Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin dominance  (Read 629 times)
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:39:49 PM

Bitcoin dominance is not very relevant regarding its price.
It had over 50% when the total number of altcoins in CoinMarketCap was ~1000. Now there are over 1300.

When there will be over 5000 altcoins, it will be hard to believe that one single coin can own 50% of the Total MarketCap, even if the BTC price will raise to 50k.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:46:28 PM

No matter what, bitcoin dominates the cryptocurrency market. The price of bitcoin is very high, the bitcoin's market is large, the number of bitcoin users is very much. Bitcoins are used in all trading platforms.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

currently bitcoin is indeed dominant in cryptocurrency, since bitcoin is a very long coin listed in various markets in cryptocurrency. so I think bitcoin can be used for any thing inside cryptocurrency and useful.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:22:46 PM

so far bitcoin fees went up because of many things including more adoption which is practically even more dominance, and more usage, and more spam attack. that meant a big pump of altcoins that used the opportunity to advertise and do a fake pump.
in the end none of them have yet exited the exchanges and pure speculation space. whereas bitcoin is actually used as a currency in the real world. the dominance doesn't get any bigger than that Wink

There is a FOMO brewing...
CryptoStats (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

:)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:24:16 PM

Dominance now is 34,4%

You think BTC will lose 1st place??

CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:35:09 PM

In connection with the fact that now it is profitable to trade in crypto currencies not bitcoin, but with other coins, that's why it turns out that bitcoin gives its positions in the market. Of course coins tied to bitcoin will support this rate, relative to the dollar, but I think that the time of huge sales and purchases of bitcoin is over and the era of altcoins is coming.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:38:36 PM

bitcoin price will go for new ATH AGAIN anytime.
i trust bitcoin and love bitcoin.
dont worry
Jashhh

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:49:07 PM

Ripple market cap is now 126 billion USD while bitcoin is 250. Is this the first time ever that an altcoin has had more than 50% of Bitcoin's worth?

Also, do you think BTC dominance will drop below 20% this month? Especially now since Eth and other altcoins are also going up.
Laurayaki

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:50:02 PM

It's a good thing bitcoin loses some of its dominance, it has too much impact on the alts market, so let's hope it lasts
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:40:49 PM

Bitcoin dominance is below 40%

Other altcoins gain dominance.

What do you think? It will correct like last year? I think we're going to have a big correction next days in altcoins price and market cap caused by an increase in btc price. But It will only recover 10-15% of dominance, not all.

The decrease in Bitcoin's dominance is not so surprising (for me) at all. More and more cryptocurrency are being in existence every month so the people are having more and more options. Mathematically speaking, when the base number increases, the part of the whole decreases in percentage and that would be the possible reason why Bitcoin's dominance is decreasing. However, people are just using the alts to increase their Bitcoin so sooner or later, the dominance will eventually increase.
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:14:44 PM

Btc doesn't need to have a huge dominamce. Every day tens of coins are created, ofcourse it's dominance is going to get smaller and smaller as time goes by
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:19:21 PM

Recently the btc dominance has fallen as the alts are storming especially ripple. I think that people are aiming for higher profits and turning back to btc has high opportunity cost.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:55:09 AM

Does anyone think it can go up to at least 50 percent?
pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:16:35 AM

Bitcoin dominance is below 40%

Other altcoins gain dominance.

What do you think? It will correct like last year? I think we're going to have a big correction next days in altcoins price and market cap caused by an increase in btc price. But It will only recover 10-15% of dominance, not all.

the price of the crypto currency is not always up there is a graph, today bitcoin down but next month bitcoin value will rise very high, it is necessary for other altcoin there is an increase
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

Bitcoin is now dominating other digital currencies and even real money. For some time now it has gained so much dominance and a lot of countries worldwide are buying into it. From the look of things it will dominate for a longer period.
I totally agree with you. No crypto currency will be able to get so many buyers. Bitcoin for a long time will be the leader among the rest of the crypto currency.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:18:34 PM

so far bitcoin fees went up because of many things including more adoption which is practically even more dominance, and more usage, and more spam attack. that meant a big pump of altcoins that used the opportunity to advertise and do a fake pump.
in the end none of them have yet exited the exchanges and pure speculation space. whereas bitcoin is actually used as a currency in the real world. the dominance doesn't get any bigger than that Wink
I doubt if there is a real usage of bitcoin as a currency. The network congestion have lead to high tx fees and have made BTC almost unusable for small tx. I only see LN as the only solution. Regarding altcoins, it would be wrong calling all of them useless. There are indeed many shit coins in the market. But you can't neglect the coins like ETH, NEO, DASH, CND, POWR, ZEC etc with real world utility.

Does anyone think it can go up to at least 50 percent?
Right now total cryptocurrency mcap is almost $750 billion. Till the time BTC reaches $27k, total mcap might reaches $900k, then yes btc will cross 50% of total mcap. It is indeed possible!
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

BTC dominance is decreased by some really good alts.This is good to see some coins are not only standing against the giant but competing with them.As far as bitcoin dominance is concern,even i also think it was for some time and now prices are already stabled.From this point i think again the prices will shot up and BTC will provide lots of return to investors,The old saying says that if lion takes two step back that doesn't mean he is afraid,it means he will attack you with double force and that exact i hope will happen with bitcoin.It will attain new heights in 2018.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:07:50 PM

Bitcoin is now dominating other digital currencies and even real money. For some time now it has gained so much dominance and a lot of countries worldwide are buying into it. From the look of things it will dominate for a longer period.
I totally agree with you. No crypto currency will be able to get so many buyers. Bitcoin for a long time will be the leader among the rest of the crypto currency.

Absolutely, not only because of its potential, also because people have to buy it first in order to buy some other Altcoins. Bitcoin is most easy to acquire/buy and thus making it top crypto currency for usage. But don't know about how long it will be holding its top position but surely no doubt for next 8-10 years its still No.1
Newbies are brought into this industry or sector by the Bitcoin only.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:09:34 PM

Bitcoin dominance is not very relevant regarding its price.
It had over 50% when the total number of altcoins in CoinMarketCap was ~1000. Now there are over 1300.

When there will be over 5000 altcoins, it will be hard to believe that one single coin can own 50% of the Total MarketCap, even if the BTC price will raise to 50k.

Yes exactly as the market gets more diluted with more coins BTC dominance is going to continue to slip. That is unless it is vastly superior and has a death grip above all other coins, we know this to be not true. Therefore it will lose some dominance now, re gather it back to 50-60% and sometime next year the dominance will slip further than it will at its peak now. It is only a natural progression, nothing to fear here people Smiley.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:17:26 AM

In my opinion the Bitcoin dominance will not recover to such level as they were.
More and more investors are turning to an alternative of the Bitcoin.
So, in my opinion, Bitcoin will remain the dominant but not as before.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: