Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill down? (Never mind, it is back up now)  (Read 1176 times)
Hook^ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:50:11 AM

It just times out for me.  Anyone else getting thru?  Do we have another DDos?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DamienBlack

Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:51:59 AM

It is up at the moment for me, but does time out every now and then. Guess they can't handle the load.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 03:29:20 AM

Overall I don't believe it's been too bad. Right when we launched and when Mt Gox was hacked we received more than anticipated volume.
We had some issues then and corrected some problems in the system.Since then we've made quite a few changes and haven't heard too many complaints.
 I'm about as far away (Chile) as you get from the servers (Sweden) and I'm on the site 12 to 18  hours a day and it's worked well for me.
I don't want to assume it's working well for everyone else though so all feedback is appreciated.

We're switching to new servers in a few days though and it should help.
We've been the target of a few DDOS attacks which didn't have nearly the intended effect.

Regardless, we want it to be responsive all the time and we're not completely happy with our current provider so we're making a move.
The downtime should be minimal and announced ahead of time. I don't have the ETA but it's not far out.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 03:32:03 AM

Responsive as always tradehill. I applaud you. You would be my number one choice if your trade screen and market data looked just a little bit better. Give me fill-or-kill, all-or-nothing and stop-losses and I'm yours forever.

Oh, and others have complained about the $45 wire fee.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 03:45:20 AM

Responsive as always tradehill. I applaud you. You would be my number one choice if your trade screen and market data looked just a little bit better. Give me fill-or-kill, all-or-nothing and stop-losses and I'm yours forever.

Oh, and others have complained about the $45 wire fee.

Thanks,

We've got a guy making some really nice charts and are going to relaunch the site with a lot of other changes.
We have a lot of things we are dying to announce but want to completely test it before release.
The site will be a lot easier to navigate and you will see things like additional tickers etc.

In regards to other types of trades they're all in the works and on the list. I can't put an ETA on them but they're a priority.

$45 USD for a wire is horrible. I agree completely. The part that I hate even more is almost all of it goes to the bank.
I deal with the banks everyday (except weekends and holidays, their choice not mine) and everyday I feel better and better about Bitcoin.
A little of that goes to pay for the person that sits there and manually sends out the wires.
The good news is I'm negotiating a lower fee and we will pass that on.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:18:45 AM

Sounds very awesome. I would love to see you and mt gox about equal in volume. That would give the bitcoin economy much more stability.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: