Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:09:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Advice for BTC  (Read 843 times)
drdanishkhan (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:35:24 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 01:20:38 PM by drdanishkhan

I am a doctor currently employed at JNMCH Aligarh India.. Ask me anything and i will try to answer all your queries and doubts.. If you find my advice helpful tip me.. Plain and simple..  Grin

Edit. I donot have specialization in any medical branch yet (will be writing the PG exams soon) but have interest and useful knowledge in the field of surgery orthopaedics and general medicine..

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:04:57 AM

Fly that plane!
drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:40:53 AM

Would love to.. sorry for the spelling error..

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:56:25 AM

Are there any treatment methods available to proactively control brain waves? I dont ask as someone who wants to reach other planes or some crap. This is more along the lines of helping people I know that have anxiety issues, all the research I have read implies that for people suffering from PTSD have issues moving out of Beta waves. Is there a way to force/push them into Alpha/Theta waves to assist with their anxiety?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:15:49 PM

Respected sir,

There are many methods both pharmaceutical as well as induction and therapy.. The majority of the cases suffer from aute depression  and for these cases here in India we prescribe SSRI and NSSRI.. These are anti anxiety drugs.. Most commonly used are Fluoxetin and Alprazolam.. The drug effectively calms the patient but has to be taken on year long basis as it has a very severe withdrawal effect..

Other methods less often used are the use of electric currents as in Electro convulsive therapy which effectively alters the EEG pattern.. However it has its own side effects.. There is also the use of music as a therapy for alteration of brain waves but is not routinely practiced here in India so I donot have knowledge regarding that..

Regarding PTSD.. Here in India the main stay treatment is psychiatric counselling and the use of the above mentioned drug and careful monitoring of the patient..

Hope that answered your question.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 01:58:31 PM

cool idea! why not setup an ask.fm to keep the order?

drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:01:02 PM

Sir i dont know what that would mean.. New to the world of bitcoin and forums  Cheesy
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

jasinlee

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a more permanent solution like the Prazosin trials from a few years ago, there were several trials for heart medications that helped cause the more intense memories to become "fuzzy". Do you know if any further research has been done with these drugs? They appear to effect the adrenaline that made the memory so intense in the first place. I have not seen any new developments on it. Also, do you think a form of EMF could be used in the same way as electroshock therapy but without the side effects? There are lots of "odd" subjects I have looked into in this field and was wondering if any of them would hold water on the medical side.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:31:04 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a more permanent solution like the Prazosin trials from a few years ago, there were several trials for heart medications that helped cause the more intense memories to become "fuzzy". Do you know if any further research has been done with these drugs? They appear to effect the adrenaline that made the memory so intense in the first place. I have not seen any new developments on it. Also, do you think a form of EMF could be used in the same way as electroshock therapy but without the side effects? There are lots of "odd" subjects I have looked into in this field and was wondering if any of them would hold water on the medical side.

Respected Sir
I am not a psychiatrist so i don't have any practical knowledge regarding the latest trials or methods of treatment being advanced in the area.. what i described are the modalities used for a routine patient showing signs of PTSD..
Secondly regarding the use of EMF.. It is highly controversial and the results haven't really generated much enthusiasm.. so the current modality of electro convulsive therapy is still the main stay..
I can however inquire from the senior residents in Psychiatry regarding the advances if they have come across any in seminars or workshops..

jasinlee

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:08:34 PM

Thank you, its difficult to find someone who even knows what I am talking about on these subjects. Most of the medical professionals I have spoken to about my questions in the USA show how focused their studies are and that they never really expanded on their research beyond finding ways to diagnose based upon symptoms rather than finding solutions.

drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:12:58 PM

Unfortuantely medical sciences are degrading around the world. People are more focussed on treating the symptoms rather than finding the etiology behind the symptoms and essentially curing the patient.. i certainly hope i have been of assistance. Its always good to share and acquire knowledge. Especially in our vast field..
Hope i helped.

jasinlee

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:39:17 PM

My train of logic (I have no medical background I just read a lot. Do not take this as medical advice anyone this is just my conclusions after talking to some psychiatrists.)

Most mental illness appears to be related to each other IE ADD, ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, etc and they all seem to branch from anxiety for various reasons.

Acting on the assumption that anxiety is the problem is where I started my reading. Each person I spoke to in the mental health field seem to think everyone has whatever issue they studied up on most or wrote a thesis on in college/university. This bias opinion system seems to hurt more people than I can count from the research I have done most people are misdiagnosed or given wrong medication daily because of it.

Anxiety = root of the issue

To treat anxiety you would have to find a way to lower the wave rate thus pushing people into another "state" of mind (not in like the mediation way of thinking) but more along the lines of more rational thought instead of a person being in mania.

The only methods I could find that would effect any of this would be:
1. Medication (Treat the symptoms only.)
2. Electric Convulsive Therapy (But this generates lots of other problems.)
3. EMF which I cannot seem to locate any real side effects for, but in theory this appears to allow a person to at will push the waves into alpha/theta to avoid an anxiety attack.
4. Prazosin, appears to treat the root PTSD cause indirectly and with a very short dosage time period. This appears to be the optimal route as EMF is not something you can go to the doctor and have performed upon you. (There are other drugs similar with this effect and the side effects would not be permanent for such a short time period ~1-2 weeks)

Those would be the 4 items I would like you to ask them about though, it seems like a more permanent solution would make more sense. Rather than ruining a persons liver, kidneys, etc for the rest of their life with a medication that is not necessary if they had just tried another treatment method beforehand.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:58:02 AM

Is there a way to force/push them into Alpha/Theta waves to assist with their anxiety?

I have been using the MindSpa for about 5 years and absolutely love it. No issues with PTSD, etc. just general mind hacking. But you may find it useful.

drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:51:00 AM

Well this kind of therapy has been used before but is not mainstream because it is only helping a patient achieve relaxation short term and help him reduce his anxiety.. well this can be achieved using medication also which has proven effects.. What we need is to help the patient overcome the cause of the stress which can be done only by the use of counselling and observation..

drdanishkhan (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:56:26 AM

Any other question fellow bitcoiners.. always happy to assist you..  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: