Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrongly sent ETH to BTC Address  (Read 168 times)
letsrock31 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

Guys,

By mistake i sent my ETH from an exchange to my BTC Address at Blockchain. The exchange shows that the transaction is "Approved" whereas i have not received anything in my BTC Address at the Blockchain. I know it's my mistake that i wrongly copied the address but what are the expectations from this transaction ahead?

Is it possible to recover my ETH? Please revert, need help!

Thanks.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:25:58 PM

The transaction shouldn’t go through when the exchange send ETH to your BTC address.

Did you try contacting the support of the exchange? The support should be able to look into this issue for you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:28:25 PM

Can you post the Your Eth main address link here so we can verify what happens . This is impossible to send eth to btc directly ,

The exchange will receive eth back after a time when the the transfer will show some error , It happens some time ,
Best sol. Try connecting your exchange from where you try to withdraw the funds by the different media Twitter m, Email and many other sources

Are you spammer ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1927922.msg27214848#msg27214848
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2666744.msg27217758#msg27217758

you are asking same question multiple times with different titles
letsrock31 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

The transaction shouldn?t go through when the exchange send ETH to your BTC address.

Did you try contacting the support of the exchange? The support should be able to look into this issue for you.

Currently in my Exhcange panel, it shows that the transaction is approved. I tried writing to Exchange - reply awaited.

But what could be the time lag when the Exchange can find out that the transaction would not be possible? In the backend (for exchange), will it bounce back?

@newinbtc: I have checked for my ETH wallet and BTC wallet public keys on the domains like etherscan.io and Blockchain - but no transaction history appears.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:40:30 PM

The transaction shouldn?t go through when the exchange send ETH to your BTC address.

Currently in my Exhcange panel, it shows that the transaction is approved. I tried writing to Exchange - reply awaited.

But what could be the time lag when the Exchange can find out that the transaction would not be possible? In the backend (for exchange), will it bounce back?

@newinbtc: I have checked for my ETH wallet and BTC wallet public keys on the domains like etherscan.io and Blockchain - but no transaction history appears.

Start collecting proof documents .like Screenshot of Approved message Compulsory, Your Last ETh balance details , Trade history , They will ask you soon. You need to send all details in email With proof for faster response customer team of exchange  It me take some time but you will get your money back ,
can i get name of that exchange is this popular exchange ?
letsrock31 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:44:10 PM

Start collecting proof documents .like Screenshot of Approved message Compulsory, Your Last ETh balance details , Trade history , They will ask you soon. You need to send all details in email With proof for faster response customer team of exchange  It me take some time but you will get your money back ,
can i get name of that exchange is this popular exchange ?

Thanks for some hope shown there :-)

It's an Indian exchange www.pocketbits.in
letsrock31 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:02:50 PM

Guys,

By mistake i sent my ETH from an exchange to my BTC Address at Blockchain. The exchange shows that the transaction is "Approved" whereas i have not received anything in my BTC Address at the Blockchain. I know it's my mistake that i wrongly copied the address but what are the expectations from this transaction ahead?

Thanks.

Wohoooo got my ETH back. Thanks guys for the advice. Exchange gave it back to me in 30 seconds of conversation.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:32:46 PM

The wallet should had stopped this because it is the wrong address type so
i am not sure how this can ever happen

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
romec1701

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:59:30 PM

Yeah sounds like that exchange has very poor checks in place if it will allow an ETH withdrawal to show as approved to a BTC address. The formats of the addresses are totally different, like putting a zip code in a country field, a basic check should have given you an error and aked you to check again.

But here is a lesson to you an others. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU HOLD MORE THAN ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY.

This time you were lucky, you tried to send a currency to the wallet of an incompatible currency. If for example you had sent BCH to a BTC address or another similarly compatible currency working off the same algorithm you WOULD have LOST your coins.

Take care. Check and check again. Cryptocurrency can be very unforgiving. But glad you got it back. Happy new year.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:34:46 PM

Guys,

Thanks.
I am even surprised that the transaction went through in the first place I am sure that the exchange converted the money but if the transaction has been approved then you should have received some bitcoins if you didn't get it think you should contact the support staff.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
letsrock31 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:32:12 PM

Yeah sounds like that exchange has very poor checks in place if it will allow an ETH withdrawal to show as approved to a BTC address. The formats of the addresses are totally different, like putting a zip code in a country field, a basic check should have given you an error and aked you to check again.

But here is a lesson to you an others. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU HOLD MORE THAN ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY.

This time you were lucky, you tried to send a currency to the wallet of an incompatible currency. If for example you had sent BCH to a BTC address or another similarly compatible currency working off the same algorithm you WOULD have LOST your coins.

Take care. Check and check again. Cryptocurrency can be very unforgiving. But glad you got it back. Happy new year.

Yeah, that was a lesson in my face !!!

Was doing an online transaction involving cryptocurrency for the first time. Though i did notice the address thing earlier while pseudo-practising this stuff Tongue .....but when the actual time came, in a hurry, i simply placed the wrong address.

Thankfully the New Year didnt start on  bad note Smiley Happy new year to you all !!
letsrock31 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:42:14 PM

Guys,

Thanks.
I am even surprised that the transaction went through in the first place I am sure that the exchange converted the money but if the transaction has been approved then you should have received some bitcoins if you didn't get it think you should contact the support staff.

I reached out to the support team and they informed that the transaction had failed at their end. While, they did mark it "Approved" in my panel but when they executed it ahead, it failed. Thus allowin for a return in my wallter - only when i raised a case on all social media platforms Cheesy !!!
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:02:35 PM

Once I did the same mistake and luckily bittrex noticed it and never send the payment out. It was for 10 Ethereums. I think I was very lucky.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: