Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:09:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto/Alt coins. New to this  (Read 131 times)
Chopper99999 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:09:46 AM

Morning people.

So I have been dabbling a little with alt coins. I have gained a little roi (about £200 on £200) investment. But does anyone have any experience in coins?
As there's ALOT of them on bittrex and coinechange.  I kinda don't know what to look for ect.  OR even what my goald is.
If people do trade coins, how do you know it's not a scam.
I don't want to be billionaire rich, but a little extra money won't go amiss.  But my priority is to have a coin that I can trust/invest in.
Am I too late to the party?  Is it  even a long  term investment anymore?

Opinions would  be appreciated.
Boojapho

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:20:30 AM

Treat the coins just like stocks.  The well known ones are safer, but offer lower returns.  The obscure coins are like penny stocks.  If you pick the right pony at the right time, you can have big returns.

In general, if a coin is on a well known exchange (e.g. Bittrex, Poloniex) it is not a scam.

My advice is to read, read, and read more about all the coins.  This will get your fundamental analysis on the coin.  Only invest in ones that have a good potential to be a useful coin.  Second, look into technical analysis.  This is using statistics and graphs to understand trends in the coins.  This will help you know when to buy/sell/hold.  Its the same techniques that you use to evaluate stocks.
fluffykat

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:03:10 AM

I don't think you're too late...people are still make huge gains. Just take a look at ripple the last few days!
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

"I kinda don't know what to look for ect.  OR even what my goald is." Only you can answer that to be honest. You go in to a bitcoin/cryptocurrency forum and you're going to ask us what your goal is? Quite weird, ain't it? Tongue

It depends on what you're trying to do. You can trade scam coins and still make money, as long as you don't hold those scam coins for too long.

Are you late to the party? No one knows for sure, as we really can't say for sure if the price will rise or crash tomorrow. That's why you always read the "don't invest more than you're willing to lose" quote here in the forums.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████