Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Bitcoin's main challenges be for January?  (Read 391 times)
wielkiemonety (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:44:24 AM

We've had a lot of things happen in 2017, and now that it's 2018.. What will the main challenges be for January? And for the whole year be? Will we meet a goal like $25K, or will we have multiple forks this year again to crush the qualms?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:01:24 AM

Boredom, alt pump hangovers, tax season in the US. I expect it'll be a pretty dull month more down than up. January has rarely been a juicy month.

The forks are becoming ever more scammy and brazen. It's now last year's piss take.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:23:53 AM

The main problems of bitcoin for January of the already begun year is the elimination of its shortcomings: it is slowness and high cost of transactions. These problems must be solved by bitcoin before developing and growing further in price. Without solving these problems, bitcoin will have to be very difficult.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:53:33 AM

We've had a lot of things happen in 2017, and now that it's 2018.. What will the main challenges be for January? And for the whole year be? Will we meet a goal like $25K, or will we have multiple forks this year again to crush the qualms?

I am sure that the year 2018 will be so challenging for Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community. Will Bitcoin surge or die this year...am sure many people have been asking that same question especially if they have a stake in Inhibitor and wishing that it can continue on growing in value after the Big Dip we experienced in December. I think the main challenge for Bitcoin this January is coming up with a blueprint on what to do with the scalability issue so that transaction fees can go down. We will see what will really transpire in the Bitcoin scene. Right now, we can only hope and speculate.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:58:25 AM

Main challenge for bitcoin is lightning network. If it will be done, we easily seen price at 20k again

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
thebanker28

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:16:51 AM

Looking at bitcoin challenges in a month is a very short window. Bitcoin is a long term thing and a month will come and go and be forgotten. The challenges will be sorted out - eventually - they always have - and as far as I can tell they always will. I wouldnt bet against bitcoin.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:24:44 AM

I think that Bitcoin's main challenges for January will be the heavy processing time of the transactions. After that, the sky is the limit for bitcoin. It would be nice if we could go back to a time where transactions could be sent within a few minutes for a few cents.

Also, the price really needs to stabilize before anything rational decisions can be made by companies to adopt it as a payment method.

Main challenge for bitcoin is lightning network. If it will be done, we easily seen price at 20k again

I too can agree on this and I see this as the only option for bitcoin to grow.

Smiley
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

The main problems while at bitcoin are two - slowness, transaction hanging and the high cost of commission fees for their conduct. If bitcoin manages to solve these problems, then he will easily achieve the predicted many rates at the end of this year 2018 at 35 000 - 40 000 dollars. If these shortcomings are not eliminated, bitcoin may lose the leader of the crypto currency in the near future.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 07:22:55 AM

The main challenge, and therefore biggest goal for Bitcoin in 2018 should be: Adoption, Adoption, Adoption.

How do we do that?

We hope for a stable price. We don't need giant gains (although hitting $25k would be cool), we just need to stay steady. Why? To prove that this isn't some bubble to be popped and forgotten.

We, as in all of us that believe in this project, need to start talking to more people about it. It's easy to talk to merchants about it. When you buy something, ask "do you accept Bitcoin?"...and if they say yes, be ready to pay in Bitcoin! That way you don't annoy your friends and family with the same talk AND incite interest among the people who have a broader connection to people in your community.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:35:07 AM

I think the main challenge that BTC will face in 2018 is the recovery to back up. and that's hard, because some users have lost confidence. then many good altcoins are expected to catch up with bitcoin. and many more.
but I am sure, it can all be solved. and bitcoin will reach over $ 25k.
about fork, I do not know. but probably more fork this year

lasry

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:48:00 AM

The main problems of bitcoin for January of the already begun year is the elimination of its shortcomings: it is slowness and high cost of transactions. These problems must be solved by bitcoin before developing and growing further in price. Without solving these problems, bitcoin will have to be very difficult.
i want to emphasize the slowness and high cost of transactions. It just got worse, sad thing is no one does the regulation. And it just got out of control. I feel disappointed with what just happened. From being the ideal cryptocurrency it has become hard to use.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
rphk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:10:05 AM

Main thing on bitcoin is it is reached record high level , now it is the correction period for bitcoin, And also main challenges from alternative coins , alt coins also growing up faster , people are more interested now a days on alt coin as bitcoin transaction fees is very high now a days compared to earlier , but still there is hope as bitcoin is the main crypto currency and has gained more popularity globally than alt coins.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:17:17 AM

last night I read somewhere that five worst things that marked bitcoin technology in 2017 were: 1. bitcoin cash creation 2. Segwit rolled out  3. Bitcoin forked again 4. Segwit2x cancellation 5. transaction fees went too expensive........from all stated here high transaction fees affect me and my business most. I guess that all of us *small players* suffer lot from high fees. Buying a regular coffee with btc nowadays is scary (fee around 40$).
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:36:32 AM

These challenges can negatively impact bitcoin. It can cause the bitcoin to go down instead of moving up. I think it's hard to get a bitcoin up to $ 25,000 because it's a difficult target to achieve.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:09:22 PM

I think in this year bitcoin will handle all its challenges because all the challenges will be same like last year and it’s also confirm that bitcoin will also fact it soon because bitcoin know that thousands of people are waiting for bitcoin so bitcoin will not only accept them but a lot it will start to give them a profit bitcoin have now learned a lot of things from market and it know very well how to handle the situation so no need to worry about anything.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 05:17:35 PM

The answer to this is pretty obvious if you have been following the news surrounding Bitcoin, one word: scaling.
I imagine we'll soon see some more implementations of Lightning Network popping up.

Another thing I'm personally interested in are Schorr signatures, I think it's the best next thing to implement after Segwit.
Schorr signatures will further reduce transaction sizes by more than 25%

Here's a pretty good article that explains it:
https://medium.com/@SDWouters/why-schnorr-signatures-will-help-solve-2-of-bitcoins-biggest-problems-today-9b7718e7861c

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:20:59 PM

Probably the biggest challange thjat bitcoin faces this jaunanry and this year in general is transactions and altcois, since bitcoin became so popular after its recent grolwth the transaction time has started to become much slower, and that is due to the fact that the number of miners in the bitcoin network has decreased and this lead eventually to the fees going up as well, with the other cryptocurrencies having a much lower fee and price, a fast transaction time and minor fee price, investors finds them better than bitcoin at the moment and a huge future profit, so if the bitcoin does not adapt to these new challanges, we might see it starting to fall.
ritsel02

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:29:34 PM

Indeed, hopefully this 2018 bitcoin will solve this problems because as I have observed that there's a lot of transactions being stuck and I even have a stuck transaction as well,being accelerated twice yet still didn't received it. Hopefully bitcoin transaction will be sent smoothly with lower fees starting this year.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:35:09 PM

I think 2018 is the year of crypto, everyone will be running around trying to find the next big coin, bitcoin will steadily rise up to an amount that would have seemed unimaginable only a year ago.

If you are in crypto now there should be no reason why you should not profit in 2018.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:39:59 PM

To battle volatility and maintain the support by people to prevent a major downfall in the price. Bitcoin will also need to help other crypto's to grow as well so as to battle peak points and continue breaking boundaries.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: