Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who day trades and who is a holder?  (Read 207 times)
Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:18:22 PM

I'm a full blown HODLER!  Cool

Mainly because I failed trading when I first started crypto, but also now because after lots of research, I found projects I love... I even started a community page https://lbry.community   Cool

That's the best way... HODL and join the community of a coin you like.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:41:14 PM

You trade during the day if you have a lot of time to follow the market and have knowledge in analyzing candlestick charts to decide on the investment. You will be a holder if you do not have much capital and what you need is to watch and study carefully the pennies you want to invest, invest in and keep some time, this helps you harder in Watching the market for hours and less psychological pressure.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:58:04 PM

I am not a day trade, I only trade  if there are good chnace I am making profit, recently I am quite active in trading because alt coin price is in a good track, before that  I am a holder, I can hold my coin for years, but in crypto you need  to be flexible in order to gain profit, so I think when you already long involve in crypto, you will become both trader and holder
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:15:52 PM

I do consider myself as a daily trader and holder as well  to combine them is optimal I think.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:20:32 PM

I would say that I am just a HODLer. It's quite hard to day trade and scary as well. The risk is extremely high and there is a greater chance to lose money than to gain some if you don't know much about what you are doing or you are not an expert at it. I have a friend who lost about 9 bitcoins just day trading though I would say that he has a lot of bitcoins for trading so I think that's not much to lose but he gains about the same amount in day trading.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:20:38 PM

I am holding neo , gas,  iota, waves,  nxt and cardano.
For day trades I play with eth, btc and usd.

Smiley
By day trade I mean literally trading atleast 5 days of the week and by holder I mean holding coins for 3 months or MORE.....

I consider myself a little bit of both.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Cryptolead

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:34:22 PM

I think that if a trader inside the day you can call someone who keeps a coin one day, then most of us are trading Holders).
After all, a trader within a day is a concept from forex, where his specificity, his rules, his commission for an unclosed deal, etc.)
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:49:35 PM

I am a holder I've been holding my bitcoin for almost 2 months now and I am planning to sel them maybe at the end of January 2018. I'm still on the process of learning trading because I have planned to do a dau trading in 2018 I want to know if I am good on it or if I could be lucky enough to produce more income in trading rather than holding.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:43:10 AM

I am a holder I've been holding my bitcoin for almost 2 months now and I am planning to sel them maybe at the end of January 2018. I'm still on the process of learning trading because I have planned to do a dau trading in 2018 I want to know if I am good on it or if I could be lucky enough to produce more income in trading rather than holding.
Excuse me sir, I am sorry to ask you about this question but I really wanna ask. What coin do you holding ? And what make you so sure to hold until the end of January 2018 ? Right now I'm just brave holding Bitcoin only, I dare not to hold Altcoin or other cryptocurrency because I do not know what Altcoin I should hold and how long I have to hold. I can hold Bitcoin for a long time and I hope I can get a lot of profit from Bitcoin. I also dare not take risks and do trading. I do not like do research and price analysis of a currency. I just dare to hold the famous cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:29:43 AM

I choose to become holder than day trading because this is more easy than day trading, day trading is unpredictable job and sometimes miss big profit because too early sell. Only hold some coin that has strong in fundamental so that not too much consuming time because just learn about fundamental analyis and then buy that coin and hold it a few month. This easy strategy possible to make more than 10 times profit in a couple month.

fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:34:15 AM

I'm trading less and less, and this is making me more and more money. Cool

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:36:06 AM

You  ant necessarily say that day treader needs to trade 5 days a week it really depends on the strategy of the trader, i usually trade 3-5 times a week depending on the situation. Also i hold some coins that i think has great potential in the future.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:39:18 AM

Im a holder some coins for 3-5 coins in my portfolio. When Ive search some coins that is worth investment I hold it until I can grow my btc. Because holding these coins I feel the price will hit my target, those who choose day trader is also good as long you know how to manage your portfolio.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:00:33 AM

By day trade I mean literally trading atleast 5 days of the week and by holder I mean holding coins for 3 months or MORE.....

I consider myself a little bit of both.

I am a holder, im afraid in day trading because that's too risky i mean in one week the coin can double the price if you hold ,so for me its better to hold .but if you can manage day trading the go for the two.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 10:01:49 AM

I'm trading less and less, and this is making me more and more money. Cool

The fuck you talking about mate? Trading helps you make money but I think you mean to say that holding helps to make money too.

In that case I would agree and disagree at the same time. In case you are one of the early adopters of bitcoin around back in 2009 or 2010 then hodling has been profitable today. However there are many other altcoins to put your money into at the moment and most of the top 10 altcoins in coinmarketcap (except BCH and possibly one more) are worth investing money into.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
gowron24

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:08:04 AM

Day trading needs skill and time and practice. COnsidering the rising market cap of digital currency in general, setting your sight s on a good project, investing in it and hodling seems like a good choice. but who knows when (and if!) the bubble will burst, right? Day traders will see that coming soner than hodlers for sure.
Faruque312

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 11:42:38 AM

i am holders , day trading is very risky , i already lost my money for day trading, so i thought i should leave from it. Cause i bought xrp when it 2$ then last few month its going very down. then i sold it in almost 50 sent, but now xrp going high if i hold this then i cant lose, thats why i love holders,

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: