Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Unverified User - Be Careful ! 0.025 BTC Withdrawal Limit without Warnin  (Read 8884 times)
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:15:06 AM

I have a small amount there as well and indeed they have now made it 0 for unverified accounts. I have a legacy account and was fine with the lower limits in place before as I only traded small amounts there due to their larger selection of alt coins. I just tried to withdraw a small amount today and it failed. I was last able to do a successful withdrawal on November 1st.

So I go ahead and fill out the information for a basic account and their automated system fails. WTF, I been at same address for many years and I have done similar verification at other more reputable places many times successfully. Now they want me to do enhanced verification to get less than .5 BTC off their site?

Do you have a small amount there and you want to solve this small amount via lawyers? that doesn't make sense to me Smiley Moreover bittrex can change own T&C that is a problem but hard to argue with them

This I disagree with as while they can change the terms and conditions, they also need to provide a way to opt out of those terms. Every other place sends an advance notice to you that they are changing their terms and conditions and if you do not agree with them you have the option to close your account and any funds will sent to you. Bittrex is ignoring the law and trapping users funds forcing them to register before they will release them. This is a one way arrangement so how could you agree when you are being basically forced to accept it or forfeit your funds.

As far as solving for layers, yea I think a class action is in order. Hundreds of small amounts do add up considering BTC is now trading at $11k, even half a bitcoin ~$5,500 times hundred or thousands of users adds up quite quickly.

This is the same tactic that Cryptsy used before they folded. They let people trade unregistered for years then the withdrawal problems started. They hid behind the KYC laws and also required verification, but in reality they were just delaying payment as long as they could to make an exit scam. I predict a year from now Bittrex will not exist.
Like bitfinex or btc-e? I'm not sure if we should trust ANY exchanges, just tried to say that they can do what they want. Hard to imagine that a regulators will help us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Black_bl

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:18:22 AM

To all "Unverified" users on Bittrex (like me)

Caution is advised with Bittrex.

Bittrex dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC without prior notice.

The answer is so simple just get  verified  using your  government id to increase your withdrawal limit into 100 btc a day.
After that you wont have any problem  everytime your making a withdrawal on bittrex

Problem is I and lot's of other customers don't trust Bittrex anymore.
To much fuckery went on with that exchange. Changing terms and banning users. Really?

I only have a small amount of crypto there
it doesn't make sense to do a enhanced
verification (>100BTC) for that amount I hold.
Will have to get a lawyer to get my money back.

That does make sense, they just probably obtain a paper from "high" and now they have to play according their new rules
oleganpetro

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:43:04 AM

I had no problems with bitrex, output 0.6 bits, everything was normal.
Black_bl

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:05:53 PM

I had no problems with bitrex, output 0.6 bits, everything was normal.

You have probably verified account thus you can withdrawn without problems, but people complain that they can't withdrawn if they have a basic account, without verification
magnat_8

Activity: 672
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:17:16 PM

already a month I can not pass the check. tech support is silent. the most awful Bittrex support
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 02:18:21 AM

Bittrex dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC without prior notice.

actually, this is very disturbing
I also wonder, why Bittrex is so boring,
is this all done for the security of the trader or for the convenience of the team?
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

already a month I can not pass the check. tech support is silent. the most awful Bittrex support
Probably because they are over flooded with account verifications and they don't have enough team members to deal with all of them.

actually, this is very disturbing
I also wonder, why Bittrex is so boring,
is this all done for the security of the trader or for the convenience of the team?
This thread is very old(in crypto terms) and you can't withdraw anything without verification. You can't create new account any more.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange