Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are most of new ICOs SCAM???  (Read 137 times)
Blackhawk143 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:23:12 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 08:35:09 PM by Blackhawk143

Hello,

Since last three month I had very bad experience with some ICOs which are going on and some are completed.

my recent experience in OPPRTY ICO. I have tried three times to participate but there is no response in their Whitelist entry by email or telegram. After that tried to contact them via support but also there is no single response, Even in Telegram also their admin are talking with other member and ignoring participants like me. They are showing big team behind this on their website. If they don't need money for their project. why they are announcing ICO. they have to list directly on Bittrex or Polonix Exchange.

i'm assuming this is new technique to generate virtual demand for new ICOs.

Anybody else have same experience before or it just me?
Blackhawk143 (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:36:15 PM

I don't have list of all those ICOs at this moment but there are lots.
OrcaTech

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

The fraudulent cryptocurrency organizations have every chance to turn into a real plague of the digital economy the opportunities to regain full control over the situation are getting smaller, while risks are increasing before our eyes. Therefore, one should never turn a blind eye to any investment projects that you will have to face.
mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

Since the beginning of ICOs a lot of them have been scams, some not even launching, some launching but the devs quitting the project after launch. It is wise to invest only in those which are either done by trusted members or the devs have a reasonable roadmap and they sound legit.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

Sadly there are some scam ICO's as there is no regulation and they would be able to raise large amounts of money. Although I don't believe that most of them are.

The most important thing is not to rush into an investment and do a lot of research. There is no need to rush and ask as many questions as possible.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:55:12 PM

YES!

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:07:52 PM

I swear there is this exact same post everyday. But in my opinion it is very hard for me to agree that most ICO's are scams like everyone says and this is why..

The term scam is used to loosely, the definition of a "scam" is dishonest or fraud. Now are there ICO's that are scams.. yes there is but are a majority of them.. I say no.

What is really happening is most people don't really read up on what they are investing in. People just see a nice looking website and white paper and think this is going to make me money and put there money into it. That is why so many people feel like they have been scammed but in reality they didn't read what the project was all about or got in there head this big return on there investment and when they don't get it just yell scam.

Then there is the actual project (ICO) these are basicly startup companies and usually 1/5 startups actually succeed this can actually be less at times, now that is stats for ordinary businesses but this still applies for ICO projects because they are startup businesses. Now let's say when someone invests in a startup (not in a ICO) and the company fails and goes no where the investors don't go running around saying "scam".. why you ask? Because they knew what they are investing in, a risky investment of a startup business but can yield large returns.

The difference is, is that these people are usually profession investors so know all the risks and facts and no they can loose big. Now you are getting people that don't know a single thing about investments or risk factors and poor there money into these startups and feel hard done by when they loose.

At the same time as well some of these projects are trying to do something so big and complicated that they find out they couldn't pull it off or the idea fails. This happens in the real world of business to some ideas are great but lack the amount of attention or use and go under due to that.

I'm not trying to defend any scams or bad ICO's I'm more trying to explain what is going on here and maybe help some people by actually making them aware of what they are getting into.

My advice is read everything about the project, do your research, research the team, the idea, everything about it , make sure you understand it and think hard about whether the idea will actually be used by people in the real word and actually grow and the most import part of all investments:

ONLY invest what you are prepared to loose.

Disclaimer: in no way am I giving you investment advice or professional help. This is just my opinion.
gordonsam32

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:13:14 PM

I agree that the best strategy when participating in ICO is by doing research and to minimize your exposure in terms of funds as much as possible since all ICOs are risky as we do not have historical data to really know the coin's behavior.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:38:41 AM

If I were you, I wouldn't bother investing in that ICO. Doesn't seem legit and they may just take your money. Invest in an ICO which has great customer service and actually interacts with the community.

Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 01:41:49 AM

Hello,

Since last three month I had very bad experience with some ICOs which are going on and some are completed.

my recent experience in OPPRTY ICO. I have tried three times to participate but there is no response in their Whitelist entry by email or telegram. After that tried to contact them via support but also there is no single response, Even in Telegram also their admin are talking with other member and ignoring participants like me. They are showing big team behind this on their website. If they don't need money for their project. why they are announcing ICO. they have to list directly on Bittrex or Polonix Exchange.

Don´t know where you find this ICO, but if you are searching for ICOs, better look on this page : https://icodrops.com/
danielgouldman

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:44:58 AM

I think most ICO's are run by people who have dreams more than they have good business plans and the capability to execute on those plans. 

I've been in business a long time and that's what I'm seeing all over the place.  It's maddening. 
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:53:18 AM

Hello,

YES, most ICO projects don't seem necessary to me, but every project needs to raise tens of millions of dollars. Isn't that a bubble? It must be a huge bubble.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:53:25 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 04:08:35 AM by jaocoincrypto18

Hello,

We do not know or just judge it easily if ICO is legit or not just because it was a new player. You should think that every time an old ICO will end a new ICO will come out in which is normal. To determine an legit ICO you should choose the campaign managers in which is very popular and have the experiences of handling ICO because good managers will ensure that ICO is legit because there reputation is at stake.
lei_lei

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:15:08 AM

Hello,

Don´t know where you find this ICO, but if you are searching for ICOs, better look on this page : https://icodrops.com/

thank you very much! I need such a ico rating website, btc higher and higher prices, more and more scam, a lot of ico is to be a website to copy the code, paste some of your pictures can not be verified, called the new technology. This is too much sacm。

⚡Semux  ●  Free Airdrop  ●  High Performance BFT Consensus Blockchain (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2159012.0)
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:03:09 AM

I can't say for sure if most are scams, but I do know a lot that aren't scams, but also havnt taken off at all. I personally like to just buy from the market. I've seen way too many ICO's charge whatever rate in the ICO stage then when the coin is released I can buy 100x the amount for the same price. This isn't always the case obviously but I'm pretty weary on them anymore.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: