Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to earn GAS and buy NEO  (Read 137 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
newsim23 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:46:55 PM

Hello everyone, first time poster here, so don't be too harsh   Grin

I just wanted to share something I learned today. I've held NEO for a few months and have been a bit lazy on looking into how to generate GAS and set up a wallet. Which was dumb because I've been missing out on some good passive income! (don't be lazy, don't be dumb).

But to get to my point, I'm also a big fan of the Kucoin exchange and have been on there for awhile now. For those that do not know one of the perks Kucoin offers is that they credit you with the GAS that you earn. Binance also does this, however Kucoin has two critical advantages, imo. First Binance credits you with GAS monthly, Kucoin credits you daily. Second, Kucoin has NEO based markets one of which is NEO/GAS! My main goal of generating GAS is to use it as compound interest to increase my amount of NEO. Therefore with Kucoin it is a huge advantage over Binance to be able to convert GAS to NEO daily and to do so without having to pay transaction fees to btc/eth and then to NEO. It also provides an easy view of which is performing better currently, NEO or GAS, and should you hold or sell you GAS.

To be clear, putting NEO in a secure wallet is much safer. However, if you are a NEO guppy though, like myself, I think its worth the risk to try and maximize your GAS income to purchase more NEO.

I did search to see if this topic had been covered, did see anything obvious but again newbie here. Appreciate any feedback, critiques, am I missing anything here, what do people think, anyone find this helpful?

Also if you haven't checked out Kucoin it is new but it has lots of perks (like supporting ALL coin forks: pennies for S2X?? but it was free!), similar to Binance but I think it is far better and will, in time, surpass them. If you like it and your feeling altruistic sign up with my invite link.
https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=1J5y2

Looking forward to 2018! 
l_i_g_h_t

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:52:17 PM

Good info. I'm gonna look into this because I keep hearing about NEO from everyone, not sure why though?
yareklamator

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Magic is real

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:39:41 AM

Yes, maybe you are right. But the amount of GAS received is very small, considering the price. And the risk of keeping a large amount of NEO on the exchange is very large. Every month hackers find weaknesses. I do not want to take any chances, but thanks for the advice.
shole01

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:51:28 AM

I've just got my Neon wallet on my Ledger Nano S
generates gas while sitting on my ledger
master2#

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 02:55:52 AM

I've just got my Neon wallet on my Ledger Nano S
generates gas while sitting on my ledger

Great to know I might by some NEO and give it a try!!
newsim23 (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:33:56 PM

Yes, maybe you are right. But the amount of GAS received is very small, considering the price. And the risk of keeping a large amount of NEO on the exchange is very large. Every month hackers find weaknesses. I do not want to take any chances, but thanks for the advice.

I completely agree. If you are holding a large amount of NEO you should have a secure wallet. NEON as mentioned by other poster is a great wallet. I wrote this more for people like myself who don't have a lot of NEO. I think it is the most efficient way to earn more through GAS sales. As I acquire more NEO through GAS sales and buying dips I'll be transferring at least some to a secure wallet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: