Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahashpool stealing?  (Read 690 times)
robl450 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:10:57 PM

Question,  relatively new to mining here, been trying this for 3-4 weeks and trying to get some concrete numbers before I decide if I should spend more money and build a rig.

I've been mining on Ahash pool and hashrefinery.  I have a gtx 950 and gtx 1060.  The 1060 hashrates are double or more than double of the GTX950.  Yesterday I had the GTX950 on hashrefinery and the GTX1060 on Ahashpool.  The GTX950 did like 2-2.20 on hashrefinery for the day.  The GTX1060 did like 2.80 to 3.00 when it should have been double what the GTX950 did.  Ahashpool also supposedly has no fee right now which makes it worse.

Anyone else experienced this?  i've now swapped the cards between the respective pools to watch again.
wtfonly16

Activity: 285
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:12:54 PM

why bring this up when you havent even completed ur testing... Roll Eyes

ye i aint bares
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:17:29 PM

why bring this up when you havent even completed ur testing... Roll Eyes
I think the day yesterday says it all and wondering if anyone else has seen this.  Also I'm running the GTX1060 on hashrefinery now  and its looking to do 4 dollars for the day instead of 2.80 while the gtx950 on ahash is looking to do about a dollar.
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:33:57 PM

watched again yesterday.  Mined phi for 6 plus hours and they paid me 9 cents when it should have been 60 cents plus.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:40:48 PM

watched again yesterday.  Mined phi for 6 plus hours and they paid me 9 cents when it should have been 60 cents plus.
why it "should have been 60 cents plus."?
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:42:09 PM

why it "should have been 60 cents plus."?

I'm using a GTX1060.  It averages around 12 cents an hour or so.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:54:41 PM

it doesn't mean that you should receive 12+ cents every hour.
your earnings depend on pool's luck Smiley
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:14:00 PM

yea okay, you mine there and depend on luck.  This is second time I've seen this and my other system with gtx950 is mining on phi there now so I'm sure same result happens, we will see.  I'm mining there till I hit minimum payout.  6 hours is not 9 cents luck or no luck.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

yea okay, you mine there and depend on luck.  This is second time I've seen this and my other system with gtx950 is mining on phi there now so I'm sure same result happens, we will see.  I'm mining there till I hit minimum payout.  6 hours is not 9 cents luck or no luck.

You gotta contribute to get paid and be mining what everyone else is mining to find blocks.  If you are just hashing 20mh/s by yourself you'll never get paid.
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:32:29 PM

yea okay, you mine there and depend on luck.  This is second time I've seen this and my other system with gtx950 is mining on phi there now so I'm sure same result happens, we will see.  I'm mining there till I hit minimum payout.  6 hours is not 9 cents luck or no luck.

You gotta contribute to get paid and you don't really have much hash power.

I mined x17 and got paid hour after hour
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:33:21 PM

Yeah that is a good algo to stick too as a lot of people are mining and finding blocks.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:34:41 PM

DOM

If you do not know what it is, you should learn and it will explain why the pools payout less than what you think you should get.
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:35:06 PM

There are plenty of people mining phi too.  At hashrefinery it may take a while to find a block but they actually pay me when they do.  With Ahash it just apparently vanishes.

Yeah that is a good algo to stick too as a lot of people are mining and finding blocks.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:35:45 PM

I'm a miner at Ahash. Hashrates/earnings may vary based on a number of things...

All I can say is that in the end Ahash is earning more than HR. You do whatever you want. Wink

(P.S. I love Ahash).
BitBustah

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:37:19 PM

yea okay, you mine there and depend on luck.  This is second time I've seen this and my other system with gtx950 is mining on phi there now so I'm sure same result happens, we will see.  I'm mining there till I hit minimum payout.  6 hours is not 9 cents luck or no luck.

Nobody is forcing you to mine some where against your will. Ahash and HR are both really good pools with good support.

Instead of accusing people, do your tests.

Edited to add: You only mine one coin at the pools. You should try Nemos.
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:38:44 PM

Nobody is forcing you to mine some where against your will. Ahash and HR are both really good pools with good support.

Instead of accusing people, do your tests.

Edited to add: You only mine one coin at the pools. You should try Nemos.

I am doing tests,  mining ahash with my gtx950 now and they actually paid me for the PHI.  Yesterday 6 plus hours mining and they finally paid hours later much less than they should have.
ShuttIe

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:40:47 PM

I doubt that tho
BitBustah

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

paid hours later much less than they should have.

Based on what? The pool exchanges the earnings on an exchange. Volatile coins will go up/down in value.

You're a newbie, so you're excused... But yeah that's what happens. You mine, and in the end you get the value of what the mined coins are being sold for.
If that is something that you don't like, you should move to a pool that only mines the coin that you want. You mine coin X on algo Y, get paid in coin X.

Do you understand a bit?
robl450 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:44:52 PM

Based on what? The pool exchanges the earnings on an exchange. Volatile coins will go up/down in value.

You're a newbie, so you're excused... But yeah that's what happens. You mine, and in the end you get the value of what the mined coins are being sold for.
If that is something that you don't like, you should move to a pool that only mines the coin that you want. You mine coin X on algo Y, get paid in coin X.

Do you understand a bit?

so for example, the summary shows I mined say .2725% of that coin,  obviously that will move down as I stop mining that algorithm.  Lets say its .1555% or something by the time they find a block.  I'd expect to get paid .1555% and I was paid way way less than that.
BitBustah

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:48:12 PM

Do you understand a bit?

so for example, the summary shows I mined say .2725% of that coin,  obviously that will move down as I stop mining that algorithm.  Lets say its .1555% or something by the time they find a block.  I'd expect to get paid .1555% and I was paid way way less than that.

Mmm not sure... I never pay attention to those %. Enter your hashrate/algo here:
http://pools.you-stupid-woman.com/

These results are supposed to be the results when you mine 24 hours straight. In the end almost all pools pay less than these values. These are just indicators.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: