Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Lee Litecoin Sale Saga  (Read 101 times)
coinbureau (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:18:12 AM

As many may know, Charlie Lee sold all his remaining Litecoin about a week ago in order to remove any "conflicts of interest" that there may be.

Many people in the Litecoin community viewed this as Charlie dumping his coins and leaving Litecoin when it was at the peak of its success. However, could they merely be mistaken in their assessment?

https://www.coinbureau.com/news/debate-continues-litecoin-community-charlies-sale/

After all, Satoshi "left" the Bitcoin community after he wrote the white paper and let the open source community take over and develop out the project. Is this not what Charlie is allowing Litecoin to do? Is it not shortsighted to assume that Litecoin is 100% inextricably tied to him?
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:47:26 AM

When Charlie Lee is going to leave Litecoin community, I was shocked, but when I saw he sold all Litecoin, I think this is normal phenomenon, have no interest, why do you want to continue to develop?

habaratbu

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:53:43 AM

I dont think he sold of his holdings if he did that the LTC's price would crash but it didnt happen.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: