Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [bubble] Cryptocurrencies Are In A Bubble  (Read 272 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:05:14 PM

Cryptocurrencies are definitely a bubble because it is hard to discern the value of such when the security, regulation, use cases, economics, popularity, winners, etc... all are in limbo.

Continued here: https://www.decentralized.tech/blogs/bubble-cryptocurrencies-are-in-a-bubble

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:18:59 PM

http://www.nasdaq.com/investing/glossary/e/economic-bubble

A market phenomenon characterized by surges in asset prices to levels significantly above the fundamental value of that asset. Bubbles are often hard to detect in real time because there is disagreement over the fundamental value of the asset.

How do we know the fundamental value of something that has never existed before and a large majority of the world has no exposure to?

I'm not saying we are/arent in a bubble, but it is a dilemma that I dont think we will be able to fully realize until we are several years into the future and can look back with hindsight. Is this the beginning of the end? Or the end of the beginning?

holden.commodore

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:21:20 PM

sorry, but it is always the same bla bla bla
most of the bubble defenders are bureaucrats, newbies, politicians who do not understand crypto and want to undermine it.
we haven't reached 1 trillion dollars mktcap yet, maybe then we will have a "bubble".
marketcoin2

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:32:38 PM

sorry, but it is always the same bla bla bla
most of the bubble defenders are bureaucrats, newbies, politicians who do not understand crypto and want to undermine it.
we haven't reached 1 trillion dollars mktcap yet, maybe then we will have a "bubble".

It is a bubble! If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"!
Look around! every crappiest ideas raise million in ICOs, every stupid token or coin without any new technology have a market cap of a few hundreds of million dollar or more! 
But that does not mean that out of this madness, a few of good ones will not stay around and change our life!
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:40:11 PM

If the coin has use case like NEM, than it is not a bubble. All the useless shitcoins are a bubble.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:13:29 PM

If the coin has use case like NEM, than it is not a bubble. All the useless shitcoins are a bubble.

yes indeed. some sh*tcoins and useless coins that has no real usage are the one who is bubble.  i know a couple of them and i actually had one of them in the past but i just slowly forgotten them as the time goes because there values are still pretty damn low and they seems stagnant and stuck all over the ages. for sure these was definetly the real bubble here and not bitcoins or any other popular coins.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:16:00 PM

NEM shitcoin is japanese bubble
BTC is a scam of chinese
BCH is a scam of scam from korea
ChrisCross86

Activity: 236

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:28:13 PM

The crypto market has always recovered after crashes and came back stronger. This is not the behaviour of a bubble.

But for sure there will be the next crash - and afterwards a recovery. The potential of blockchain technology and crypto currencies is huge. And from my point of view there are various chances to find valueable projects to invest.

And yes there will be crap projects which will have no success and you will lose money in the end. But this happens also in real world day by day.

g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:58:49 PM

this bubble is bullshit
its not a bubble when you have such a big liquidity, use case and utility for BTC!
open your eyes... bubbles are something else
Thinvestor

Activity: 184

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:14:34 PM

The housing markets, credit cards, student debt, mortgages, the entire stock market. Everything is in a bloody bubble when you look at it deeply enough. Shitcoins will fail, we need that to boost the value of real coins, but not all will fail.

The simpler it is, the better I like it
marketcoin2

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:20:14 PM

this bubble is bullshit
its not a bubble when you have such a big liquidity, use case and utility for BTC!
open your eyes... bubbles are something else

What is bubble then?

The dutcom bubble; why was it called bubble? Did after crash all internet went away? Amazon, ebay, and etc are around, aren't they?
It was called bubble because of many hypes around the new technology! Many lost their money because of a lot shitty product like pets.com!
Bubble does not mean that the blockchain technology will disappears after market crashed, it means they are overpriced product with no real use or profitability or value that are sucking money out of people!

Furthermore, what you are listing against the bubble is actually very well known signs of the bubble as it was for the dotcom bubble!

Many of early people are going to get rich as they are already rich! However,  there will be many people, that will lose their investments for good!
yonton

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:31:44 PM

NEM shitcoin is japanese bubble
BTC is a scam of chinese
BCH is a scam of scam from korea
It hurts to miss the train doesn't it. Don't get stuck holding fiat and you won't be so bitter about the crypto revolution! NEM is one of the top in every category, just do some research Wink
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:18:51 AM

ok so what now?

exit all crypto markets?

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
yonton

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:26:30 AM

ok so what now?

exit all crypto markets?
are you kidding? altcoins just entered a boom, this will last for moths. Just buy ETH, NEM LISK
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:35:59 AM

How do we know the fundamental value of something that has never existed before and a large majority of the world has no exposure to?

Exactly. That is the basis of my argument that cryptocurrencies are a bubble, laid out in the first paragraph in my blog.

I'm not saying we are/arent in a bubble, but it is a dilemma that I dont think we will be able to fully realize until we are several years into the future and can look back with hindsight. Is this the beginning of the end? Or the end of the beginning?
IMO, this is simply the end of the beginning.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My OP/Blog post can be misconstrued. I wanted to clear a couple things up.

To be clear... here and now is not the bubble I am referring to. When the bubble I am referring to sets in, Bitcoin's value will likely be worth 350k+ dollars each. We are still super early, and prices will still appreciate.

Compare the top 50 coins in market cap to 2013, 2015, then 2017. Most coins that are in the top 50 today will not be in 5 years. It is hard to discern what will be valuable long-term and what will not be. That's why if you are a HODLer I suggest investing in more established cryptos like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.

And I see Bitcoin as being one of the successes of the bubble... the Google or Amazon in my example of the .com bubble. There is a decent chance that they will destroy all alternative cryptocurrency values through 2nd layer technologies and sidechains. And if it doesn't... there is still a strong liklihood of its success due to the Network Effect.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:39:32 AM

ok so what now?

exit all crypto markets?

Keep buying. The real bubble will not come for years. This is just a small correction in the grand scheme of things.

Just be careful of what you buy. In bear markets, the scamcoins depreciate much quicker than the legit investment opportunities.
M0N3YMAGNET

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:41:41 AM

This is far from a bubble. The media feeds us lies and bullshit as usual. Don't swallow it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: