Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My ether wallet/exodus - Cant unlock wallet with ETH private key  (Read 145 times)
holodroid (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:25:59 AM

Hi all,

I am new in crypto things and I have problem with send my altcoins from Binnance and Poloniex to my Exodus wallet.

I bougth some altcoins and most of them are in ERC20 token standard. I tryed unlock my Ethereum wallet with myetherwallet and private key which was exported from Exodus. But with private key is not possible unlock my wallet. I simple placed exported string in this window:

https://ibb.co/mi3Pbb

but I dont see "unlock button".

I tryed unlock my wallet with word phrase and its work. But after login string in "account adress" is different like in Exodus when i click on receive button. I thing this is wrong, adress must be the same or not?

Its for me alot of new things... Can anybody help me, and tell me what is wrong? Thx Karel
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

It should be if you have a private key, you can access your myetherwallet account. This is a problem that often happens if we use a wallet from a third party. I prefer munggunakan official wallet that is myetherwallet and I think more secure than other wallets.
habaratbu

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:02:08 AM

only use mew wallets in myetherwallet.com just to be safe,malwares and phishing accounts can replace your address so always use metamask.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:33:21 AM

Hi all,

I am new in crypto things and I have problem with send my altcoins from Binnance and Poloniex to my Exodus wallet.

I bougth some altcoins and most of them are in ERC20 token standard. I tryed unlock my Ethereum wallet with myetherwallet and private key which was exported from Exodus. But with private key is not possible unlock my wallet. I simple placed exported string in this window:

https://ibb.co/mi3Pbb

but I dont see "unlock button".

I tryed unlock my wallet with word phrase and its work. But after login string in "account adress" is different like in Exodus when i click on receive button. I thing this is wrong, adress must be the same or not?

Its for me alot of new things... Can anybody help me, and tell me what is wrong? Thx Karel
It looks you are exporting the wrong privatekey, you may need to check it again and then you must try to follow a correct step about how the export your private key and remember you can try to compare the result of your privatekey with the privatekey that already generated from myetherwallet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: