Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia turning into a scam?  (Read 25296 times)
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

Thinking about it further, if they were really not able to catch up with withdrawals and deposits then why accept new registrations and add new coins?
That is how Ponzi works in the end, get as many as you can to stay alive as long as you can, before it all implodes. Not saying Cryptopia is Ponzi, but they may have been hacked and try to cover it up. Or they may just want to take the money, now that it is enough, and run. Who knows. All that it says, how they handle the situation, or rather not handle it and let people in the dark, makes it every day a more likely scenario that the funds may be lost.
HassaanAbdeen

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

Gentlemen after my last post I panicked and liquidated all my coins into BTC withdrawing all from Cryptopia to Binanace.

The withdrawal went smooth and was confirmed by Binance in few minutes.

I still have a pending withdrawal in PROC for days. So I guess it works in BTC and I confirm so.
MadMac

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:06:49 PM

This does not help for coins in "Processing" state. They are locked up.
HassaanAbdeen

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:14:58 PM

This does not help for coins in "Processing" state. They are locked up.

No dear, it doesn’t. As I said I’m stuck with PROC under processing for days now.

But at least I rescued the chunk of my money out. And anybody can using BTC to exit.
sprinkles

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:42:21 PM

Also just able to withdraw BTC.
Don't think there's any exit scam here.
Probably just technical issues with some of the alt wallets.
I've had Byteball stuck there now for ages which is pretty annoying.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
marvel213

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:00:26 PM

Also just able to withdraw BTC.
Don't think there's any exit scam here.
Probably just technical issues with some of the alt wallets.
I've had Byteball stuck there now for ages which is pretty annoying.

All coins?  You are not thinking clearly.  It's not just couple of wallets.  It's all wallets having withdraw issues.
MadMac

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:44:17 AM

Also need to consider damages due to funds unavailable that have to be charged to Cryptopia.

Particularly these are BTX which pays a weekly dividend of 6% each Monday and DeepOnion which pay a dividend of 3% each Friday. Probably more coins. Cryptopia have to compensate for that loss.
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

Cant comment on your experiences its a lot of work they've taken on themselves, all down to Electroneum listing and the massive influx of new users. They have a big backlog. But they've taken on 20 new staff to handle this.

I'm a user since June17 and have had no problems trading. Biggest issue they have is the NZD bank account closed so no new NZD deposits can be made. That's their main focus now sorting that. Right now, trading in the smaller coins on that exchange is just pointless, any problems and you'll wait weeks for a response. Stick to the bigger coins, top 10 market cap.

As to the company, I have first hand experience with them, they are in my home town Christchurch. They have an office in town that I've visited and the staff are exceptional people. This was back in August, of course now, the company has experienced 100 fold increase in business. Must be a very stressful environment. As to exit scamming, that is not even a remote possibility. This is not an eastern block backwater outfit. If I had even the smallest inclining of that I'd be at their front door, along with many many other kiwis.
marvel213

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:01:21 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 08:11:29 AM by marvel213

I've already lost .3 bitcoins because of cryptopia keeping my coins hostage.

I still don't have my coins.  I don't have access to them.  Cryptopia has them or they don't have them so they can't pay me my coins.

Cryptopia always did have deposit and withdraw issues long as I can remember since last Summer.  It just wasn't bad or at least the problems cleared up within a day or 2.  Now they are in over their heads.  They can't fix the problem when it was broken in the first place.  Hiring more employees does not help as they can't seem to reply to support tickets over weeks if not months.

Although Cryptopia is registered as a Financial Service Provider in New Zealand their dispute resolution scheme membership is still pending. This means there isn't yet a resolution scheme you can engage with to have this resolved.

Generally when there is a dispute of this kind in New Zealand people are able to make an application to the Disputes Tribunal. The Disputes Tribunal receives applications for disputes up to the value of $20,000NZD.  If the amount in dispute is over $20,000NZD you will need to seek independent legal advice to see what kind of action can be taken to reclaim this amount.  Netsafe is unable to give you legal advice regarding this matter.

It seems Cryptopia is not completely insured.  Their dispute resolution membership is still pending.
MadMac

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:07:36 AM

The problem with such fraudulent activities and I call this such now is, if you get authorities involved and they shut down the business, confiscate all assets and put a law suit on the company, that will be it for years. There will be no coins, no reimbursements, no damages paid. It will just all fall in a black hole. Remember MtGox, I think nobody has seen anything back to date.
fedayi

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:15:19 PM

By the looks of things it seems as if Cryptopia is going under....fast...Everyone is missing deposits, support is non-existent. Yet, from the looks of their social media everything seems to be running fine, hell, they're even adding new coins! (of which you lose your deposit when you send it). No word from support on any public platform about the massive amount of people missing funds for weeks. Honestly, it's feeling like Cryptopia went from decent to a complete scam overnight.

Indeed...I can confirm they stolen coins from me on both deposits and withdrawals.
marvel213

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:01:18 AM

Everyone is selling their coins and leaving Cryptopia.

Withdrawal problem.   Deposit problem. 
HerryW

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:29:19 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 12:39:48 AM by HerryW

Dear all,

I'm from Indonesia and i have been with Cryptopia since Dec 2017. My first deposit was ETN on 22 Dec 2017 and NEVER had any problems aftersince on deposits or withdrawals (quite fast on both, withdrawals on BTC, BCH, ETH, all done nicely).  My latest deposit was 1.28 ETH yesterday, already 27 hours, still waiting thou.  Perhaps the ETH has been in dense traffiic due to many ICOs use ERC20 platform (Ether). Please give the staffs more time to process, i think they do it manually to avoid unwanted attacks.
MadMac

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:20:03 AM

You can check the status of all their wallets here:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo

There is no issue or delay with ETH or most of the affected other coins, wallets have sufficient connections and are up to date. Meaning what is going on is intentionally and not caused by technical problems. Cryptopia is hijacking funds. Let's only hope they still have the coins, which I seriously doubt.
marvel213

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:52:49 AM

You can check the status of all their wallets here:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo

There is no issue or delay with ETH or most of the affected other coins, wallets have sufficient connections and are up to date. Meaning what is going on is intentionally and not caused by technical problems. Cryptopia is hijacking funds. Let's only hope they still have the coins, which I seriously doubt.

Exactly.  I think when they don't have enough coins people ask for withdrawal they put it on processing until an admin picks it up and finalize withdraw.  That's shady business practice if they did.
MadMac

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:09:49 AM

It's confirmed now, they do it intentional and there are no technical issues at all.

I did another withdrawal of a small amount of 1.6 BTX to the same address. This went through. Another withdrawal of 220 BTX is stuck in "processing" for almost a week now. They keep higher balances artificially stuck in either deposits or withdrawals and are collecting the airdropped dividend of 6% every Monday, I have no longer doubts about this. The same is the case for DeepOnion which pay around ~3% in their "airdrop" every Friday. Shame on you, Cryptopia. You are thieves and it is proven now!!!
MadMac

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

So there has been a hack and user data was compromised. What exactly happened is still unclear:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/comments/7z38w7/cryptopia_leaked_ccd_emails_for_2fa_reset/
papa_dope

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:02:44 PM

Just here to say that I never had a single issue with Cryptopia. The explenation for the isssues they're having are all reasonable (imho).

Never did I have long delays or withdrawals that were stuck. From my POV Cryptopia is as good as it always was.
marvel213

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:07:02 PM

Just here to say that I never had a single issue with Cryptopia. The explenation for the isssues they're having are all reasonable (imho).

Never did I have long delays or withdrawals that were stuck. From my POV Cryptopia is as good as it always was.

Another 2 cent army from cryptopia I suppose.  Cryptopia doing it all wrong.
papa_dope

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:40:57 PM

Another 2 cent army from cryptopia I suppose.  Cryptopia doing it all wrong.

Would it help your confirmation bias if I tell you that the site is sometimes slow? Because that was the only issue I've had.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: