Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:14:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when BTC reach its max supply?  (Read 248 times)
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 07:21:17 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 01:08:47 PM by mpufatzis

The truth is that neither ripple nor bitcoin has a use as a coin in our daily life.
There are (if any) few shops where you can buy using ripple and much more where you can use bitcoin.
But there is a problem. Bitcoin has high fees and few people use segwit addresses. You can't buy even a cup of coffee.
So (today) bitcoin is an asset, not a coin.
If bitcoin ever reaches it's maxed supply, it should worth a lot of money.
Imagine, the last Bitcoin will be mining for 6 years... 300000+ blocks to mine just 1 bitcoin.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:13:24 AM

People are comparing XRP with BTC and predicting that Ripple will replace Bitcoin in near future. I am not really agreed to this, It may be another Alt coin which can replace Bitcoin in future but the question is, what will happen when Bitcoin reaches its maximum supply?

Look pal, bitcoin is the gold of crypto currency, an i find it really impossible to be replaced by any other crypto currency. Specially xrp that is the opposite of the great ideologies of bitcoin. Its just impossible.

Now, if bitcoin reaches max supply, then the proce will stabilize. Like dollars. With minimum dips and rise. But maybe it will rise even higher unlike dollars since unlike dollars or fiat, there are nonadditional stocks that are getting printed out(unless developers start to add).  But I don't think our generation will even reach that time.
Disconnecting

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:30:48 PM

The truth is that neither ripple nor bitcoin has a use as a coin in our day life.
There are (if any) few shops where you can buy using ripple and much more where you can use bitcoin.
But there is a problem. Bitcoin has high fees and few people use segwit addresses. You can't buy even a cup of coffee.
So (today) bitcoin is an asset not a coin.
If bitcoin ever reaches it's max supply, it should worth a lot of money.
Imagine, the last Bitcoin will be mining for 6 years... 300000+ blocks to mine just 1 bitcoin.

What are your reference regarding about this matter? Its very amazing if that will happen sooner. I also agree that bitcoin is really a high class than anyone else because once the value os high it becomes double or triple.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:10:13 PM

I do not think that Ripple will replace Bitcoin. Although, I think that Bitcoin with its slow and expensive transactions is much inferior to Ripple in technology. But bitcoin is the foundation. It's like gold in the usual world of money.

There are some altcoins that are much more faster and cheaper(even free transactions) than ripple already on the market. And many of them seems more decentralized than ripple. “Oh, surely if you consider the events at first they can only point to one conclusion” - I see that ripple is pumping to get others' bitcoins, neither more nor less Smiley

What do you mean saying that ripple will replace bitcoin? If it will replace it on coinmarcetcap - that is only numbers, give me 1m$ and I will make the coin from rank 900-1000 the coin number one on coinmarketcap. If you are talking about ripple replace bitcoin as a currency and all cryptos will be compare to ripple - I'll leave this market, where centralized currency took control ove decentralized one.
Answering your question - nothing special will happend. Except all this mining equipment and all THs will be forced to find new coin with same algo Wink

perfect answer, if ripple replaces bitcoin , then everyone will shift back to centralized economies called banks, but the vision of our great master satoshi was a decentralized economy, read his white paper of bitcoin, i merely dought if atleast 1% of the crypto world ever read the white paper of bitcoin. ripple is a banks currency , they are swallowing bitcoins and other limited alts into their economy and destroying the decentralized economy

Just a little addition to your words - really doesn’t matter how much people have read satoshi's whitepaper, but, what is more material - how much people understood it right Wink

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:18:24 PM

When bitcoin reach it's maximum supply, many all adult that are currently using bitcoin would probably be dead! So, lets not worry about what will happen the. However, I believe Bitcoin is going to rise into 7 figure in our lifetime!

sibnia

Activity: 602
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:48:43 PM

People are comparing XRP with BTC and predicting that Ripple will replace Bitcoin in near future. I am not really agreed to this, It may be another Alt coin which can replace Bitcoin in future but the question is, what will happen when Bitcoin reaches its maximum supply?
Bitcoin is a monster that was created not to be replaced by someone. Especially when it comes to Ripple.
Look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUeceg9TiFY&t=8s and you'll understand what's at stake.
John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:06:10 PM

If there are no new blocks to mine, there will still be transaction fees. Maybe the transaction fees will be higher to compensate for the lack of block rewards, or maybe they stay the same but go up in dollar value.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: