Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:33:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs the rest  (Read 225 times)
Jaron80 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:08:20 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 03:13:39 PM by Jaron80

Hey All,

Who believes bitcoin dominance will fall to 20% in 2018?

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota RaiBlocks and more will it change the playing field?

and if you believe it which currency could take over the #1 from bitcoin?
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:15:25 PM

Hey All,

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota and more will it change the playing field?

I think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin in 2018
because bitcoin cash is the same as bitcoin (BTC)
people already familiar with bitcoin, so I guess it's not hard for bitcoin cash to take over market dominance from bitcoin

Monodont

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:16:53 PM

Why Bitcoin Cash instead of one of the others Jaron80 mentioned?
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:17:05 PM

You forgot HashGraph that is a type of super highway being developed for crypto-money

BTC is more of a steam engine with new petrol and electric engines coming out
but it was proving a service before the miners decide to put the fees up above
$45 per transaction.

Tulip mania will end quite fast and now is a good time to place a stop loss on BTC
just in case the obvious happens but flowers will still be grown and sold at market
and I would go for Ripple from a technical standpoint but I break out in spots when
ever i go near bankers, you know the same ones that now control the BTC miners today

See https://blockchain.info/pools if you want to get the picture

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:19:03 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 03:32:06 PM by mjglqw

Bitcoin's dominance can definitely fall to 20% or less in 2018, though it's quite unlikely as bitcoin still takes all the media publicity.
This is a lot more likely to happen if the blockchain stays congested for longer. We desperately need lightning network ASAP. The core developers definitely need to work fast. We're still sitting on 156090 Unconfirmed Transactions[1], which is quite lower than it was a week ago, but is still significantly high.

[1] https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Edit: correction. Thanks to Samarkand for pointing it out.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

No, no , no because I don't have any Bitcoin cash and i stand a slim chance of getting my
Bitcoin Gold because I was clueless and trusted Coinbase to hold my coins during the fork.

Well this time I got my coins out from Coinbase at a huge cost thanks to $45 transaction fees
from BTC mining monopoly so I am set up to receive my free batch of Segwit2x B2X coins in
a few weeks time.

Now please help me out here, dump your B2X as soon as you can because I want to buy at
a cheap price and get back to the days where I could afford to sent a $1 test amount to my
wallet instead of having to pay extortion fees to miners. 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 02:28:55 PM

How do you measure "dominance"? What does "fall to 20%" represent? Fall to 20% of what?

With the strong rise of Ripple Ethereum Cardano Iota and more will it change the playing field?

Ripple and Ethereum don't have the same use cases as Bitcoin.

Bitcoin started as a retail monetary currency, which is now being used more as an investment asset.

Ethereum isn't a monetary currency at all, it's a currency of processing power across the Ethereum blockchain.

And Ripple is a currency for banks to facilitate financial transactions...it's not in use as a retail currency.

You can't compare an apple to a donut to a car and expect your comparison to make sense!

Now, if you want to compare Bitcoin to competitors you need to talk about Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin.

You forgot HashGraph that is a type of super highway being developed for crypto-money

How novel...sounds like every other cryptocurrency I've ever heard of.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:34:53 PM

...We desperately need lightning network ASAP. The core developers definitely need to work fast. ...

The Lightning Network isn´t even developed by the Bitcoin Core developers. The people behind the Lightning Network
are a different team.

Be that as it may, I think the LN might not be the savior you think it is.
We have been told that the LN is right around the corner for years and yet we still
have no idea, whether it will actually work. I´m not talking about a few fancy youtube
demonstrations of the current capabilities, I´m talking about processing a transaction
volume that is comparable to VISA or Mastercard. This isn´t even taking into
account the possibility that the adoption of the Lightning Network will be slow
or might not even happen at all.

As we all know, many people are in Bitcoin for speculative purposes and having
a working Lightning Network won´t change the fact that they aren´t invested in Bitcoin
in order to make cheap payments.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 02:43:36 PM

No, no , no because I don't have any Bitcoin cash and i stand a slim chance of getting my
Bitcoin Gold because I was clueless and trusted Coinbase to hold my coins during the fork. 

hahah, so you don't include Bitcoin Cash just because you don't own any? That's not very objective! Unfortunately, your personal holdings will not determine the future success of any single coin.

The Lightning Network isn´t even developed by the Bitcoin Core developers. The people behind the Lightning Network
are a different team.

Yes, of course, but LN has been used to process Bitcoin transactions recently. Are you saying you don't think it will be implemented full time for Bitcoin?

If the people on this thread are anti-Bitcoin, where are you moving your coins to?
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:46:15 PM

Hey All,

BTC dominance has fallen to 37% from 70% since last 1 months itself. This is a sign that major altcoins are overshadowing the importance of bitcoin. But does this means end of bitcoin? I don't think so. Its low merely because the price of bitcoin is falling and investors feel it is better to invest in other options like IOTA and XRP which have much more potential grow than to invest in BTC.
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

Btc is the reserve currency for every other alts and ether has become the second one so in order for a coin to get the rank 1 it needs too much time and too much investment, it is not impossible but it is very hard
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:59:14 PM

"Bitcoin vs the rest"

Nothing comes even close to BTC because of our savior Foreign Agent S-M from Japan
engineered a system where Billions of $$$ of hardware was sold to miners in the new CPU war that has been created
and 90KWN to process 250 bytes of data is keeping my friends in big oil nice and happy.

Transaction fees jump from $0.10 at the start of the year to $45.00 plus brings joy
to my eyes but we are doing gods work and jesus told you that gambling was a sin
2000 years ago so see it as part of your salvation.

Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

Hey All,

I do not believe it. Most of altcoin buyers are investor, they are not really use those altcoin for transaction to buy goods or service. Most of us prefer like to use bitcoin although a few people are choose ETH for small transaction. People who use ETH will miss the  increasing price of BTC BITCOIN BTC

Jaron80 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:05:37 PM

How do you measure "dominance"? What does "fall to 20%" represent? Fall to 20% of what?

I am talking about bitcoin dominance on the total crypto market.
At the start of the month bitcoin dominated the crypto market cap with 65%.
Today the dominance has fallen to 38%.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:07:05 PM

Hey All,

I think bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin in 2018
because bitcoin cash is the same as bitcoin (BTC)
people already familiar with bitcoin, so I guess it's not hard for bitcoin cash to take over market dominance from bitcoin

None of the altcoins will give the fight back with the bitcoin at anytime. Whatever coins they will consider as altcoin only and they will start with the initial value and then only grows in the price chart. Moreover they will not competite with the bitcoin market place supply and coin circulation.

I do not know the BCH value will be grows in the chart. They are just giving trouble to the mining side only not completely doing anything to bitcoin from the time it splitted.
Jaron80 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:08:23 PM

Hey All,

BTC dominance has fallen to 37% from 70% since last 1 months itself. This is a sign that major altcoins are overshadowing the importance of bitcoin. But does this means end of bitcoin? I don't think so. Its low merely because the price of bitcoin is falling and investors feel it is better to invest in other options like IOTA and XRP which have much more potential grow than to invest in BTC.

Yeah XRP is probably entering on Binance (there is a vote on it https://www.binance.com/vote.html) so if it enters it probably will shoot up.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:11:04 PM

bitcoin dominance will not fall below 99% for many many years.
the market cap percentage out of total however will be at 20% and much lower pretty soon.

all of them shitcoins with a huge premine and lots of coins unaccounted for but technically in circulation inflating their market cap

none of the altcoins.
unless you mean in market cap then Ripple is already #1 since it has 100 billion coins

There is a FOMO brewing...
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:12:19 PM

Hey All,

As time migration, then other altcoin may be closer to the currency, however, more and more countries in the world accept COINS, beyond the currency has become an impossibility.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jirene21

Activity: 140

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:13:34 PM

Hey All,

i think some other crypto currency might not be able to change bitcoin cause bitcoin is now known due to the social media not like other cryptocurrencies

degraff

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:21:39 PM

Hi,
I believe 2017 was BTC year, 2018 BTC will have a lot of challenges from altcoins and we can see this in price and dominance movement.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: