Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:28:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Active Trading and Secuirty - Multi-coin Wallets/Private Keys  (Read 115 times)
jlspartz (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:44:27 PM

I'm a pretty active trader with multiple types of coins, much like anyone else in this altcoin subforum.  I'm looking to reduce security risk.  Has anyone come up with a good way to have access to their altcoin's private keys and be able to trade them without too much hassle.  I was looking at Ledger Nano, but it will only support so many coins.  Do you have a hardware wallet for larger cap coins and then run VMs with wallets for each of the others?  I'm looking into signing up to more exchanges to have access to more types of coins, but trusting smaller exchanges to keep funds safe for you is a huge risk I'm not comfortable with.  Any suggestions?
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:49:52 PM

I'm a pretty active trader with multiple types of coins, much like anyone else in this altcoin subforum.  I'm looking to reduce security risk.  Has anyone come up with a good way to have access to their altcoin's private keys and be able to trade them without too much hassle.  I was looking at Ledger Nano, but it will only support so many coins.  Do you have a hardware wallet for larger cap coins and then run VMs with wallets for each of the others?  I'm looking into signing up to more exchanges to have access to more types of coins, but trusting smaller exchanges to keep funds safe for you is a huge risk I'm not comfortable with.  Any suggestions?
Currently there is no existing wallet that holds most of the alts,only the top CMC are listed in hardwallets,you are correct small exchanges have more risks than major exchanges,the best way is to hold your coins in major exchanges.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: