Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:49:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining altcoins in UK  (Read 194 times)
baraba (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:46:31 AM

Hello
I want to start mining altcoins in UK.
I don't know to much about this,but i need to start with something.For now,i don't really care how much money i will make.I just want to start.
I have around £5,000 to invest.I want a system who can run from my home,easy to setup and running.
I want this system to be able to mine more the 1 altcoins.I looked around and i see they are dedicated systems for just on e coin(bitcoin,litecoin...)I don't want that.I want to have the possibility to chosse every day,if i want,what kind of altcoin to mine.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

Forget it, electricity in the UK is expensive, do not waste your time, use the money to buy the altcoins you want, that way will be many times more profitable, the alt coins are rising many times more than any mining you will ever do and in the end you will see you did the right thing. Buy and hold.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
ant1113

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:29:26 PM

Electricity is important for miners

Since purchasing POS coins, mining is the best Cheesy
baraba (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:44:42 PM

I alredy have some coins.Few thousand investment.
Ripple at $1
Stellar at $0.22
Sia at $ 0.03
But i want to see how mining works.In UK we have like 0.2$/kWh.Double the US but i think i can still make some profit.
Maybe i can run something small in my office,overnight.I don't pay electricity,it's included.
I was looking into Obelsik for SIA,but they are avalable in June,i think.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:19:16 PM

I alredy have some coins.Few thousand investment.
Ripple at $1
Stellar at $0.22
Sia at $ 0.03
But i want to see how mining works.In UK we have like 0.2$/kWh.Double the US but i think i can still make some profit.
Maybe i can run something small in my office,overnight.I don't pay electricity,it's included.
I was looking into Obelsik for SIA,but they are avalable in June,i think.
Be careful when purchasing ASICs. When too many people are allowed to buy an ASIC for some specific crypto (eg. Obelisk for SIA or Decred), the difficulty will spike throught the roof and you will be left there mining almost nothing. Look up/research what happened with Bitmain D3s. Also ASICs are really loud.

All the best! Smiley

gt_addict

Activity: 2520
Merit: 622

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:35:18 PM

There is plenty of information on the forum aboit different rigs. Use google and youtube as references aswell. Thats why i did and set up my first rig gpu rig a couple of months ago. Currently making around £200 a month profit (only compared to electricty cost at £0.13kwh here. Not fussed about roi as the resale value of the cards will be fine and i intend to make a decent computer for a family member.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Kradziej

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:03:20 PM

For 5k you can build 5 to 6x  1080ti minning rig
bill121

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:28:06 PM

Hello
I want to start mining altcoins in UK.
I don't know to much about this,but i need to start with something.For now,i don't really care how much money i will make.I just want to start.
I have around £5,000 to invest.I want a system who can run from my home,easy to setup and running.
I want this system to be able to mine more the 1 altcoins.I looked around and i see they are dedicated systems for just on e coin(bitcoin,litecoin...)I don't want that.I want to have the possibility to chosse every day,if i want,what kind of altcoin to mine.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

I mine in the UK was lucky enough to get some vegas when the were first released and am looking to build another miner sometime soon so have been looking at what cards to go with. First choice is AMD or NVIDIA, from my experience to get best performance from AMD cards BIOS modding is usually required whereas NVIDIA cards are good with a bit of tuning so if bios modding isnt your thing then i would go for NVIDIA ( Vegas would still be first choice for me for profitibilty even without bios modding for Monero anyway ). NVIDIA cards are also more profitable over many different algos whereas AMD cards are better for specific coins. With a £5000 budget you could build a miner with any 6 GPUs you like, although maybe possible to build 2 miners one with AMD RX570/580 and the other with 1060 6gb/1070. Be aware tho that the cards i mentioned before will have the least resale value if the time ever come to sell up. A rig with 1080s is likely to be profitable for much longer than rx5xx/gtx1060 and easier to sell. Personally i would stick to 6 cards max per rig to avoid unnecessary headaches and minimise downtime ( first time round anyway ).

Forget it, electricity in the UK is expensive, do not waste your time, use the money to buy the altcoins you want, that way will be many times more profitable, the alt coins are rising many times more than any mining you will ever do and in the end you will see you did the right thing. Buy and hold.

^^This is true in my case, holding wouldve made 10x what i have from mining. Electricity isnt too big an issue though 13p/KWH is manageable
zYbSeb

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

Mining in UK cost you 1/3 of the coin profit, yet still profitable!
DarrenJC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:04:32 PM

Im UK... 12.7p is decent. Could be worse

Single GPU Miner - Zotac GTX1070 8GB Mini
Still early days, aiming bigger in time
Kradziej

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:03:47 PM

Mining in UK cost you 1/3 of the coin profit, yet still profitable!
1/3of coin profit ? How much you pay per 1kw ? Or What you minning ? I have 6x1080ti paying 13p/1kw, for electricity is going about  13% What i mine.
goldap

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 12:58:17 PM

i'm also in the UK, and have been interested in starting to mine too, i have around £800 saved up, was thinking to start small, with maybe 2-3 GPUs ( 1060s 1070s maybe) i already have a old pc case to put them in and plenty of spare RAM and CPUs, the only thing i will really need to pay for is the eleccy at around 0.12 pence per kw.
any advice guys? i`ve been watching some videos but i doubt that would make me ready for it haha
also been reading the forum for a while too and seems nicehash was good but got hacked? so not sure what to use! took me like 2 days to sync my bitcoin wallet lol

any advice would be appreciated!

tl;dr
is mining with 2 GPUs profitable?
i want to start small and eventually increase

A Proud MinerMore Miner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: