Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does a college degree still matter in the Digital age?
Yes - 24 (60%)
No - 8 (20%)
Depends - 8 (20%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a college degree still matter in the digital age?  (Read 662 times)
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:00:16 AM

Yes I do feel like the college degree gives you more opportunities and provides a solid foundation for your life long pursuit of knowledge.  Continued thirst for knowledge is a key to success in life.  You should never stop learning. 
anggoro manise

Activity: 469
Merit: 102

FIRST NFT FORUM TOTALIZER

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:35:26 AM

The school is the way we learn and how about socialize and so on.Because the science is no limits. The title it is a sweetener, but the we should find as high as possible.Because it could not owned other people.

P A R A D I G M A  TOTAL ITEMS 777!  NFT METAVERSE   
◼◼◼◼    PARADIGMA is an NFT marketplace + SCI-FI + an innovative P2E gaming platform    ◼◼◼◼
███████ TWITTER    MEDIUM M I N T   N O W TELEGRAM    WHITEPAPER ███████
Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:36:59 AM

If they want someone with a bachelor for a cashier job, they are damn stupid. They want someone very overqualified? The manager obviously doesn't know anything about hiring. You don't use a bachelor for a cashier job, even worse, they specify ANY bachelor. What in the living hell? It's like the manager doesn't know how the world works.

College degrees are and will always be important, in the digital age you can learn a lot from the internet, but attending at college and showing the HR your degree for a real company (not talking about cashier jobs here) will get you a much better chance of being hired with a much larger wage than someone without a degree.

who cares
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:39:29 AM

It depends on what you want to achieve in your life of course, but if you want to start in a company, it's always an asset. Especially in the well known companies. In my country, if you don't have any degree, it's very difficult to find a good job, the recruiters don't care about your skills or your experience, they only want to see your degree.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
ronandol198

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:55:21 AM

I think college degree isn't still matter in the digital age . Because i believe in my ability ,i can earn my own money without having to work for others .
A college degree does not matter to me

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
charmaine08

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:14:38 PM

For me college doesn't matter in this digital age now .Many finish their college degree but they don't have a job , and some has a job but it don't fit in their college course . And many of us also don't have a college degree but they have a job ,and they are a successful business man.I think having a college degree is just a plus point now .
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:30:48 PM

i think getting a college degree is good as long as you have the discipline to purse the goals you've set in line with the degree you finished.

let's say you finished a degree in music/conservatory because you love music so much. or you finished a medical degree because you want to help make suffering or disease less severe or better, help find cures for conditions that don't have any.

in the digital age, we'd still need doctors unless some programming like that in the movie travelers become a reality then we can do away with doctors and getting a degree in medicine won't matter anymore.

there are college courses that matter. and there are people who really want to go take that particular course/degree direction and practice it when they finish. there are others, however that don't. but that does not mean that they won't be successful in the future. they can be successful in other areas/fields. i believe that it's not all school stuff that makes one successful. you can be very good with academic stuff but their attitude ain't that great. they could still fail. to cut this short, for me it's aptitude + attitude + effort = success in the digital age  Wink
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:33:19 PM

After graduating from school, young people enter the baccalaureate. This is the beginning of higher education. After studying for 2 years, each of them can receive a diploma of incomplete higher education. That is, a diploma is issued that you have mastered half of the first stage of higher professional education, the scope and content of which is indicated in the annex to this diploma.
But on this almost no one stops.
rainmaximo

Activity: 175

E-Commerce For Blockchain Era

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:20:40 PM

A College degree still matter in this digital age... A BIG YES for me! Why? simply because one can widen his horizon and be a better version of himself. In this digital age one can easily access to everything if he is knowledgeable.. and you'll be one if you attain a college degree. You'll be more confident to face different challenges ,learn easily, accept drastic change, and upgrade oneself if you are a graduate. Armed with a degree can do more to improve one skills, self and life as well. In this ever changing world and computer age nowadays one should be a degree holder in order not to be easily fooled by those wicked and greedy people. Lastly, a graduate degree can create change because you can share brilliant ideas and be a blessing to everyone!!!

▬▬▬[Storweey ]▬▬▬
  █████  E-Commerce For Blockchain Era ███████
▬▬▬● Telegram   ★★   whitepaper  ★FacebookTwitter  ●▬▬▬
jeffryluna (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:59:34 PM

Being "educated" does not always entale that you have a degree. Some posts here are not directly answering the question, some just directly says that to college is the only way to be actually educated.
Getting a job is different from making a living. Anyway strong points about needing it still in our generation, and no one is discounting it. I personally now wants to wrap up my degree just for the sake of it to be honest. Because, what's there to lose if I do? none. it's something to gain.

The digital age does not mean that college is becoming useless, I think the better way of seeing it is, people need to move on in the current way of actually getting a degree. you don't need silly subjects that does not makes sense to what you want to achieve.
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:16:16 PM

A college degree still matters depend on what path you will take in life. If your goal is to become rich, you technically don't need to finish college for that. But is your aim is more into science or engineering or proving to the world that you can solve global warming, you better finish your degree and even pursue a more higher education. Jobs like doctors, geneticists, astronauts, physicist etc, well, you get the point. Plus I wouldn't trust a person to design and lead a group of construction workers to build my building without a professional license. Would you?

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:21:11 PM

Status symbols will always matter. It's what can separate you from a competitor, since a 3rd party cannot really tell whose more qualified just by looks.
pogiparin

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:40:09 AM

Yes it is still important. With a college degree, it is assumed that you have a lot of information in your head and you can use this information effectively. Some skills can be obtained without a degree but I think it is still an advantage if you have a college degree.

|█     |     DPH     |     D I G I P H A R M     |     █|
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
╚════════   WWW.DIGIPHARM.CH   ════════╝
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:10:31 AM

Yes, it is very important especially if you wanted to achieve something in life and you want to be a professional on what do you want to be. Having a College degree I guess is one of your assets and that you can be proud of. I am not a College degree holder so that I am regretting the days that I waste my time in College before.
bulls3y3

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:16:22 AM

No. It doesnt matter anymore. More important now is your knowledge, skills and talent towards in the digital age. But having a college degree is something to be proud of to your family and love ones.
Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:05:23 AM

I think college degree still matters. Yes it is digital age but it doesn't mean technology can make all the job. We have to go to college, have a degree and get a job
Yes, college degree still really matters in the digital age. Education is the way of having a degree and this is the only treasure from our parents that they can give us which cannot be stolen by anybody else. For better job, salary, opportunity and higher position in the future.
ChrishAi28

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:11:43 AM

Yes, college degree still matter in the digital age. This still important when you are seeking a job. Having a college degree are on the top priority to be accepted in the job.

dokaL

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:57:21 AM

Yes, most especially when you want to land in a stable job.
Most of the companies nowadays, still wants their employee to be at least a college graduate.
JRDuran

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:16:27 AM

Base on your post education still matter and the more the world is changing into a grand modernization the more education is needed.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

skills that are far more valuable in his observations, "When you see people who do not go to school and succeed, it is a wonderful human being. And we have to do all we can to find those people. "

time is changing and along with it, the perceived value of one's skills and attributes as an employee. Do not worry if your qualifications are lower than your colleague's academic qualifications. Your work experience and attitude are more appreciated by the company

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: