Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:14:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer funds from Paper wallet with Mnemonic phrase  (Read 91 times)
nicolaslondon90 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:49:58 PM

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the ether cards and loaded them with ETH. Scratching the surface to get the private key, I get a 12 words mnemonic phrase.

To upload those funds onto a wallet (such as Jaxx) I need the private key, but in another format.

Do you guys know how I should proceed? I was thinking that I should get my private key from my mnemonic phrase, but how can one do that?

Thank you

Nicolas

lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:54:16 PM

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the ether cards and loaded them with ETH. Scratching the surface to get the private key, I get a 12 words mnemonic phrase.

To upload those funds onto a wallet (such as Jaxx) I need the private key, but in another format.

Do you guys know how I should proceed? I was thinking that I should get my private key from my mnemonic phrase, but how can one do that?

Thank you

Nicolas

You will need a tools such as this one https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html here you chose the length of your mnemonic and simply type words and it will generate you various key pairs (chose ethereum for your case). For safety and security reasons - if you intend to use your old addresses I'll advise you to run this tool offline by downloading this page --> right click it and do save page as. This is open source tool which is great, I like them because this tool supports many cryptocurrencies, not just ethereum which makes it eay for me to create cold storage for multiple coins straight away.
nicolaslondon90 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:11:47 PM

thanks very clear. Why better to do offline, in case a hacker gets the key?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: