Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:20:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mytherwallet is hacked  (Read 845 times)
natasha-lev

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:19:33 PM

OMG. Those hackers annoy all crypto holders. But we need to keep our funds safe. We are the only responsible to keep our private keys safe.
I saw that one guy lost 500 kUSD. He was hacked. He wrote to police and they somehow identified a thief.
WeedGoW

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

My hacker attacks, how to protect my account.
I lost more than $ 3500, please help me!
Have a bare minimum system that has nothing on it. Install wallet and only use it for making a transfer.
Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:30:36 PM

My friend's account was hacked too, but it is totally his fault, and I think also as yours. You just have viruses on your pc or just won't keep safe your private key. It can be a lesson for you, you will be smarter next time.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:55:16 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 12:37:54 PM by mpufatzis

It seems your computer has been compromised. If you're using pirated copies of programmes or you download them from unknown resources, you have probably a trojan or keylogger in your system.
If you make many transactions it's better to buy a ledger/nano.
The other option would be using a dedicated PC for sending coins, Myetherwallet is a great program it worths using it,. but not in a compromised computer.
Unfortunately, many of us have made the same mistake...
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:00:43 PM

It seems your computer has been compromised. If you're using pirate copies of programms or you download them from unknown resaurces , you have propably a troyan or keylogger in your system.
If you make many transactions it's better to buy a ledger/nano.
An other option would be using a dedicated PC for sending coins, Myetherwallet is a great program it worths using it,. but not in a compromised computer.
Unfortunately many of us have made the same mistake...
As you said there maybe virus attack on the system or you may clicked some scam email which can copy the details of clipboard so we always have to keep our system with junk free apps and if possible keep a separate system for cryotocurrency usage and connect to internet only when you are going to make transaction.
But there is no way to hack the private key of MEW because it is one of the most popular and safest wallet available for ethereum and tokens.The only way to havk your wallet by accessing your private keys.
K0korap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:03:50 PM

I don't think that the security of etherwallet is compromised rather you were directed to an unofficial website to which you entered your pricate address. This is what they are doing right now.

ciacio84

Activity: 258
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:11:53 PM

Did you import the etherdelta account? Or maybe you've caught a virus ... or you've typed the secret key by mistake on some online site ... However, I'm very sorry for you I understand your anger !!
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:12:11 PM

I think you have neglected and told your private key to the public. I think this is the main cause of so many cases about theft of a wallet. you should be more careful again for the future. Protect your computer from viruses and keep you always careful
jawatulen

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

use hardware wallet, for example ledger nano s,,
and this is the safe way to protect your crypto from hacker
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280

Araw ICO

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:15:25 PM

tell me but if you buy an inexpensive smartphone and use it only to  the wallet, will it be safe? or are there other options yet?

RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:16:27 PM

It seems you visited some phising site. My personal advice, please use Metamask to login into Myetherwallet. Or try buy a hardware wallet like Ledger nano or trezor. For further preventive, you may also install some web browser addon like https everywhere or Cryptonite.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:17:31 PM

Change this thread title, myetherwallet wasn't hacked at all. You got hacked/phished unfortunately.
Pertor

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:23:24 PM

I understand that Ledger Nano S is a hardware wallet, it can also support Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, as well as other currencies, you can see on the official website.
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:24:11 PM

I think no one can help you get ETH back. Your computer has been hacked and now you need to be careful not to repeat this again.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:27:57 PM

I am just hearing this for the first time. I believe myetherwallet is well secured, maybe you did something wrong on your own. However, you can get hardware wallet or use paper wallet. That one is safe and at same time cheap

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:01:05 PM

How on earth people can help you if the fund is moved. The only one can help you is your self by making another mew wallet then keep secret key safe. Or buy offline wallet like open ledger or something. And also dont forget always double check url it could be your old secret key has been compromised through phising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: