Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:26:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does a college degree still matter in the Digital age?
Yes - 24 (60%)
No - 8 (20%)
Depends - 8 (20%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a college degree still matter in the digital age?  (Read 675 times)
jeffryluna (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:13:24 AM

I think if you're not really looking for a high profile job, college degree will not matter. There's a lot of junkies out there that are really skilled with computer, but wasn't even able to finish high school or even college. There are also who has a degree and not even skilled at work. For me, skill is very important than a degree.

I do know someone who did not even pursue highschool, and is a python, java, jsnode programmer of 5 years and earns 30 usd an hour. Inside a coffee shop on a laptop— but this is not for everybody for sure.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:01:04 AM

4 year degree is a waste of time and money. Trade schools have more value as you learn your craft instead of the useless curriculum they teach in college you will never use out in the field.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jeffryluna (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:02:58 PM

4 year degree is a waste of time and money. Trade schools have more value as you learn your craft instead of the useless curriculum they teach in college you will never use out in the field.

This is exactly what my fear is in going back to the regular schooling. it wouldn't makes sense for me to like take a course for something that I already know about, just because I need that piece of paper.
bodikuk

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

For doctors and lawyers college degree is very important.
smith136

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:49:43 PM

well if you have dream in life of being a professional with a license of course college degree does matter, actually the importance of education is to have a back up knowledge to face real world and having a college degree is an edge over people who don't have proper education while all they have is an experience.

sommii

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:54:30 PM

It depends on country. However empoylers care more and more about job experience than just your degree.
lantan81383628

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:38:12 AM

Without a college degree (or higher), you can't get decent pay in any area.

The reality is that if you don't have a degree, finding a job is a challenge.
PIR

Activity: 322

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:33:54 AM

Learning never stop regardless of age and time it is still important, it is for our own advantage and benefit, education helps us a lot in many ways, it's the only things that our parents wants to all us to finish our study and gain a degree, specially now that this world is full of competition, they're looking for a qualified, knowledgeable, smart, a competitive kind of employee and being skillful in digital area is one great thing and biggest edge one could ever have.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
lidd0512

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:28:55 AM

in this digital age ,you can learn anywhere instead of studying in school where you have to waste much time in the classroom. lol
cryptotricks

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:31:54 AM

It doesn't matter much as long as you know what you do in life and have a clear road map of your life. Its a social stigma to have a degree and get settled in life, but the life is much more than a degree.

Having said all this, college life is fun atleast for that you need to have a degree Wink
sabina2011

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:59:40 AM

Education is always a self fulfillment, it may not matter to you but it matters to other people, at the end of the day it really depends on what you dreamed of yourself. Successful don't always have the degree but for most people it is measure of self attainment.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:22:45 AM

I have two degrees and would say it's the college experience that has been valuable over the years.   ...The relationships and social dynamics learned during that time.

sent from my X6
Gintron

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:02:56 AM

I think in the software hardware industries you definitely don't need a college degree. You can do better if you are self-educated.
We just have to remember that  we live in a world that is still old fashioned and the only recognized educated persons are those
who have collage degrees. I have a software company and to me it does not matter if you have a collage degree if you can do
what I ask you to.

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
Onion lover 888

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:26:13 PM

I tried to vote in poll but looks locked or ended.  I have a degree, but work with many people with no qualifications. So yes you dont have to have a degree to be successful.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:01:39 PM

I think college degree still matters. Yes it is digital age but it doesn't mean technology can make all the job. We have to go to college, have a degree and get a job

Yes, I certainly agree with you. Having a degree is always an advantage for us if we have better dreams for the future. Yes, digital business is on mainstream but it's better if we'll have an assurance for our future. Better get a degree so that you'll get a better job someday. Education is our pathway to success. Be sure to be on the right track.
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:54:42 PM

If you have the skills for a job then a degree is not important.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:38:11 PM

Degree is matter only when you are working in scientific spehere in other cases you need only skills to work and if you are good nobody interested what university did you finish..

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:14:36 PM

in this digital age ,you can learn anywhere instead of studying in school where you have to waste much time in the classroom. lol
In spite of that most jobs wants their workers to at least have a Bachelor Degree before they can work there with the exception of a few jobs in the IT sector which although don't require a college degree require a professional certificate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Soyo

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:16:02 PM

Without a degree or without a finished degree you may find yourself being blocked from promotions in favor of other candidates regardless of your performance.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:27:19 PM

For doctors and lawyers college degree is very important.
in the digital age these jobs will be heavily supported by machine learning / AI.
therefore we will need more coders and less lawyers/doctors.

regarding the question: it depends. a computer science degree will matter. but it will be more important that someone can code instead of having a useless degree.
maybe online school certificates will matter a lot....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: