Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Macbook or Windows Laptop for crypto  (Read 382 times)
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:22:56 PM

Both of them are good Smiley. If you only need a laptop to work I think Macbook is better one cause when your laptop suddenly turned off because of running out of battery all of your work still remain until the next time you turn on your Macbook. But if you want to work and play game at the same time I think you should choose a windows laptop. Beside if you don't have much money I think a windows laptop is also a better option as well Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lil_jb

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:09:49 PM

I’m a little biased in this conversation  Tongue. MacBook is the choice you wanna go with lol.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:18:46 PM

for more secure your data and your balance I think you should choose Macbook.
I understand that Macbook is more expensive than Windows.  Cheesy  but in the digital currency your account and data is everything.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:29:29 PM

I'm using windows for my crypto wallet and hardly ever login to my wallet because I am not a trader so I want to keep my wallet offline as much as possible.But I think windows is the best option because it is cheaper and convenient to use for everyone.
AND i hate apple products. Tongue
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:31:01 PM

I think windows laptop are good because window is more compatible as compared to mac. Even most developer works on windows.
You mentioned that there are some virus and security issue. So my suggestion is to use genuine window only with genuine anti virus.
If you want to do mining then i will suggest to use Linux system

velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:11:46 PM

macbook or windows just the same. they only help us to work with the capabilities, but i use windows because i like the specs and easy to use windows for crypto.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:03:20 AM

Hi everyone,

I must changing from laptop and actually i use a Windows HP laptop. Now we know all, security is a big issue in crypto. And off course the change to have a virus or malware is much lower with a mac. So i thinking to taking a MacBook in place a Windows laptop. But there are to points i esitate:

- Is it eassy to switch between a Windows pc a going to a MacBook?
- Are all the applications and wallet released at the same time then for Windows? When i looked for the RPX presale, the wallet to use with Neocoins, get released much soner then for mac. I even think it was a issue to get a macwallet that can be used for the RPX presale.

So is it worth to make to step the change and to go to a macbook? Please dont aswer with your personal feeling (because everybody has a preference..), but with your technical advice, and specialy when you do cryptoinvestment and use wallets and whant to use applications.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I guess that's not really in mind if you are just trading in cryptocurrency but if you are a developer or creator of some coin then macbook is the right choice to design or build some cryptocurrency.

rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:55:13 AM

I’m a windows user since the beginning and starting to join the crypto. But, my phone that I am using is brand of apple, We all know that the security features in macbook is high end than windows. So, if you have an extra money just go with macbook since we need to secure our wallets in an online wallet storage. But, as you can see windows is much easier to use and convenient. There are advantages and disadvantages that relies to this two OS but if I were you, go with the OS that you are comfortable with.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:12:51 AM

I still prefer laptops and desktop computer in trading both forex and cryptocurrency markets. I  do want to have a wider view of want ever I am doing and do work hard to do my pre placing of order very well and I don't want any body to take advantage of business opportunities before becouse of the system I am using.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:34:27 AM

Hi everyone,

I must changing from laptop and actually i use a Windows HP laptop. Now we know all, security is a big issue in crypto. And off course the change to have a virus or malware is much lower with a mac. So i thinking to taking a MacBook in place a Windows laptop. But there are to points i esitate:

- Is it eassy to switch between a Windows pc a going to a MacBook?
- Are all the applications and wallet released at the same time then for Windows? When i looked for the RPX presale, the wallet to use with Neocoins, get released much soner then for mac. I even think it was a issue to get a macwallet that can be used for the RPX presale.

So is it worth to make to step the change and to go to a macbook? Please dont aswer with your personal feeling (because everybody has a preference..), but with your technical advice, and specialy when you do cryptoinvestment and use wallets and whant to use applications.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I personally use windows laptop by now but I am looking forward to buying a mac. My friends suggested it because it is better in many ways except gaming ofcourse. I prefer ny windows when I am gaming because the game runs smoother and can run a higher fps games. When on crypto works, I prefer to use mac because it is somehow more secured but yeah as most apple products have,it is more expensive. I also want to have both because I can use them on different purposes,when gaming I will use windows and if on crypto I will use mac. As a student,we use autocad and we know it requires a unit with high specs so it will run smooth so as my professors suggest, get a mac.
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:45:30 AM

I think macbook is more secure than windows and also macbook is strongger than windows the only problem is macbook is a little expensive  than windows i dont think is alienware is good for it.

rocos

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:19:34 AM

in my opinion if we talk about the world of crypto is broad but if only for access in the world of crypto using Macbook can also follow if we actively participate in playing in the world of crypto it must require strong spection and large capacity for the purposes of access our network in the world of crypro for example Laptop and other windows
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:33:44 PM

I've been using laptop and windows program for a long time already and it's very useful for me even with wallets and cryptocurrency for as long as you know also the programs you use. I've been looking at macbook of my friends and did some research based on my laptop and my friends MacBooks. I found out that there are MacBooks that handle also windows programs at the same time. It's like two in one. Because of that, I'm interested to have a MacBook. Plus the benefits it can give. I hope this helps.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: