Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:13:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Trust (concept)  (Read 88 times)
jerrimu (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 05:14:20 PM

I've been thinking a lot about PoS and masternodes lately and I think I may have come up with a unique approach(fill me in if I am incorrect).

Set a minimal amount needed to stake, in this example 100 coins.  As time passes, a number(trust number) is created based on the amount deposited multiplied by the time bonus. So with a time bonus of .001 daily a 100 coin node would have a higher trust score(171.2) than a brand new 170 coin node(170). This trust number is the weight given in votes as well as governing fees received.

Two nodes can perform an instant off-chain transfer, queuing the information for transcription to the chain. Nodes chosen must have a sufficient deposit to cover the transfer. Nodes will be chosen by the system on a geographic basis, limited by the trust score requested by the sender. Node owners may choose to forward all fees earned to a wallet, the deposit, or any combination of thee two.

Ideally fees would cap at no more than 15-20% above non-instant on-chain transactions.  Capped fees will incentivize node owners to reach a high score, but levels the playing field for the upper echelons so that the network doesn't become centralized. In my head it was always a hybrid PoW/PoT system, but I guess it could stand alone.

Any thoughts or criticism welcome, if this is something that has been implemented elsewhere, sorry, couldn't find anything in my readings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: