Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WINNERS ANNOUNCED! CGB Logo/Brand Design Contest!  (Read 7315 times)
pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:57:17 AM

I love it personally. Would you mind if I incorporate it into mine?
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:15:12 AM

I love it personally. Would you mind if I incorporate it into mine?

Sure no problems

Grin
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 03:44:25 AM

I realize this thread is probably getting borderline out of hand...but here is another idea (once something pops in my head I have to follow through):

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:28:08 AM

variation on ice cube logo

Grin
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:30:21 AM

I realize this thread is probably getting borderline out of hand...but here is another idea (once something pops in my head I have to follow through):

i like bholzer, that is very clean. you've submitted some great designs so far!!

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 04:39:15 AM

i like bholzer, that is very clean. you've submitted some great designs so far!!

Appreciate it. I've always enjoyed art...but my career path led to almost exclusively development/programming work and I miss the design/creative aspects of things from when I was younger. Every once in a while I'm just burned out on writing code and it's refreshing to jump in on projects like this -- makes me feel like less of a robot!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:23:58 AM

bullion with blue I like this, I know its not what you looking for but nice anyways

http://postimg.org/image/9j1faw8lv/

Grin
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:32:45 AM

bullion with blue I like this, I know its not what you looking for but nice anyways

http://postimg.org/image/9j1faw8lv/

I really, really like this one! Very nice!
r3wt

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:16:17 AM

Appreciate it. I've always enjoyed art...but my career path led to almost exclusively development/programming work and I miss the design/creative aspects of things from when I was younger. Every once in a while I'm just burned out on writing code and it's refreshing to jump in on projects like this -- makes me feel like less of a robot!
Wink

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
wmr42393

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:42:40 PM

Perfection.  Simple yet complex.  This is brand worthy, I'm amazed by the quality.  Do you have a portfolio?

Really appreciate it, man. I stumbled upon this thread around 4:00 AM and, while skimming through it, this concept popped into my head. This is the first logo I've ever made.

Sure my friend,  I can see what you mean!

So the cross between the Nintendo game cube logo and the standard 7 hexagon "popped into your head"?

Have been interested in Bitcoin and new crypto coins for about a year also have been reading these forums for a while now. Never needed or wanted to post until came across this thread.  Myself, well I am currently studying design and have enjoyed watching this thread develop.  From my experience which I am willing to admit is limited, I can see 3 designers posting here that have potential, however they are all missing something. 

The designers shall not be named. Sure anyone who has followed this thread with interest will be able to guess the forum member that is being discussed based on the statements below.

Designer 1. -  Has a very good grasp of logo design, shows good initiative and has the most usable logos, but is missing the killer design.

Designer 2. - Has very good artistic talent and spacial design skills, but can not in any way design a logo.

Designer 3. - Has skills to produce amazing looking photos but it remains to be seen it these designs are punchy enough to be used as a logo.

Most memorable logos are often two tone and can be noticed with just parts of design visible.  Coke Pepsi Heinz Intel.  Simple iconic images.  The blue logo looks good but if Nintendo catch hold of this thread :O
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:07:22 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 02:17:31 PM by bholzer

Perfection.  Simple yet complex.  This is brand worthy, I'm amazed by the quality.  Do you have a portfolio?

Really appreciate it, man. I stumbled upon this thread around 4:00 AM and, while skimming through it, this concept popped into my head. This is the first logo I've ever made.

Sure my friend,  I can see what you mean!

So the cross between the Nintendo game cube logo and the standard 7 hexagon "popped into your head"?

Have been interested in Bitcoin and new crypto coins for about a year also have been reading these forums for a while now. Never needed or wanted to post until came across this thread.  Myself, well I am currently studying design and have enjoyed watching this thread develop.  From my experience which I am willing to admit is limited, I can see 3 designers posting here that have potential, however they are all missing something.  

The designers shall not be named. Sure anyone who has followed this thread with interest will be able to guess the forum member that is being discussed based on the statements below.

Designer 1. -  Has a very good grasp of logo design, shows good initiative and has the most usable logos, but is missing the killer design.

Designer 2. - Has very good artistic talent and spacial design skills, but can not in any way design a logo.

Designer 3. - Has skills to produce amazing looking photos but it remains to be seen it these designs are punchy enough to be used as a logo.

Most memorable logos are often two tone and can be noticed with just parts of design visible.  Coke Pepsi Heinz Intel.  Simple iconic images.  The blue logo looks good but if Nintendo catch hold of this thread :O

I assure you that the Nintendo Gamecube logo, which was designed in 1999, wasn't fresh on my mind. I would imagine it would be difficult to be 100% original with zero similarities to any other logo in the history of mankind -- there are literally billions of logos out there...and if the closest thing to mine is from a 12-year-old video game system I'd say that's borderline shocking.

I was unaware of the "standard 7 hexagon" but I urge you to make a submission if you have something to contribute. My only goal was to loosely stick with the "snowflake" concept but put a "cryptogenic" spin on it (or at least my interpretation of such.) What primarily motivated me to submit some logos was the lack of true logos in the thread -- I wanted to make sure the full spectrum was available. I'm guessing this will be a situation where there will be multiple winners.

It's odd that you chose to single me out here for no apparent reason...but the most disturbing thing about your post is that the Gamecube logo is fresh on your mind -- I don't think anybody has even thought about Gamecube since 2002! Believe it or not, Nintendo doesn't own the cube shape (nor do they own the rights to the letter "G" even if that isn't applicable here)...and the admittedly similar-in-concept cube is only part of the logo. You may have a semester of basic design concepts under your belt...but perhaps you should consider some business law courses before you run around spreading nonsense.

Also, if you still have time to change majors, I highly recommend it. I know piles and piles of talented people with design degrees that are unemployed -- the market is saturated now. The problem is everybody comes out with the same basic knowledge that doesn't really do them any good (such as what you've posted here) and, typically, a mountain of debt to go with it. If you're doing it as a hobby that's fine...but if you're hoping to make a career out of it I'd suggest a different path (for example, computer science: the demand for computer programmers will continue to grow steadily for the foreseeable future.)

r3wt

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:48:18 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 11:56:38 AM by r3wt

EDIT:
CGB ADDRESS: 5dFbyBWeJwYXCnCYwZNGVTP9s7rRytUUE1

serrveraside

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 03:06:40 PM

Most memorable logos are often two tone and can be noticed with just parts of design visible.  Coke Pepsi Heinz Intel.  Simple iconic images.  The blue logo looks good but if Nintendo catch hold of this thread :O

I'm sure everyone gets this, its logo 101  Most 'brands' use two-tone.  Most brands have a creative thought process through it and are paid for their work.  Most come with a book on the concept behind it.  However this isn't for IBM or Ford, it's for a type of crypto.  I think you are being a bit harsh on what to expect would be submitted.

Besides this is being done for free.  Yes there is a reward, but only a few will take some away.  I'm happy people contributed like they have, its great for the community.  The logo from bholzer looks nothing like the nintendo logo and its a bit harsh calling out like that.

If you're a design major or whatever you should know that a lot of big companies use the font Helvetica in their designs.  My point is that there are similarities in logos all the time.  Please submit something yourself if you are going to be so critical without constructive arguments. 

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 03:20:22 PM

I'm sure everyone gets this, its logo 101  Most 'brands' use two-tone.  Most brands have a creative thought process through it and are paid for their work.  Most come with a book on the concept behind it.  However this isn't for IBM or Ford, it's for a type of crypto.  I think you are being a bit harsh on what to expect would be submitted.

Besides this is being done for free.  Yes there is a reward, but only a few will take some away.  I'm happy people contributed like they have, its great for the community.  The logo from bholzer looks nothing like the nintendo logo and its a bit harsh calling out like that.

If you're a design major or whatever you should know that a lot of big companies use the font Helvetica in their designs.  My point is that there are similarities in logos all the time.  Please submit something yourself if you are going to be so critical without constructive arguments. 

I agree, bare in mind that wmr42393 is a two-post troll account so his/her opinion needs to be taken with a pinch of salt  Wink
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:26:28 PM

Anyway, enough squabbling, and back to the task at hand...

Not really sure why I did this, as it's no good as a logo or banner, lol.

mainly just me playing around, waiting for inspiration.

K.
Kruncha

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:52:35 PM

And this is how you truly sell CGB...

Grin

K.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:23:06 PM

Grin

K.

Ha, the wife will love that!
Kruncha

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:12:44 PM

I hope your not going to get me in trouble Grin

Did you notice her tattoo? lol.

K.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:13:25 PM

Grin

K.

Looks like we got a winner!

Grin
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:24:03 PM

Midnight tonight eastern standard time, although I will be well asleep so I probably will not officially close till I wake up at 4-5am. You have 9.5-13.5 hours...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: