Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:41:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFORMATION] The future of Spots and a message to supporters and exchange sites  (Read 2506 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:55:11 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 09:35:37 PM by iGotSpots

Formal request for Spots never to be added to your altcoin graveyard. We don't want Spot to be grouped in with scam coins and premined garbage.
Do not add Spots to Cryptsy

In light of recent additions of premined, and obvious scam coins, I'm not going to keep putting any effort into getting on Cryptsy if our community is going to keep getting passed over and ignored. We have a fair coin with a purpose, no premine, and an active development team that has been doing giveaways, paying bounties, and setting up services from our own personal mining. Spots has a stable hashrate between 50 and 300 mHash depending on the difficulty swings. We are a rare coin with no instamine (only 5510 blocks and under 300,000 Spots mined in over a week after launch as of this posting), and a decent amount of followers waiting to see where we go next. The most up to date information will always be available on our announcement thread, as well as on iGotSpots.com

Cryptsy, please remove Spots from your list and do not add it if you are not planning on adding it by the end of this weekend (8/5/2013). We are going to have a big announcement next week and want a stable price prior to moving forward so we don't alienate our already growing community. If it's not going to be on there by this weekend, I respectfully ask that you do not add it ever. You guys speak of not adding, or more intensely considering premined coins, as well as coins with no purpose, yet you go the complete opposite direction and add the biggest scam coins to date, one within days of launch. We have asked several times and received the same 4 word response everytime "it's on the list" - Enough is enough. Do it or don't. Thanks.

To the other exchanges...there are a couple we would really like to be listed on. These are mcxnow (I like your selective process in taking coins with a purpose), bter (I just really like the way it's set up and doesn't have too much drama), and btc-e (the professional look impresses me). If any of you guys have any questions or concerns about adding us, or if there is anything our community can do to move forward with getting our coin on your exchange and into your community's hands. We would like to set our sights to greener grass than just the usual alt-coin dumping grounds.

August 8th will be the day that the Spots team announces what our plans are going to be for Spots, as well as an opportunity for miners and investors to get more involved with the development of services and goods, as well as what the (slightly) down the line future will hold for Spots and our community.

Am I whining? Maybe, but it pisses me off that certains sites would rather add obvious scams and coins with no purpose over those that have a fair launch, strong development team, and an actual purpose to the launch, other than a price pump and premined coin dump.

Thank you to those of you asking for Spots to be added to more exchanges, as well as those of you who have set up pools, faucets, and block explorers without us having to hunt you down. We really do appreciate your efforts; they have not gone unnoticed. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank coins-e.com for adding us right away.

Just to make it clear, I'm not trying to have malicious intent or give them an ultimatum. An ultimatum means there will be consequences if you don't do something. There are no consequences if they don't except Spots not being on there. It wasn't meant to sound as malicious as you guys are interpreting it. If I was that upset about it I wouldn't be in their troll box talking right now...

Formal request for Spots never to be added to your altcoin graveyard. We don't want Spot to be grouped in with scam coins and premined garbage.
Do not add Spots to Cryptsy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:58:08 PM

Reserved

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:02:11 PM

Reserved

Why reserve a spot on a post that I'm sure will barely have a page of posts ever? Just say what you have to say

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

I doubt Vern will respond the way you hope, to your ultimatum...

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:18:26 PM

Cryptsy is only interested in crapcoins. Release a crapcoin and they will probably list it tomorrow.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:20:39 PM

I doubt Vern will respond the way you hope, to your ultimatum...

It doesn't matter, really. If they add it or don't, it makes no difference. My team will make our profits on a percentage basis, so it doesn't matter to us if the price is .01 or .000001 - The sellers on coins-e have not budged on their price, which is awesome. They understand the value of a Spot at this time

We are going to make our money on the goods and services provided in the long term, not a premine dump. We are already trading on coins-e for a week, now, so people have a place to buy them if they want to.

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:30:40 PM

Well, BTC-e won't even consider your coin without a massive bribe, McxNow is very selective with what coins they add, and coins-e a shut dumping ground. I wouldn't go burning the Cryptsy bridge just yet. But hey, what do I kno?  It's not like I have 2 coins trading on Cryptsy or anything.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:34:18 PM

Well, BTC-e won't even consider your coin without a massive bribe, McxNow is very selective with what coins they add, and coins-e a shut dumping ground. I wouldn't go burning the Cryptsy bridge just yet. But hey, what do I kno?  It's not like I have 2 coins trading on Cryptsy or anything.

I'm not going to get into it with you in here. If you really want to argue or talk about your amazing coins more in depth, please PM me. We will not offer a bribe to anyone. No premine, all bounties have come from my own personal mining on the pools.

I am willing to send a small amount to any exchange op for them to test the network for stability, but we will not be bribing anyone for anything. If that's a deal breaker, then so be it. This is the first coin created specifically for purchasing precious metals. If that's not enough, then it is what it is

BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:41:43 PM

Spots is on the list we do not consider bounties or ultimatums in this case. To manipulate where the coin falls on the consideration list. If you wish to be removed from the list we also don't list coins that coin dev's request to not be listed so there is not issue either way.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:52:31 PM

Spots is on the list we do not consider bounties or ultimatums in this case. To manipulate where the coin falls on the consideration list. If you wish to be removed from the list we also don't list coins that coin dev's request to not be listed so there is not issue either way.

Yea, I might sound like a dick in that post, but that's fine. It's not about getting listed, it's about making sure our price is stable before we launch the silver exchange. I don't want the price to be 7k spots today and 3k spots next week when it's added somewhere else. That will just piss people off. I care more about my miners and supporters than getting listed on another exchange

BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:48:11 PM

@BitJohn

I have a strange feeling we know each other.

But anyway, is there a criteria for a coin to be listed or is simple order followed?

Just curious?

~BCX~
@BCX

Cryptsy itself was made from and for Vern's miners as a safe place to trade the various ALT coins from the pools and it went from there.

The list began as a question from Vern on a forum board asking for some coin research for Cryptsy.  It went from a basic list of altcoins and has evolved into a more detailed list with some research. So I maintain the list adding coins as I find them and read about them. We currently rank them using criteria in this order ingenuity, fair release, perceived volume, developer's reputation, coin stats and after that speculation by me to put them in order.

Step two is Big Vern gets the itch to add a coin and picks from the list I researched can deviate from the list at a whim (he is the boss) though it normally follows the list gotta keep folks on their toes after all. With all that said their are a couple coins we have added based purely for competitive or perceived advantage due to ingenuity that skipped the process entirely.

As far as knowing each other I am pretty sure we have talked in IRC back before my Cryptsy days its funny you said that as I thought the same thing.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:31:28 AM

I've received a few PM's that seem to think I'm talking shit or giving them an ultimatum or something. Not the case. The whole reason was to get the point across that if we don't get added soon, it's not going to be in our interest to be later on. We can't have someone paying 7000 Spots next week for silver and then the week after they are only 3000 Spots each just because a new exchange had our prices different. If the prices fluctuate with the market and supply, that's one thing, but being on a new exchange cannot be the reason. That's just shitty to the people who have stuck around with us expecting to purchase their goods right when we launch it

We need a stable price prior to moving forward. That's the whole point, not to talk shit

TheRealSolid

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Operator of mcxNOW | Programmer of MicroCash

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:32:44 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 03:43:44 AM by TheRealSolid

mcxNOW only adds coins that are either very popular (I have my own metrics outside of pages on the launch thread) or are technically unique as to be popular in the future. Neither of which spots is.

Personally I'm not sure why people keep pumping out these clone coins with minor variations, a name change, and the "big ideas" to change the world with the clone coin. Unless you are doing something unique stick to existing coins to change the world, there's plenty to use already (ie Bitcoin and Litecoin)

Something like cryptsy or coins-e which are purely motivated about wrenching every fee they can out of ever clone coin are the exchanges you should consider, not mcxNOW.

https://mcxnow.com - Fast and secure coin exchange.
Primecoin / Litecoin / Mincoin / Worldcoin / CopperLark
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:46:21 AM

Thanks for the response, RS, it's nice to at least get more than a 4 word response from an exchange team. We have been on coins-e for about a week. Cryptsy is most likely not going to happen

TheRealSolid

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Operator of mcxNOW | Programmer of MicroCash

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:54:17 AM

Thanks for the response, RS, it's nice to at least get more than a 4 word response from an exchange team. We have been on coins-e for about a week. Cryptsy is most likely not going to happen

NP, btw I don't have anything personal against people creating clone coins. I don't think just because you create a coin that you are a scammer or whatever like many other people do. I just personally think there needs to be a reason to create a new coin beyond "I want to do it".

Unfortunately all the "Developers" who managed to figure out how to compile litecoin and change the name have the exact same delusion about their coins. I could paste you the emails of all the developers asking to get on mcxNOW and you would literally think it's the same person in every one.

"Change the world" - "This one is different" - "No premine" - "Did I say it wasn't premined?" - "We are targeting X,Y and Z unlike these other coins"

At the end of it there is a simple underlying theme, it's people who want to get rich doing nothing and have their name on something. Now I have nothing against people wanting to do this, but to me I want to support innovation in the cryptocommodity and cryptocurrency field. This is why I favor work that is innovative/different. Coins that are popular are added mostly to stop people flooding my inbox with requests. So if you can make spots very popular I'm sure I'll be flooded with requests and we can talk again.

https://mcxnow.com - Fast and secure coin exchange.
Primecoin / Litecoin / Mincoin / Worldcoin / CopperLark
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 03:59:01 AM

NP, btw I don't have anything personal against people creating clone coins. I don't think just because you create a coin that you are a scammer or whatever like many other people do. I just personally think there needs to be a reason to create a new coin beyond "I want to do it".

Unfortunately all the "Developers" who managed to figure out how to compile litecoin and change the name have the exact same delusion about their coins. I could paste you the emails of all the developers asking to get on mcxNOW and you would literally think it's the same person in every one.

"Change the world" - "This one is different" - "No premine" - "Did I say it wasn't premined?" - "We are targeting X,Y and Z unlike these other coins"

At the end of it there is a simple underlying theme, it's people who want to get rich doing nothing and have their name on something. Now I have nothing against people wanting to do this, but to me I want to support innovation in the cryptocommodity and cryptocurrency field. This is why I favor work that is innovative/different. Coins that are popular are added mostly to stop people flooding my inbox with requests. So if you can make spots very popular I'm sure I'll be flooded with requests and we can talk again.

This is the reason I was hoping you would be interested. I'm not really trying to get into any altcoin graveyards. We have big plans and one purpose for the coin, and it is not to dump them. We will speak in the future  Wink  Stay solid

FrigidWinter

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:27:09 AM

Wow just WOW.

I get that your coin is "fair" yes it is.

But I honest to god have heard the name spots about 2 times and i have spent a lot of time at cryptsy and mcxnow just the last few nights. As I  am slowly coming around to MCxNow as much as I hate to say it Sad

That being said. Quit being a little bitch. I get that your coin is fair okay but what does it offer a good name? No. Anything? NO. I have been annoyed by the phrase "GIL!" over and over for countless days in the chatbox. I even closed it the other day just because of that.

If i was to owner would I add a coin that I never stop hearing about or that coin that ya its fair but who the hell talks about it. As Im pretty sure cryptsy is for profit and keeping its users happy is the best way for him to make money.

But orb not such a good idea. But again mad users happy and took it down

And yes you are giving them an ultimatum you little child. They  say the list comment about every coin

Realsolid earns a tiny bit of respect for not adding Spots
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 04:28:04 AM

Wow just WOW.

But I honest to god have heard the name spots about 2 times and i have spent a lot of time at cryptsy and mcxnow just the last few nights. As I  am slowly coming around to MCxNow as much as I hate to say it Sad

That being said. Quit being a little bitch. I get that your coin is fair okay but what does it offer a good name no anything? NO I have been annoyed by the phrase "GIL!" over and over for countless days in the chatbox. I even closed it the other day just because of that.

If i was to owner would I add a coin that I never stop hearing about or that coin that ya its fair but who the hell talks about it. As Im pretty sure cryptsy is for profit and keeping its users happy is the best way for him to make money.

And yes you are giving them an ultimatum you little child. They  say the list comment about every coin

Your opinion means very much to me and I appreciate that very coherent rambling. Giving information and our plans for the future does not mean an ultimatum. How would you like it if you paid twice as much today as I do tomorrow just because there are suddenly different buyers? Pretty shitty, I bet. If the price changes from market interest and coin generation rates, that's a whole other scenario.

I am neither a bitch, nor a child, but it's nice to see someone have a discussion without using insults. You're right, I'm the one that should grow up

Like I said, the price and where it's traded mean absolutely nothing to me. We will make our profits based on percentages of the metals, not the coin price. It literally has 0 impact on us if the price is .01 or .000001

I'm just trying to keep it as fair and equal for our buyers as possible

FrigidWinter

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:38:51 AM

Wow just WOW.

That being said. Quit being a little bitch. I get that your coin is fair okay but what does it offer a good name no anything? NO I have been annoyed by the phrase "GIL!" over and over for countless days in the chatbox. I even closed it the other day just because of that.

Your opinion means very much to me and I appreciate that very coherent rambling. Giving information and our plans for the future does not mean an ultimatum. How would you like it if you paid twice as much today as I do tomorrow just because there are suddenly different buyers? Pretty shitty, I bet. If the price changes from market interest and coin generation rates, that's a whole other scenario.

I am neither a bitch, nor a child, but it's nice to see someone have a discussion without using insults. You're right, I'm the one that should grow up

Like I said, the price and where it's traded mean absolutely nothing to me. We will make our profits based on percentages of the metals, not the coin price. It literally has 0 impact on us if the price is .01 or .000001

Oh Im sorry I didnt read

If it's not going to be on there by this weekend, I respectfully ask that you do not add it ever

We have asked several times and received the same 4 word response everytime "it's on the list" - Enough is enough. Do it or don't. Thanks.

You know I really need to Setup a pc outside of my mining room. I just cant read with all this noise
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 04:44:15 AM

Wow just WOW.

Oh Im sorry I didnt read

If it's not going to be on there by this weekend, I respectfully ask that you do not add it ever

We have asked several times and received the same 4 word response everytime "it's on the list" - Enough is enough. Do it or don't. Thanks.

You know I really need to Setup a pc outside of my mining room. I just cant read with all this noise
An ultimatum means consequences if you don't do something. There are none if they don't except spots not being on there. It wasn't meant to sound as malicious as you guys are interpreting it. If I was that upset about it I wouldn't be in their troll box talking right now...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: