Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claiming Bitcoin Gold From Mulitbit Private Key  (Read 161 times)
ziggystar1 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:02:38 PM

Hi I wanted to know if it is possible to claim BITCOIN GOLD from a Multi Bit Classic Private Key ?

When Claiming Bitcoin Cash I used my Multibit Classic private Key to sweep into Electron Wallet

Can the same process be done with Bitcoin Gold ?
RickIVcone

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:09:14 PM

It is the same process except that as far as i know there's no electrum fork supporting btg analog to electron cash, so you need to install a btg-supporting wallet such as coinomi and import there your private key
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:13:11 PM

yeah sure, you can. as long you convert it to wallet that support that btg, prety much same like you do before
Avispeat

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:16:18 PM

It is the same process except that as far as i know there's no electrum fork supporting btg analog to electron cash, so you need to install a btg-supporting wallet such as coinomi and import there your private key

Why don't he install node directly?  He doesn't need 3Rd party app or wallet software to be able to claim his btg. It makes process easier I can agree on that.
ziggystar1 (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:41:54 PM

Thanks Guys I will try sweeping my Multibit Classic Private key into Coinomi to claim the BTG.

I moved My Bitcoin to Electrum after the Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork perhaps sweeping the private key from Multibit into Coinomi won't work to claim the BTG perhaps i will have to sweep the Electrum paraphrase into Coinomi in order to claim the BTG any ideas ?
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:10:34 PM

Hi I wanted to know if it is possible to claim BITCOIN GOLD from a Multi Bit Classic Private Key ?

When Claiming Bitcoin Cash I used my Multibit Classic private Key to sweep into Electron Wallet

Can the same process be done with Bitcoin Gold ?
Yes! You can but you need to sent all BTC to other wallet before Claiming Bitcoin Cash
More info! Seaching in this forum and Google
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: