Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:39:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Mining  (Read 231 times)
BtcGeorghiou (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:53:06 AM

So I decided to add a 1070ti to my desktop and see how it well it would do with that and the 480 that was already in there and was impressed with its mining. I also decided to try CPU mining and it makes around .40-.60/day and was wondering what if anyone would tell me if it's worth doing that? Is CPU mining bad for the computer? How much extra is the energy cost to CPU mine? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to CPU because I didn't even think to try it. Thanks in advance.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:48:12 PM

its not very profitable solo mining big coins, but you can make some real cash mining new coins with extremely low diff. otherwise its cheaper to buy 100000 mut for 100sat than mining 50 coins for a month. coinwarz.com and whattomine.com don't have info about new coins, so the only way is to monitor forum for new mining targets

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
breadginger56

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:37:03 PM

its not very profitable solo mining big coins, but you can make some real cash mining new coins with extremely low diff. otherwise its cheaper to buy 100000 mut for 100sat than mining 50 coins for a month. coinwarz.com and whattomine.com don't have info about new coins, so the only way is to monitor forum for new mining targets
It is true, non-solo or pool mining can be helpful and CPU mining is kinda usable for new cryptos but mining for bitcoins, ethereum and other mainstream cryptos are too difficult and those really recommends mining in GPU.
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:00:40 PM

I think for Ethereum a GPU would make a lot more sense than a CPU, just keep in mind for any mining scenario affordable (as in cheap) electricity is  needed otherwise you'll  probably be losing money.
Enbloc

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 09:16:55 PM

CPU mining is very limited for profitability. Find a calculator to be sure that you are not wasting your time. I recommend you look into XMR CPU mining -Chaz
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:42:44 AM

BiblePay (BBP) is a new CPU Mining Only coin that I believe has a lot of future potential worth

- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 180+ Orphans monthly) 
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance Model, Budget Proposals & Voting) 
- POBh Proof of BibleHash algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes   

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap ~1 million
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

MATTX

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:26:09 AM

you can mine DERO.
New concept. Smart contract on cryptonote protocol. On exchange.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508

Competent devs, join slack for more details.

DERO: CryptoNote Privacy + Smart Contracts   (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508)
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:49:23 AM

If, in order to make a profit, you are entirely dependent on the coin's value increasing, then exchanging fiat for that coin may be a better move than mining it. (Unless the "exchange rate" based on the electricity cost associated with mining happens to be lower than it is at an exchange. This is typically only the case if you have free electricity.)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:38:31 AM

So I decided to add a 1070ti to my desktop and see how it well it would do with that and the 480 that was already in there and was impressed with its mining. I also decided to try CPU mining and it makes around .40-.60/day and was wondering what if anyone would tell me if it's worth doing that? Is CPU mining bad for the computer? How much extra is the energy cost to CPU mine? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to CPU because I didn't even think to try it. Thanks in advance.

With CPU mining is not possible to make a daily profit, but if you still want to mine something, see what will bring you the most coins and has some chance of price increases so you can profit from it over time. Most coins with cryptonight or cryptonight-lite will work. Monero, DigitalNote, Bytecoin and Aeon being the most popular. My advice, the wear of the system is not worth the potential profit.
BtcGeorghiou (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:17:53 PM

Yeah I like the idea of maybe mining easier coins and maybe it'll turn into something. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:59:03 PM

CPU eat the same amount of energy what GPU but hashrate lower 3 - 4 times.
And cpu cant mine many algoritms, only cryptonight

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: