Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer using 100% cpu, 780mb ram, and doing nothing help  (Read 675 times)
rudyauction509 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:53:26 AM

I have tried every setting I can find on the internet, even loaded it so i could enter data manually, as soon as I enter my pasword it freezes and uses 100% of my cpu, as shown in task manager, and climbs to 780mb ram, where it runs out of available ram and my computer locks up. Clean windows vista install (6 hours old!!!) sp1 32 bit, geforce 9800gt, nothing else running. Guiminer just says connecting and task manager shows it loads cgminer and the same thing happens. Whats going on here?Huh??  I've been cpu mining for 2 weeks now without a problem, just paid $30 for this card and none of the available programs work. Reaper says incompatible with my version of windows, it was for vista 32 bit... I've been at this for 6 hours now and am getting really pi***d off so please tell me what could be happening. My username and password are correct, no other computers are using it, my internet connection is good (I'm typing this right?) my pool settings are correct so what else could cause the problem???
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:32:00 AM

What pool are you using? It might be down. Slush's been going up and down the last 24hours.

Don't use GUIMiner to load CGMiner, use only 1 of the miners.

If you want to use CG just create a batch file add the following:
Code:
cgminer -o http://pool:port -u USERID -p PASSWD -I 10 -d 0

If you want to use GUI Miner its easy.
Install/Unzip
Open GUIMiner
>Go to File (on top menu)
>>Go to "New Miner" ->click "New OpenCL miner..."

>Window will PopUp "New Miner<
Put a name you want for that Miner

Under Server:
select your pool

Under Username:
add your username. some pools like Slush's you need to add your Account User and Worker name. for example:  JohnD.worker1

Password:
will be the worker password

For CPU Affinity:
Select 0, if you plan to mine Bitcoin as mining use GPU now.

If you need help, on creating a batch file let me know or more help ill do the best I can. Just provide me with more details on what you have pool, ect...

Also I recommend using BFG Miner instead of CG. -BFG Miner is like CG even the batch file is almost the same. just change cgminer to bfgminer.

BFG is ASIC compatible right out of the box.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: