Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:57:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying coffee with bitcoin...  (Read 207 times)
sarojan9980

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

My Identity Coin

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:13:24 AM

buying coffee with low transaction fee it's fantastic. i hope more BTC transactions to shops will be started soon in 2018.

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:25:09 AM

Lightning Network requires you to pay regular on-chain fees when opening or closing a payment channel. Every transaction in between -- could be tens, could be thousands -- is handled instantly, without an additional on-chain fee overhead.

Who pays for the payment channel opening/closing.  This is something that is not made clear to me yet.  Would this be the vendor carrying out a daily operation?  Does this work in practice for individuals making private transactions, or will we still have to pay the fees for the open/close operation and rely on the hope the fees will reduce?
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:37:16 AM

Low fee and instantaneous transaction???
It never happens with the block chain, hope this is true.
Even after paying high fee the transaction keeps hanging on the rope..
In cases it may take days... Like you going for a coffee today and getting that coffee tomorrow,
How do you guys plan to make it instantaneous?
That too with loo fee!
It seems surreal

At your activity level you should be aware of this, even me who started to investigate in this field for some time now understand this. It is true just look around the Internet for bitcoin testnet I believe they call this lighting network and you can try it out I have tried it and it seems working. Although I hope this new improvement works and it's not that some people are just playing with us here.
Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:30:49 AM

This is the first time I'm seeing the famous lightning network in action. I can't wait for it to be deployed soon, it's going to address a lot of the problems that we have right now with bitcoin. With its implementation, we may finally see scenarios like McDonalds accepting bitcoin becoming a reality and not a fantasy.

Not only mcdonald but there many other merchant want to accept bitcoin but because this problem they dont accept it.
With this, we will be very easy to buy someting with low fee. The fee is the most problem which is preventing bitcoin being accepted in any shop.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: