Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:25:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold signer  (Read 287 times)
bk1041 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:26:59 AM

Hi, 

What bounty would be required to get Bitcoin Gold Signer implemented?   I stupidly used Armory-specific P2SH-P2PK addresses (because I didn't know they were Armory specific) and it's not possible to export these to bitcoin-gold core implementation.

I would happily contribute to bounty.  Would $500 (in LTC or BTC equivalent) make it happen?

Thanks!!   Grin
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:34:07 AM

Goatpig has stated that he plans to add a BTG signer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2070058.msg26798175#msg26798175

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
bk1041 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:29:07 AM

I saw goatpig's comment in the thread you refer to

> Armory is not for altcoins. I provided a BCH signer so that people can get their coins out. I will provide a BTG signer to the same end.

But I haven't found any info about which release it will be in. 
Is there any info on that?

goatpig:  If I donate could I incentivize you to put it in 0.96.4?

idoB

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:24:30 AM

I'll pitch in $500 in BTC to be able to get rid of my BTG in 0.96.4!
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:38:01 AM

goatpig:  If I donate could I incentivize you to put it in 0.96.4?

Not really. BTG is too intrusive so it will be a binary on its own. At the same time I'm due work for other stuff, so I can't do BTG first thing. Sometimes next week maybe.

bk1041 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:12:00 AM

OK, cool.   If you finish an executable by the end of next week I'll definitely stick to $500 in BTC donation.  Just post a link on this thread and your BTC payment address.   -b
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:47:58 AM

I don't accept donations.

bk1041 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:23:15 PM

OK.  Does Armory have any bounty system at all so that other contributors could help get features implemented and you can verify/merge?
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:43:22 PM

OK.  Does Armory have any bounty system at all so that other contributors could help get features implemented and you can verify/merge?

You can start one on your own if there is a feature you're really after. I'm wouldn't take charge on that stuff atm, too busy.

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:26:12 AM

Hello. I just found this program by Jimmy Song, a former Armory dev. As I understand things, if you export your private keys (WIF format), you can use this code to sign transactions for various forks, including Gold.

I HAVE NOT USED THIS PROGRAM. I think Jimmy's a great dev, and he's been cool when I've met up with him. I also haven't reviewed the code. I don't think he'd be the kind of guy to do things like upload private keys to some server in Uzbekistan where he can then use the keys to clean out your regular bitcoins. I'm just saying that I offer this as a data point for anybody too impatient to wait for goatpig. If you use this program, it's at your own risk, and you'll probably have to figure everything out yourself. (At a brief glance, documentation is paltry beyond this tweet and a minimal README in the repo.)
gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:30:47 PM

Hello. I just found this program by Jimmy Song, a former Armory dev. As I understand things, if you export your private keys (WIF format), you can use this code to sign transactions for various forks, including Gold.

Be extemely careful!   The moment you have exported just one private key, you have compromised your Armory wallet.  Move all BTC out of it and into a new wallet before attempting anything like this.
bk1041 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:23:10 PM

Yeah, that's cool. Thanks for the link.  It was very useful to go through the code.  If I understand it correctlly, you just need to run spend_all_tx with your private keys.  But it doesn't work with p2sh-p2pk script addresses at the moment.  I think that might be pretty easy to add though.

*Warning*
As others mention don't even think about this if you haven't moved your funds off of your private keys before playing with this.
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:47:48 PM

Be extemely careful!   The moment you have exported just one private key, you have compromised your Armory wallet.  Move all BTC out of it and into a new wallet before attempting anything like this.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't dare use this if the keys also touched any actual bitcoins I had. I'm just giving an option to those who are desperate to make a quick buck off the people dumb enough to think Gold and all the other variants have any sort of future beyond being the equivalent of penny stocks (assuming the dev teams don't just crash and burn). Smiley
ConnyH

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:49:29 PM

How's it going with the Bitcoin Gold binary? Is it done soon? (or is it already done?) Smiley
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:46:18 AM

is that still a thing?

edit/ $115 per...huh...who knew?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:01:33 PM

I'm like... busy with other stuff... also I'm lazy! Soon (tm).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: