Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:54:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earning passive income with cryptocurrency - XZC and znodes  (Read 105 times)
meekutz (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

While a good way of earning money in crypto is surely trading, be it on a daily basis or mid to long-term, it can often be stressful and also pretty risky. There are ways to earn passive income while, at the same time, HODLing your coins and waiting for them to further rise in price. Think of this as passive income you get while a bank holds your money, just better and with better rates Smiley

Zcoin (XZC) (their official website: http://zcoin.io/) is one of the cryptocurrencies which enable you to earn XZC coins while holding your XZC in a wallet and provided you run a masternode which, in Zcoin's case is called a "znode". You will need 1000 XZC as collateral so you can run your znode. While this is a lot of money $ wise at the time of writing this post - it will probably only get higher in time. People are running DASH masternodes and they got into those a while back when DASH was a lot cheaper. This might be your chance to get in "cheap". In the first year of running a znode you can expect around 20-30% gains. In later years that percentage will go down but the value of XZC will most probably go up, so you will still be earning a pretty nice sum of money while also holding your 1000 XZC which will also increase in value.

So, first thing you need to do is get 1000 XZC. You can do this on some major crypto exchanges such as Bittrex, Binance etc. (or check coinmarketcap for other exchange listings). Also note that you can pool with friends and each of one you can get a fraction of those 1000 XZC and you can run a znode using those 1000 XZC you collected as a group. In this case, you need people you can trust, and also people need to trust you, as you'll be the one holding their XZC coins to run the znode. The 1000 XZC will remain in your local wallet so they will be safe (or as safe as your computer is). You must encrypt your wallet with a long and safe password (combine small and capital letters, numbers, and special characters such as !?%# etc.).

Once you get the 1000 XZC, you need to get a VPS (Virtual Private Server) on which you will be running the znode - this is a remote server where you install Linux and your remote XZC wallet which will be used to run the znode itself. There are many VPS providers out there, but be sure to pick a trusted provider, which offers good server uptime (the percentage of time that the VPS is online) as this is very important so you can get regular XZC payments for running a znode. So don't pick the cheapest one, pick some that have good reviews while searching on Google. Remember, always do your own research, and also - Google is your friend Smiley
You can see the requirements and also steps to prepare your VPS for running a znode on Zcoin's official blog: http://zcoin.io/preparing-vps-znodes/

Once you prepare your VPS, you should follow the guide for setting up the znode (both on the VPS and your local wallet) which can be found here:
http://zcoin.io/zcoin-znode-setup-guide/

If you run into any issues while setting up a znode, you can go to Zcoin's Discord, their Telegram group, or even ask me for help - I'm not an expert, but I'll try to help you as best I can.

I am in no way affiliated with any of the mentioned exchanges, Zcoin (XZC) or any other things I may have mentioned in this article/post. Also, this is not investment advice and I will not be responsible for any losses you might have while doing anything mentioned here Smiley As I already warned - always do your own research, and in general - be careful while dealing with crypto because there are many scammers out there just waiting to get their hands on your coins Smiley

This article/post will possibly be updated with new info or something i may have forgotten to mention.

if you find any of this information useful, be kind and send some tips my way Smiley
XZC: aHFjt2WTxuiow2ryPArPPV2ixMjCN99abK
BTC: 1ctyc63rfJURRNHbLBTLYadh6uBWzwhVe
ETH: 0x8389A8969fa72d6701955de08C551F4cBe90a343
DOGE: DEGiU9iMz9LMUC1AWadJCDcsVhoK1fR3zZ
Otcrit Platform

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:57:00 AM

Do you have any estimate on the ROI per year for the znode?  Roll Eyes
meekutz (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:13:31 PM

Do you have any estimate on the ROI per year for the znode?  Roll Eyes

for the first year it is around 20-30%.
later it all depends on how many new nodes will be added ofc Smiley

this is a handy tool for monthly profit estimation (it loads current number of active nodes automatically):
https://zednode.com/znode-stats.html

also this image gives a fair idea:
http://zcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ZCOINMN_V3.png

happy new year Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: