Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXPOSING PHENIXCOIN: The hype and possible scam  (Read 18201 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:32:15 PM

Nice avatar  Grin

Fixed  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

It is funny how John(?) doesn't reply to any criticism.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:05:13 PM

If they answering they keep these things alive. So I guess they leave criticism unanswered and let these threads sink.
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:06:39 PM

If they answering they keep these things alive. So I guess they leave criticism unanswered and let these threads sink.

Let these threads sink is rude. Gentlemen don't do that.

NWO

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:07:31 PM

We'll ensure that doesn't happen  Wink

He avoided a direct question on a similar topic from myself last month when he challenged OTHER developers to answer questions about their own coins. Very tactful but people are becoming aware.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 05:45:53 PM

We'll ensure that doesn't happen  Wink

He avoided a direct question on a similar topic from myself last month when he challenged OTHER developers to answer questions about their own coins. Very tactful but people are becoming aware.
It's a scam  Cheesy Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

True, ostrich tactics rarely working very well against a determined opponent Smiley.
NWO

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:29:40 AM

bump for newbies  Grin
Bitsinmyhead (OP)

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:32:52 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 02:45:19 PM by Bitsinmyhead

I am starting to fear we might not hear more from the developers of this coin. I am also very disappointed that the "Official PR-team" (Joerii and nawazish1) has been so quiet lately.

Anyways, this thread is starting to lack in the hype-department so I am going to do something about that.

Within 24 hours I will make a new post showing more facts that will uncover that the PXC and UNOCS developer is not as "highly skilled" as he wants us to believe.

Once again, in the words of iamatrix (I'm just changing drop to go up):
"I do not think its going to go up to .0002 any time soon"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211165.msg2710214#msg2710214

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 12:06:02 PM by Disastrus

as an investor in all 3 unocs coins..and more..

I really don't get what you are trying to do here. I get some of your points...
And some still can be debated on and will have to show in time also.

But this is more and more looking as  a bit of a ridiculous crusade.
I invested also in these coins and others (quite heavily)
Dissapointment I also understand, but this I don't.

It seems to become an old women club here.
No offense, but there is nothing "noble" about this topic...
But if this makes you happy, then go for it. People love this stuff, sad, but true.

In the end people make mistakes and I for one will give it time to get better.
In these last months I have experienced way worse things than this with coins, so I am not so freaked out about this ...(yet)

If things turn out to be different...will you open up a topic to set things straight again as well?

I hope it turns out for you in some aspect.

* note

Why are there so many people reacting here that don't have anything to do with these coins?
because they are worried about our benifits?......nahh...

aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:12:39 PM

It makes me laugh every time I see this thread pop back up on the first page. But hey, if you got time to burn I guess why not. It's just funny because no one realizes that if a coin was actually to be used in the public as intended, less than 1% of actual users will ever even see threads like this because they don't visit forums, read about the ins and outs of the coin, etc. To me it seems more off a whiny sort of thread to complain about their feelings through facts.

There's been tons of scams run, it's nothing new. Yes I hold Phenixcoins, but that's my decision. I've been burned by other ordeals but I don't complain about it, it is what it is.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
NWO

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:21:22 PM

I am starting to fear we might not hear more from the developers of this coin. I am also very disappointed that the "Official PR-team" (MaGNeT and nawazish1) has been so quiet lately.

Anyways, this thread is starting to lack in the hype-department so I am going to do something about that.

Within 24 hours I will make a new post showing more facts that will uncover that the PXC and UNOCS developer is not as "highly skilled" as he wants us to believe.

Once again, in the words of iamatrix (I'm just changing drop to go up):
"I do not think its going to go up to .0002 any time soon"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211165.msg2710214#msg2710214

The 'old womans club' (aka educating the laymen) looks forward to reading your grand reveal!
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 12:39:11 PM

It makes me laugh every time I see this thread pop back up on the first page. But hey, if you got time to burn I guess why not. It's just funny because no one realizes that if a coin was actually to be used in the public as intended, less than 1% of actual users will ever even see threads like this because they don't visit forums, read about the ins and outs of the coin, etc. To me it seems more off a whiny sort of thread to complain about their feelings through facts.

There's been tons of scams run, it's nothing new. Yes I hold Phenixcoins, but that's my decision. I've been burned by other ordeals but I don't complain about it, it is what it is.

Serious investors don't read forums, they deal with facts and numbers. They don't complain, they sell and stay out. Phenixcoin hasn't delivered a single working project. They haven't completed the Bridge for UNOCS, it's 17 days past schedule. Their site says "Alpha - Penetration Testing" for a few days. It's not funny anymore.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:03:11 PM

Serious investors don't read forums, they deal with facts and numbers. They don't complain, they sell and stay out. Phenixcoin hasn't delivered a single working project. They haven't completed the Bridge for UNOCS, it's 17 days past schedule. Their site says "Alpha - Penetration Testing" for a few days. It's not funny anymore.

Since when was UNOCS Phenixcoin-specific?

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
NWO

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:26:08 PM

Since when was UNOCS Phenixcoin-specific?

With the extent of the premine and instamine on all three of these coins. Any smart investor who does his research (as google will lead them straight here) will not invest in a bunch of altcoins who tried to differentiate themselves on broken services/ scam (PXC), riding on a more popular coins name - big deal/ huge instamine (FTC) or just another clone with quicker, yet less secure transactions (WDC).

I would start preparing for the huge disappointment you will experience in a matter of hours/ days/ weeks/ months... It will hit you. I suggest you get some family members around and a bottle of scotch.
Bitsinmyhead (OP)

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:51:42 PM

I have received a PM from someone giving me additional information showing that the developer of PXC and UNOCS is not as "highly skilled" as he says he is, and that the pattern of lies, bad coding and broken promises is not something new.

Confirmation that the developer of PXC, Michael (iamatrix), is the same user as Mike69 at the gfy.com (NSFW) forums:
"Here is my MSN : michael at iamatrix dot com"
http://gfy.com/showpost.php?p=9584980&postcount=8

Now the fun begins as we can look into the history of this Mike69 user.

First hit on google for "mike69 gfy" is a thread titled:
Mike69 biggest ripoff programmer - GFY Webmaster Board
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=966290
I decided to write this thread finally after MANY attempts of getting hole of Mike69 to finish the project paid for. I understand that I should have looked into his reputation before dealing with him, but I was brand new to this business and very excited to see the outcome of the program.

About 1 1/2 years ago I was looking into purchasing a custom webcam program to be made COMPLETELY from scratch. After many detailed discussions on what the program would feature, and how he would also keep it up to date and add features for low prices he quoted us 10k. He agreed that the program would be fully functional with a admin area also. We decided to do a half now and pay the remainder when the program was finished. He said the whole project would take about 3-4 months max.

From the start Mike seemed like a genuine nice guy, and I thought he actually cared about the outcome of this project, and the quality of his work. He bragged about how he used to work for adult.com as the main programmer and how he is the best in the business, and how adult.com ripped him off so he decided to do his own freelance work. I was a newbie to this business and very naive so I believed him, not to mention he had his wife Tina backing him up the whole time.

We sent the first half (5k) to him provided him with everything he needed, dedicated server etc. For the next 2 months Mike went on about how he was working 12-16 hour days on our program, and had it almost finished. He showed me some basic screen shots of his progress along the way, it looked decent to me at the time, but I really didn't know anything about programming. His wife kept calling me everyday looking for more money (even though we sent the first 50%), she said that without the remainder he would have to take other work to pay the bills. We were very reluctant at first but she kept calling and making up excuses, so we paid of the 5k balance before the program was finished (one of the worse business mistakes I ever made).

Now the real horror story begins. Once the money was sent it was almost impossible to get a hold of him or his wife Tina (the past 4 months they had been calling every day looking for more money). I decided to show a friend of mine who is a mainstream php programmer everything he did for us so far. Within 10 minutes of my friend taking a look at the script, he said "you were ripped off", Mike sold us a non functional program he created in 1998. My friend told me that the code was so bad and old, that there was no point of even trying to fix it. I wrote Tina, and Mike about it (because they wouldn't pickup my calls) saying I was going to show everyone on GFY how you ripped me off. He contacted me within 5 minutes, and said he would re do the program and finish the admin area. I decided to give him another chance because really I had no other choice (it wasn't like these scam artist are going to refund our money). Months went by and nothing! He doesn't respond to my ICQ messages, or pickup my calls. I know they started a cam site called camgirlscorner (dot) com, and is working on a payment processor.

I know a lot of you are already aware of what a scumbag Mike69 is, and how I made a lot of obvious mistakes trusting these people, but I hope it might save a few people from getting scammed in the future.

Now to be fair it is a pretty long thread with some people supporting Mike. However, all this just sounds way too familiar to me. It is pretty much the same story as what has been exposed in my OP. Lots of promises, delays and broken time limits, fancy screenshots, but no working product, bad coding, more promises that everything is almost done etc.

When you start looking at more threads about this user, you find more of the same:

Mike69... What the Fuck??
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=838181
It's been well over five months since I hired you as a developer for my project. Two months ago I even doubled the agreed upon amount paid to you. Since then you've given me virtually nothing but excuses. Now you're ignoring me completely.

Another example of him not delivering:
So I bought some content from LexiLexxx and Mike69!
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=539601
Not gonna quote this one, but it is another example of Mike not delivering on his promises and making up excuses. (Should probably warn about it being NSFW Wink)

One more
MIKE69.........When are you going to give me my money?
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=591820

There is also a ton of threads around where people ask for Mike69 to get in touch with them. If I am going to speculate it is probably because he has gone MIA after starting some project for them.

Anyone seen Mike69?
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=406460

Mike69 Please CONTACT Me ASAP!
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=588373

Looking for Mike69
http://www.justblowme.com/showthread.php/10486-Looking-for-Mike69

Mike69
http://www.justblowme.com/showthread.php/13452-Mike69

Finally an interesting thread from his (former) wife. Not going to judge, read it yourself Wink

What happened to the post on Mike69?
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=146958

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:27:45 PM

even if this all was true...

what a mofo u are bitsinmyhead, this is nazi like stuff man...congratts...u have just been promoted to the gestapo.
nothing to do with coins anymore.

you have fucked up ethics dude....even if you think you are right.

a big FUCK U to you and your morals.

you completely lost me here...

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 10:28:38 PM

This thread is definently interesting and has quite some facts up in it's sleeve.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:36:52 PM

For your poker room diatribe, the reference link you posted shows the dev saying, "We are looking at full professional casino software right now, we will probably be swapping it out shortly.."

How is that ignoring the question? You asked them if they were coding the poker room themselves and they said they were looking at implementing casino software. I never had any problems cashing out/depositing/playing poker there.

As for the 10k PXC for the Google Docs, I believe that was justified. No one else took time out of their schedule to make a Docs exchange and iamatrix decided to donate some PXC to him for his troubles. He did not pay YCY to start the exchange.

Also, if you look down in your "Critics being censored" thread, you'll see iamatrix giving away thousands of PXC away so people can play poker. I call that altruism not bribery.

YCY has no connection to PXC whatsoever except for running a Docs exchange so I don't see why him scamming people should affect PXC negatively in any way.

As for the premine, I can't anything about it, but that also means you can't insinuate that the coins are used to benefit the devs and/or their friends. And seeing as how he's just giving them away to anyone who asks, I wouldn't think he's using the premine to make a profit (unless you are really insane and think the people he's giving them away to are his friends/family).

I would counter every argument that you've made so far but I don't have time. Your argument is weak and backed up by flimsy pieces of evidence that you stretched to fit your side of the story. It almost feels like every day, 10 new threads are made about how every new coin released is a scam. Kinda getting annoying now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
NWO

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:44:33 PM

I have received a PM from someone giving me additional information showing that the developer of PXC and UNOCS is not as "highly skilled" as he says he is, and that the pattern of lies, bad coding and broken promises is not something new.

Confirmation that the developer of PXC, Michael (iamatrix), is the same user as Mike69 at the gfy.com (NSFW) forums:
"Here is my MSN : michael at iamatrix dot com"
http://gfy.com/showpost.php?p=9584980&postcount=8

Now the fun begins as we can look into the history of this Mike69 user.

First hit on google for "mike69 gfy" is a thread titled:
Mike69 biggest ripoff programmer - GFY Webmaster Board
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=966290
I decided to write this thread finally after MANY attempts of getting hole of Mike69 to finish the project paid for. I understand that I should have looked into his reputation before dealing with him, but I was brand new to this business and very excited to see the outcome of the program.

About 1 1/2 years ago I was looking into purchasing a custom webcam program to be made COMPLETELY from scratch. After many detailed discussions on what the program would feature, and how he would also keep it up to date and add features for low prices he quoted us 10k. He agreed that the program would be fully functional with a admin area also. We decided to do a half now and pay the remainder when the program was finished. He said the whole project would take about 3-4 months max.

From the start Mike seemed like a genuine nice guy, and I thought he actually cared about the outcome of this project, and the quality of his work. He bragged about how he used to work for adult.com as the main programmer and how he is the best in the business, and how adult.com ripped him off so he decided to do his own freelance work. I was a newbie to this business and very naive so I believed him, not to mention he had his wife Tina backing him up the whole time.

We sent the first half (5k) to him provided him with everything he needed, dedicated server etc. For the next 2 months Mike went on about how he was working 12-16 hour days on our program, and had it almost finished. He showed me some basic screen shots of his progress along the way, it looked decent to me at the time, but I really didn't know anything about programming. His wife kept calling me everyday looking for more money (even though we sent the first 50%), she said that without the remainder he would have to take other work to pay the bills. We were very reluctant at first but she kept calling and making up excuses, so we paid of the 5k balance before the program was finished (one of the worse business mistakes I ever made).

Now the real horror story begins. Once the money was sent it was almost impossible to get a hold of him or his wife Tina (the past 4 months they had been calling every day looking for more money). I decided to show a friend of mine who is a mainstream php programmer everything he did for us so far. Within 10 minutes of my friend taking a look at the script, he said "you were ripped off", Mike sold us a non functional program he created in 1998. My friend told me that the code was so bad and old, that there was no point of even trying to fix it. I wrote Tina, and Mike about it (because they wouldn't pickup my calls) saying I was going to show everyone on GFY how you ripped me off. He contacted me within 5 minutes, and said he would re do the program and finish the admin area. I decided to give him another chance because really I had no other choice (it wasn't like these scam artist are going to refund our money). Months went by and nothing! He doesn't respond to my ICQ messages, or pickup my calls. I know they started a cam site called camgirlscorner (dot) com, and is working on a payment processor.

I know a lot of you are already aware of what a scumbag Mike69 is, and how I made a lot of obvious mistakes trusting these people, but I hope it might save a few people from getting scammed in the future.

Now to be fair it is a pretty long thread with some people supporting Mike. However, all this just sounds way too familiar to me. It is pretty much the same story as what has been exposed in my OP. Lots of promises, delays and broken time limits, fancy screenshots, but no working product, bad coding, more promises that everything is almost done etc.

When you start looking at more threads about this user, you find more of the same:

Mike69... What the Fuck??
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=838181
It's been well over five months since I hired you as a developer for my project. Two months ago I even doubled the agreed upon amount paid to you. Since then you've given me virtually nothing but excuses. Now you're ignoring me completely.

Another example of him not delivering:
So I bought some content from LexiLexxx and Mike69!
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=539601
Not gonna quote this one, but it is another example of Mike not delivering on his promises and making up excuses. (Should probably warn about it being NSFW Wink)

One more
MIKE69.........When are you going to give me my money?
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=591820

There is also a ton of threads around where people ask for Mike69 to get in touch with them. If I am going to speculate it is probably because he has gone MIA after starting some project for them.

Anyone seen Mike69?
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=406460

Mike69 Please CONTACT Me ASAP!
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=588373

Looking for Mike69
http://www.justblowme.com/showthread.php/10486-Looking-for-Mike69

Mike69
http://www.justblowme.com/showthread.php/13452-Mike69

Finally an interesting thread from his (former) wife. Not going to judge, read it yourself Wink

What happened to the post on Mike69?
http://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=146958

Mind blown  Shocked ... The poor sheep who gave into the UNOCS hype, a day of remembrance will be established. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: