is very prominent and reasonable if now btc began to weaken because so many people who sell btc at the time of Christmas and New Year. but for this XRP price spike I think it's surprising to many people. because not many people thought this was happening

It is surprising because it's a centralized altcoin. Most bitcoin supporters won't go after xrp. They'll rather see a bitcoin competitor like BCH take over than a coin made by bankers for bankers. It would be a disaster IMO. Also, with the number of xrp in circulation I don't think it will ever become the king.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:26:59 PM

We will probably see a massive correction soon. But btc dominance is not a very significant stat. Coinmarketcap continually adds new scams, shitcoins. Bitcoins share of the total market will naturally go down. The ripple pump is ridicilous and it will dump back soon enough.I would not be suprised to see btc dominance above 55% in Januar.
ceremonita

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:27:14 PM

Hi,

The same scenario was applied during ethereum pump too. Remember the dominance dropped down below 40% at that time. Then it rised over 60% easily.
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 01:12:31 AM

If I wanted a centralized company coin like ripple I would have to go to Wallstreet. And just to rubbed in... Ripple trash just went down again. Probably ripple company saw his chance to dump some of the 80% coins what they have.  Grin

wawanwawan96

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:33:04 AM

Hi,

I would not be surprised by the dominance of bitcoin and other coins as more and more new coins emerge but that is not enough to stop the bitcoin dominance is king.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:21:33 AM

Hi,

Ripple is not even a crypto. and is way under 40%. Bitcoin have most development and will stay on top.  Marketcap can be pumped specially of PoS or tokens like is ripple. They can just print ripple like USD or Euro or CNY.   Even if ripple tomorrow have 9999999999999 market cap to me dont matter anything.  To those that trade it left and right will mean to me nothing. It is totally useless coin for me.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:44:59 AM

As long as people are building Bitcoin infrastructure (ATMs, payment systems, etc.)
As long as Companies are building trading platforms, ICO's, future markets, etc.
As long as drugs are sold in BTC.

I think we still have some growth...

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:13:50 AM

Hi,

As soon as the ripple craze is over bitcoin dominance will be back up. And even if it's not the bitcoin dominance is not the best way to decide, it's btc vs all the altcoins, kinda unfair. Ripple is not the best crypto for obvious reasons states many times in past, it will never surpass BTC, but it can still become popular.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:16:31 PM

Hi,

I don't think bitcoin domination is over. It's still the most popular cryptocurrency. Maybe someday it will happen, but you have for a long time to wait.
Bitcoin was at 66% market domination in Mid-December 2017. This basically shows that people are moving to other altcoins with more speed, and less transaction fee, such as Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, or Dash.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:38:27 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 04:04:07 PM by tomahawk9

Hi,

I don't think bitcoin domination is over. It's still the most popular cryptocurrency. Maybe someday it will happen, but you have for a long time to wait.
Bitcoin was at 66% market domination in Mid-December 2017. This basically shows that people are moving to other altcoins with more speed, and less transaction fee, such as Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, or Dash.
Uhm, no. The market cap doesn't provide any type of information that let's you reach that conclusion, that's just you being biased towards altcoins.

The btc dominance has gone down mainly because its dollar value has decreased, and the rest of the market shares like the non top 10 altcoins (except Ripple) have actually gone up by a lot.

And Ripple is just a banker coin getting pump from hype and rumours, not because there's actual belief in the project. Besides, if Ripple releases more XRP into the market, its market cap will go up by a large margin and the btc dominance will go down, does it mean people are getting attracted to a centralized crypto? no, it just shows how easy it is to manipulate the market so that newbies and crypto newcomers like you think that people are  leaving Bitcoin and moving to altcoins.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:57:54 PM

I still think it is too early to tell if indeed Bitcoin's era is over because this has happened before -- the price decline upon the opening of the year. And you know what happened? It broke another record during around the second week of January. Hence, you can never tell if history will repeat itself this time around. I am still hopeful, though, that it will break yet another record come the month of January to open the year with a bang. It times like these, we can only rely on good data to somehow forecast the future. There is so much to consider given all the circumstances that can contribute to Bitcoin's price fluctuations.
AidenCasanova

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

lets compare market cap of bitcoin against ripple https://coinmarketcap.com/
BTC marketcap is $235,472,091,395
number 2 is ripple with $93,145,562,045   
according to that number ripple is 39,5% marketcap from BTC
not even half from BTC marketcap
so i can not said that Bitcoin domination era is over

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:40:55 PM

People are buying ripple as they want to make profit in terms of btc. People will sell ripple when they will get the enough profit from it then max of the capital will come back into btc again.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: