Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Development of a Fantasy Cricket that accepts bitcoin  (Read 2248 times)
Dumbo (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:39:41 PM

I am seeking like minded Php/Jquery developers to create a Fantasy cricket game with me. I would prefer using framework like Codeigniter. I would like to develop something visually appealing like this - https://fantasycricket.dream11.com/  and use Inputs.io or Coinbase API unless you have better suggestions.

About 4 years ago I tried building a Fantasy cricket game and I ran into a few problems, biggest of which was getting live data. I did solve that issue by scraping data from crickinfo.com. Needless to say, I do not think using that data for commercial purposes is a good idea.  If we do this, a better solution needs to be found.

Also, while looking at legality issues - I found this from Dream11.

"The Dream11.com Cricket Fantasy Game (Dream11 Game) is a game of skill.
Games of skill are excluded from the definition and purview of “gambling” under applicable Indian laws.
The Dream11 game, therefore, does not constitute “gambling activity” under applicable Indian laws.
There are two versions of the Dream11 Game – the ‘free to play’ version and the ‘pay to play’ version.
The ‘free to play’ version is open to all Indian citizens who are currently residing in India.
The ‘pay to play’ version is open to all Indian citizens who are residents of India, with the exception of residents of the states of Orissa and Assam."

This needs to be investigated as well.  At any rate this would be a good place to start a conversation and see if people are indeed interested. I have tried doing this myself before, and was not very successful at it ( Although I did manage to make a functional site with clusterfuck code). I would like start by mid September or earlier and launch a beta version within a month after this if I manage to get right people on board.

Last but not the least, ownership needs to be discussed.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:44:12 PM

PM me and we can talk.

I am almost done wit a rebuild of a game that we released for testing last week.

Can show you some of the math and features involved with the game as well.

Can also show you another game built some time back.

Dumbo (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:23:14 AM

I sent you a PM.

So no developer is interested? What about playing? Would anyone play a game like this if this exists.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:34:35 AM

I sent you a PM.

So no developer is interested? What about playing? Would anyone play a game like this if this exists.

will reply in a bit. have not been able to do any homework as yet on it.

laserwolf

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:56:05 PM

About 4 years ago I tried building a Fantasy cricket game and I ran into a few problems, biggest of which was getting live data. I did solve that issue by scraping data from crickinfo.com. Needless to say, I do not think using that data for commercial purposes is a good idea.
lulz, you're worrying about scraping web data? that's like the least of your legal issues. really, you can ignore that.
Dumbo (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:57:42 AM

I am paranoid when it comes to legal issues. Fantasy cricket is not gambling, so I am safe regarding that. But the real issues for me is that I am an international student in US and I am not allowed to work. I am pretty sure this will count as work  Tongue
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 12:36:09 PM

I am paranoid when it comes to legal issues. Fantasy cricket is not gambling, so I am safe regarding that. But the real issues for me is that I am an international student in US and I am not allowed to work. I am pretty sure this will count as work  Tongue

Run it on Servers based out of Iceland. Hosting can be done anonymously as well thanks to Bitcoin.

Dumbo (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:25:25 PM

got links about servers from Iceland and anonymous hosting?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 01:26:31 PM

got links about servers from Iceland and anonymous hosting?

http://www.orangewebsite.com/

Dumbo (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:35:03 PM

Thanks
Ravi399

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 08:04:51 PM

I really liked the effort of people over here. There is lot to talk about Developemnt of a fantasy cricket that accepts bitcoin. I am providing Gmail login http://techy-buzz.org/www-gmail-com-login-sign-account/ article here which will help you to login to gmail easily I mean very easily. Loved to read Re: Development of a Fantasy Cricket that accepts bitcoin Grin Grin
install router

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:31:50 AM

i am so cool ... set up a router http://oceanoflyrics.com/setting-up-a-router/
Tokek_Belang

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:49:07 AM

I really liked the effort of people over here. There is lot to talk about Developemnt of a fantasy cricket that accepts bitcoin. I am providing Gmail login http://techy-buzz.org/www-gmail-com-login-sign-account/ article here which will help you to login to gmail easily I mean very easily. Loved to read Re: Development of a Fantasy Cricket that accepts bitcoin
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:19:10 PM

This sounds like an exciting idea. Good luck!
sbibalancecheck

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:48:40 PM

sbi balance enquiry online and sbi balance enquiry no is given in this article so get in here to check your sbi account balance easily.
mspanwar8924

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:09:41 AM

Visit the online SBI login website page of SBI and sign in to your bank account.
coinfunda

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:00:38 PM

your idea seems nice. Sending you PM. Please let me in you need anything related.

## NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS || NEVER CLICK ON EMAIL LINKS|| NOT YOUR KEY, NOT YOUR CRYPTO ##
sbibalancecheck

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:00:19 AM

yaa seems to be a nice idea. . NetSpend login help over here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: