Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:28:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1080ti Card for Mining - which model is best?  (Read 976 times)
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:10:47 PM

Hey fellow miners,

I am now planning to setup a latest rig with 1080 ti card and need your valued opinion on which model gives best performance.

MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI GAMING X 11GB GDDR5X GRAPHICS CARD

Gigabyte GV-N108TAORUS-11GD AORUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11G Graphics Card

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo Edition Graphics Card

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SEA HAWK X Graphics Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING Graphics Card

Feel free to any other specific model with link and reason for recommendation.

Thank you  Smiley
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

I dont have experience with 1080ti but I can tell you from using the 1070s that the MSI Gaming X version performs amazing!  My only problem with it is they take a 6 and a 8 pin to power. Since that is not an issue as all 1080tis take that anyway I would think their performance at that level would be the way I would go.
bubislav

Activity: 395
Merit: 102

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:30:36 PM

Out of 3 cards you have mentioned i can confirm that msi gaming x works the best

beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:33:05 PM

I have AORUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11G- satisfied with the build quality, cooling and factory settings, spoke with the sellers, the marriage is minimal.  AORUS in the mining is better than ZOTAC.  Overclocking: https://forum.z.cash/t/overclocking-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme/19498
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:41:09 PM

For mining usage, you will find that the "dual 8-pin" cards like the AORUS 1080 ti line and the EVGA FTW are a NIGHTMARE to provide power to in a multi-GPU setup.

8 + 6 cards like the EVGA SC and ASUS Turbo models are MUCH easier to deploy in quantity - and when used at EFFICIENT mining settings work just as well as the higher-end cards.

The higher-end cards WILL offer a little higher hashrate when you PUSH them past 200 watts (80% on most 1080 ti models) TDP, but not by all that much and the efficiency drops very quickly past about 175 watts.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:11:15 AM

The best one is the cheapest one.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:28:05 AM

@flip4flop & @bubislav: Thanks for your input, I will give consideration to MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI GAMING X 11GB GDDR5X GRAPHICS CARD

@beskid: So AORUS is better than Zotac and not MSI?

@QuintLeo: Do you agree with Msi Gaming X or would like to recommend anyother?

@puwaha: Which is the cheapest one?
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:47:26 AM

Time for Voting

Which one of below mentioned card would you select for a 6 GPU rig based on 1080Ti, and share reason:-

https://uae.microless.com/product/msi-gtx-1080-ti-aero-11-gb-oc-gddr5x-352-bit-pci-express-x16-3-0-912-v360-007/

https://uae.microless.com/product/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-sc-black-edition-gaming-11gb-gddr5x-icx-cooler-led-optimized-airflow-design-interlaced-pin-fin-graphics-card-11g-p4-6393-kr/

https://uae.microless.com/product/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x-11gb-gddr5x-11124-mhz-oc-mode-pci-express-x16-3-0-graphic-card/

https://uae.microless.com/product/asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-gpu-1506-1620-mhz-11gb-gddr5x-11010mhz-352-bit-1x-dvi-2x-hdmi-2-0-2x-displayport-1-4-90yv0am1-m0nm00/

Thank you all  Smiley
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:03:57 AM

msi gaming x is great card, but disadvantages are - a bit higher vs other models, a bit shorter then other models (2 fans vs 3 fans, so it runs a bit hotter) they got a newer model with 3 fans, which is outstanding for overclocking as it runs real cool. The gaming x with 2 fans is great too, dont get me wrong. i have both and i like them both. but if you are using pc case - then longer model is preferred. gpu performance wise they both pretty much same.

Gigabyte aorus - gpu performance is awesome, fan construction is gay, if press it too much, frame gets bent and fan touches frame making r-r-r noise... i think they should of have done more solid construction. Aourus has 4 years of warranty if registered, 3 if not registered.

Zotac - is probably fastest if compare stock clock, but i cant say its any better in long run vs all others. Aourus would be next after, to my opinion.

Asus strix - very good card by performance and construction. 3 years warranty

EVGA ftw3 - is also great card. 3 years of warranty

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:20:06 AM

msi gaming x is great card, but disadvantages are - a bit higher vs other models, a bit shorter then other models (2 fans vs 3 fans, so it runs a bit hotter) they got a newer model with 3 fans, which is outstanding for overclocking as it runs real cool. The gaming x with 2 fans is great too, dont get me wrong. i have both and i like them both. but if you are using pc case - then longer model is preferred. gpu performance wise they both pretty much same.

Gigabyte aorus - gpu performance is awesome, fan construction is gay, if press it too much, frame gets bent and fan touches frame making r-r-r noise... i think they should of have done more solid construction. Aourus has 4 years of warranty if registered, 3 if not registered.

Zotac - is probably fastest if compare stock clock, but i cant say its any better in long run vs all others. Aourus would be next after, to my opinion.

Asus strix - very good card by performance and construction. 3 years warranty

EVGA ftw3 - is also great card. 3 years of warranty
based on mine and my friend experience -if you need cool and silent card, then you have one choice. Asus Stryx!
Very well build, nice performance and attractive price, and 3 years warranty - count that too

one more option to check - Zotac AMP Extreme, but if would be cheaper then ASUS Stryx, then you may consider it as well!
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:26:52 AM

@puwaha: Which is the cheapest one?

You will have to check your local sources and any internet based sellers.  Prices vary wildly from country to country, and reseller to reseller.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 07:37:29 AM

The cheapest and quickest available cards are the best.

In general there's a few not so good cards.

- Blower style GPUs, hotter and louder. Because pascal is sensitive to temperature, you lose 2-3% hash rate.

- Dual 8 pin cards. A little more annoying to wire up.

- Zotac AMP extreme. Poor VRMs and hence lower efficiency than every other 1080ti in existence. Search bullzoid zotac 1080ti amp extreme pcb breakdown.

- Zotac 1080ti mini. Not a bad card, but higher temps if you want to push past +80% PL

- Inno3d twin x2. I got a ton of these and the heat sinks are small and thin. Higher heat and fan speeds than most others.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:40:53 AM

Hello

Ok keep on feedback of all of you i have shorted listed below two cards, please recommend which one to go on with (provide reasoning please)

GigaByte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB RGB 354-bits graphics card

VS

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X Graphics card

Who is the winner  Cool Cool Cool Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
jaromiradamek

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:23:27 AM

Im using two Zotac 1080Ti Mini and buying Zotac 1080Ti Amp right now, they have FIVE YEAR WARRANTY!!!

Consider it, they will have higher value, when you resale them...
cryptocoinfarmer

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:50:36 AM

Zotac 1080Ti Amp is Not bad for mining at all  I use 2 of them and have no problems.
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:36:18 AM

I would definitely go for the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING.  Cool
funnel

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

I would go for EVGA FTW3 or ASUS ROG Strix, both great quality and will probably last a lifetime.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:44:57 PM

I would definitely go for the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING.  Cool

HeroMember mentioned above that dual 8-pin" cards like the AORUS 1080 ti line and the EVGA FTW are a NIGHTMARE to provide power to in a multi-GPU setup.

He further said 8 + 6 cards like the EVGA SC and ASUS Turbo models are MUCH easier to deploy in quantity

My question, why are you recommending EVGA FTW3 line?
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:03:08 PM

I find it strange that no one has posted the Super Jet Stream from Palit, a card known to have better hashrate in the 1060 and 1070 versions compared to other cards being discussed here (only EVGA can stand a chance against this card and I am not sure about that too).

Here is the link to my favorite Nvidia GPU brand for mining

http://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=2859

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:03:47 PM

Pick the model with the longest warranty. Very important - make sure the fans are ball bearing, not the sleeve.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: