Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:46:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price fluctuation  (Read 828 times)
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:29:29 PM

I think this fluctuation will never stop, even the mining finishes. Because the investors always changing. People who gets a little profit, only thinking to sell their coins. So it will never end.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:33:42 PM

Will bitcoin price ever cease to fluctuate so hard? I mean currently it seems as if it's fluctuating just because of the trends among people who believe that investing into bitcoin, given some time, is 100% profit. But what if the so called bubble would burst, shouldn't the price get more stable?

I believe the fluctuations of bitcoin can not be eradicated completely but may be significantly reduced. I believe if there are more people involved with bitcoin, the volatility in the price of bitcoin will be greatly reduced and we will have a nearly stable price with the difference in the price very little.

Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:56:32 PM

The problem with bitcoin is that alot doesn't see it as a revolutionary technology but see it as a way of investing money and generating profit.
That's way the price fluctuate so much.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:57:03 PM

I do not think bitcoin will be stable because bitcoin attracts investors because the bitcoin price fluctuates so investors make more profit. So I do not think price of bitcoin can be stable.
Baton55

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:10:37 AM

I want to say that there isn’t any actual set price for a bitcoin. The price of bitcoin is a balance between what price someone is willing to trade with to part from the bitcoin and what someone is ready to pay to acquire it. More people, more exchanges, more traders and more business implies more variables which is aggregated to decide upon a price at which people can trade.
The price of bitcoin is fluctuating because we, as owners of bitcoin are actively taking part in its economy.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:54:12 PM

Will bitcoin price ever cease to fluctuate so hard? I mean currently it seems as if it's fluctuating just because of the trends among people who believe that investing into bitcoin, given some time, is 100% profit. But what if the so called bubble would burst, shouldn't the price get more stable?
The fluctuation of bitcoin will always continued it is because nowadays many people was also continued investing in bitcoin and they giving trust with it behind the very promising bitcoin price. It means more people invested more demand and it comes less supply that makes bitcoin so expensive or having a fluctuation by itself so you can't conclude that it has a stable price. Don't put negative mindset in bitcoin as what you said a bubble would burst but it never happen.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:02:39 PM

You are right. Bitcoin has fluctuation price. Sometimes the price of bitcoin is so high and the other time the price will decrease. I think it is normal condition. When many people invest their money to bitcoin the price always high. So, we must invite many people to invest in bitcoin Smiley
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:11:52 PM

Now that the price has come down, it will slowly become a bit more stable before it increases again. The problem of less market cap leads to it's high rate of fluctuations but once the demand and support by people increase it will lead to it becoming more stable.
Lesages

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

it will be long time bubble bitcoin cash many times and till now it is so expensive. from first day bankers say it is bubble.
 the main reason is very big price of bitcoin.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:07:07 PM

There are many speculations about the Bitcoin for this year. Some have beliefs that Bitcoin will reach the new top market cap and others are believing that Bitcoin will fall. Noone is certain about the future events that will happen in the crypto world. Fluctuation is constant and people who are afraid are selling and trading the Bitcoin when just a little fall is happening. This holidays caused a lot of fluctuation cause of the transactions between BTC- FIAT. I personally think that people will get back to BTC in no time and this year will bring even more long investment profit for the Bitcoin holders and believers.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:19:34 PM

Bitcoin fluctuate every single time, because its price is ever changing. And also about that bubble burst. I think it is just a strategy of the whales so that many people will get afraid and sell their holdings? meanwhile when the time come bitcoin will be pump hard again and will reach to new heights. Keep calm and trust bitcoin young lad.
plasmafrog75

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:32:53 PM

I think Bitcoin is fluctuating from day to day, but without the thought of it dropping or increasing the number, we should be surprised if Bitcoin prices are going to increase in the future, there will be a lot of investors. New investment in the future, but actually now it just stopped at a number for a long time
Samueltalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:44:18 PM

As currencies that have exchange rates against other currencies, Bitcoin price movements also show fluctuations.
tomasw66 (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:45:03 PM

Probably not. Bitcoin at it's core has a value determined by the investors and the users. With that, we know that there is no physical backing behind it. Because of that, it's hard to effectively price the coin. Bitcoin, I'd say is not really a bubble right now. For a bubble, I'd say that the price needs to be inflated. Right now, Bitcoin has been going down and I think a bubble has already burst. I doubt that we'll see a calmer Bitcoin in the near future

If any theory says that next year bitcoin will be calmer than before, I so want to see it. Because I understand, starting with the present, even bitcoin fluctuations will become more extreme than ever. There is about 20% bitcoin left to mine. And in 2 years, the coin reward will decrease from 12.5 to 6.25 coins. It all means it will be harder to get bitcoin and this is what triggers the price will continue to rise.

Could it be that if it gets harder to get, people will be less willing to go through all that hassle of acquiring it, thus causing the decline of bitcoin's value?
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

Now the market cap in comparison to the stock market and other assets is very low and it can be affected even from one whale. So the fluctuation will get rid whether the market cap rises more.
Maybe we can say that bitcoin price is now manipulated with the group of people(whales). Since they have capabilities to change the trend in the market because they have enough capital and they are just playing their money inside the market.
tomasw66 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:46:13 PM

yes something where fishy from the start. its weird i dont think bitcoin deserve this value. its been too high from the start and dont know why people keep pushing the value. its like a ponzi scheme and it will pop out. just try searh abouy tulip fever , its quite popular story about bubble investment.

So you actually think it's a bubble? What about the ups and downs that we've already seen. Some here say if it was a bubble we wouldn't have seen the recoveries but yet... This whole bubble thing is so confusing.
tomasw66 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:06:23 PM

The problem with bitcoin is that alot doesn't see it as a revolutionary technology but see it as a way of investing money and generating profit.
That's way the price fluctuate so much.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. Seems as if everyone forget its purpose and don't you think that this might have a negative impact for the price in the future, when this whole "gambling game" will simply get old or fail to attract new players?
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:50:36 AM

I think this fluctuation will never stop, even the mining finishes. Because the investors always changing. People who gets a little profit, only thinking to sell their coins. So it will never end.
I think the fluctuation might reduce when all Bitcoins have been mined, but for now, it will be too much… when it rises, it goes way too high, and when it’s time to fall, it takes a heavy fall. We just have to learn to deal with it, cause it’s normal, the only thing is that Bitcoin’s too much.
achsan fauzy

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:41:50 PM

in my opinion, price fluctuations bitcoin is very sharp will give a huge advantage for traders bitcoin.
golek upo

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:18:46 PM

I am very sure, someday bitcoin will have a price that does not fluctuate (the stability in the price). I'm sure it will happen in the near future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: