Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Successfull test ot Lighning for Bitcoin  (Read 211 times)
kleinkrypto (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:22:29 PM

In a testnetwork surrounding, was an successfull test of lighning technologie for Bitcoin. Developer Alex Bosworth made an transaction to load his pre-paid phone, video on his Twitter Account:

https://twitter.com/alexbosworth/status/946175898029395968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.coindesk.com%2Fpayment-provider-bitrefill-runs-successful-lightning-transaction-test%2F
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:39:17 PM

Speed: Instant, Fee: Zero! Wow! If this is true then there is a chance that we can no longer need to wait and there are no needed fees in every transaction, this is truly awesome if it can apply throughout the system of bitcoin but is it worthy to take a step towards it, no miner fee means there will be no new block that can be created, I really think that mining for bitcoin now will need so much kilowatts of electricity, a ton of gigabyte for the internet, And a lot of patients to create a block I think a minimum of fee will be needed for their fair share, And if this can be applicable then why not.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:45:50 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 03:21:26 PM by junoreactor

That's all we are waiting for, for LN to be implemented, there are risks but I trust the community for this, they know what they are doing. If this is not some fake news, this would solve all the problems Bitcoin is facing right now and would encourage some merchants to accept and use Bitcoin.
 Fingers crossed.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1767

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:56:24 PM

I think this are good news for bitcoin. At the moment bitcoin have a real problem with the high fees. Hope this is a solution for this problem. Smiley
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:17:32 PM

I read a few weeks ago about a successful lightning network test for introduction into bitcoin. Today again I read about the successful conduct of such a test. But bitcoin continues to lose its popularity. This improvement of bitcoin, which eliminates its main drawbacks, needs to be introduced into bitcoin as quickly as possible, otherwise people will be disappointed in it completely.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:27:32 PM

Because of this successful test, it's high time to start to educate people about the Lightning Network. Only a little part of the bitcoiners have information about this Lightning Network. Expectations are high and everybody thinks that LN solves the high fee and slow confirmation problems, but the development is not finished yet and there's much to do for the successfull integration not only into the live blockchain but to the wallets and for the exchanges as well.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:14:37 PM

Because of this successful test, it's high time to start to educate people about the Lightning Network. Only a little part of the bitcoiners have information about this Lightning Network.
Indeed. This page is pretty informative on the subject. Or a more recent one here > Lightning Network explained
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:23:26 PM

please say, when this technology will released? when users can use?
tonysitaly

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:29:38 PM

It is necessary to do some more tests. This is really inspiring. What we need now is such service. If the result of the test is exact, it will soon enter the application, which will be a great event for the promotion of bitcoin.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:38:04 PM

In a testnetwork surrounding, was an successfull test of lighning technologie for Bitcoin. Developer Alex Bosworth made an transaction to load his pre-paid phone, video on his Twitter Account:

https://twitter.com/alexbosworth/status/946175898029395968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.coindesk.com%2Fpayment-provider-bitrefill-runs-successful-lightning-transaction-test%2F

OMG! If this technology can successfully come to bitcoin it shall send the prices through the roof. I'm not sure how they'll keep it zero fee, cause miners will need some motivation to continue after all they won't do it for free, I don't know how they'll do that, but what I know this if this is true it shall be a game changer, and I feel this shall truly unlock the potential of Bitcoin and shut up all the critic's that are speaking shit about this coin.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:42:14 PM

I think this are good news for bitcoin. At the moment bitcoin have a real problem with the high fees. Hope this is a solution for this problem. Smiley
This isn't the problem anymore i made 2 transactions in past 2 days and set a fees of 80 sat i thought it would take hours to confirm but i was able to get 1 confirmation in 5 minutes and second time it took 3 min i don't think the speed or fees is the issue for btc.
I don't much about technical stuff i just hope this isn't temporary.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:16:18 PM

This isn't the problem anymore i made 2 transactions in past 2 days and set a fees of 80 sat i thought it would take hours to confirm but i was able to get 1 confirmation in 5 minutes and second time it took 3 min i don't think the speed or fees is the issue for btc.
I don't much about technical stuff i just hope this isn't temporary.
If you have a look at the mempool's fee structure (https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-state-by-fee-level) you can see that the highest fee for most of the transactions is around 70 sat/B, which is really good thing now. A week before (or two weeks) this was around 400 sat/B and or over. Maybe the holiday season has this impact or the year end was really busy for bitcoin, but we will see in January if this trend will continue or the mempool will be full again with transactions sent with high fee.
Mister k

Activity: 322
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 02:20:02 PM

Are they giving a timeframe for its implementation?

Loonie Network   ■■■■■   Loonie Token, An ERC20 Token   ■■■■■   LNI         
Participate in the Crowsale now
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   ANN Thread
swaptaker

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:25:22 PM

How can this be possible? One person said zero fee, instant transactions. If this applies to bitcoin without a disadvantage and problem, the price would easily hit up to $100,000 next year.
Anti-Cen

Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:36:15 PM

BTC was being tested for seven years and somehow no one spotted that it would not
scale to mass adoption and they forgot to add one vital like of code

Public static money MaxFees=1.50 //20,000 full nodes not needed, Cull the numbers down = more cream to share.

Are we sure that we can trust them to write systems like BTC that might work on a university campus
and please experts in academia but won't cut the mustard in the real world.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g if you want to understand
what Lightning Network (LN) is all about

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:43:01 PM

How can this be possible? One person said zero fee, instant transactions. If this applies to bitcoin without a disadvantage and problem, the price would easily hit up to $100,000 next year.

I gave the miners a chance to blink first and reduce the fess and even waited for the development team to do something about these fees
but now it seem is a good time to head for the life boats by placing a stop-loss on any coins you still hold.

The slight downhill trend could well turn into a snowball and forget joe public arriving with his $200.00
to save the day because BTC fees is making public news and they won't come anywhere near it now thanks
to $45 plus transaction fees.

in fact now is a good time to warn the public before Crypto gets a real bad name, we must do our own
house cleaning 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:16:50 PM

please say, when this technology will released? when users can use?

the "technology" is already released, things are almost finished even from what i can tell. what they are working on is the finishing touches, the necessary tests to find and eliminate the bugs. we are talking about a 200+ billion dollar market, you can't just release things without enough testing.

There is a FOMO brewing...
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:03:32 PM

Of course that they are good news ! Everybody should be happy about this kind of notices that are always surprising.

Anyway, when is it going to be implemented on normal wallets or just on the real blockchain? i have seen more than 100's of tests and videos of how the Lightning network works, but there is zero information about when is it going to be in here.

Maybe i am very impacient about it

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:52:01 PM

We need a solution like Lightning Network as soon as possible, the bitcoin network is facing a very big problem
We have like 150k 200k unconfirmed transaction and fee is very high, yesterday i paid 0.003BTC to 3 outputs!
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:54:11 PM

This is really a good news for bitcoin users. I was actually fed up paying high transaction fees for transferring low amounts of coin. I am sure because of this definitely bitcoins price will surge further. So its better to store some coins in the wallet. Any idea about when it is going to be implemented in the bitcoin network?

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█