Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we get a neutral in the trust system?  (Read 2105 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:54:08 PM

Can we get a neutral in the trust system?

Red for scammer,

Green for trust,

Back for neutral.

Some times I want to leave feedback, when things did not exactly go how they should but I do not exactly want to call them a scammer (Do the Red) either.

Neutral would be awesome if we can.

Thanks.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:57:41 PM

Would definitely be useful for leaving notes.  I know I'd use it a decent amount for sketchy looking stuff in the newbie section.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:57:25 AM

Trust ratings with 0 BTC risked should not change ratings. Positive 0 BTC? Could be used to leave a positive/neutral note. Negative 0 BTC? Use it to leave a negative note but not enough for scammer - for example, someone being extremely suspicious, or past / resolved scamming cases.

If you do want it to count, just leave it as 0.0001 BTC risked or what.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:03:16 AM

Trust ratings with 0 BTC risked should not change ratings.

I am not sure if this is the case.  For example, noodlehead (one of joeys alts) has a -7 trust rating even though both negative feedbacks have 0 BTC risked:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=136045
Sorry, I meant should as in a suggestion Smiley
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:03:18 AM

Use case:

I got "scammed" in the MNW pirate bet, but we later settled. What should I rate him?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:11:40 AM

I agree, there are a lot of times where you deal with someone, something goes wrong, but is fixed. It could have been an honest mistake, or a scammer reevaluating their options as to whether they should use you to build more trust first. You don't want to give them bad feedback as your deal did go through, but saying you trusted them would be an overstatement. For this sort of senario, a neutral would be perfect. "Some complications but deal went through" sounds a lot better than, "Scammer took a day to give me my money" or "I thought I got scammed, but the guy is really honest, so honest he could have scammed me but didn't"

I support a netural, although I don't think SMF supports it.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:09:36 AM

The trust system was custom coded by theymos, SMF does not need to support it.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:50:16 AM

I think I also might like this. For one, I think it'd be good for users like BitSyncom, who promised trade-ins for FPGA/Icarus to get their units first as part of Batch #2, but has taken the money and not yet delivered. It remains to be seen if they are going to or just indefinitely delay.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:04:15 PM

How about untrustworthy? It is rare, but it is an option.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:25:00 PM

I think the sent feedback should be a different color than the given feedback. For example, I left negative feedback on a user's trust page, so when people glance at my trust page they see that bright red comment, even though it is not about me. Maybe sent negative feedback could be a dark red?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:07:07 PM

I think the sent feedback should be a different color than the given feedback. For example, I left negative feedback on a user's trust page, so when people glance at my trust page they see that bright red comment, even though it is not about me. Maybe sent negative feedback could be a dark red?

Well, that's just ignorance on their part. If they can't be bother to notice the difference between "sent" feedback and "untrusted/trusted feedback" then you probably don't want to deal with them anyways.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

[...]
Some times I want to leave feedback, when things did not exactly go how they should but I do not exactly want to call them a scammer (Do the Red) either.

I guess that only makes sense if people actually read the feedback.
In my experience, people tend to rely on the small "integer management summary" much more. As long as your neutral comment doesn't have an impact on someones rating, it won't be all too useful.

On the other hand, what I personally suffer from is that many people trust me, but since usually I'm the one to take the risks, I don't get much feedback at all. A solution to that problem I would definitely like to see.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:56:58 PM

[...]

I guess that only makes sense if people actually read the feedback.
In my experience, people tend to rely on the small "integer management summary" much more. As long as your neutral comment doesn't have an impact on someones rating, it won't be all too useful.

On the other hand, what I personally suffer from is that many people trust me, but since usually I'm the one to take the risks, I don't get much feedback at all. A solution to that problem I would definitely like to see.

Is that really a problem? If you're taking the risks, what reason does that give for someone to trust you? You could risk 100 BTC in transactions, and then build up "trust" so that one day you could scam someone for a larger amount.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:02:31 PM

Is that really a problem? If you're taking the risks, what reason does that give for someone to trust you? You could risk 100 BTC in transactions, and then build up "trust" so that one day you could scam someone for a larger amount.

It is for me. I see your point, though.
Still, it will always be a problem for the "investor type" to build up trust with the system as it is right now.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:14:14 AM

Yes, something has to be done about that.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:08:04 PM

The feedback system is a waste.  I sold a gold ring on here.  Made every effort to make it legit.  Pictures of the item,  size etc.  A guy bought it I sent it promptly  he messaged me happy as hell that it was what it was.  Two days later he posts in the thread ot was 5 grams less then pictured.  Part of the deal was if he wasn't happy I'd gladly refund him if he sent it back. He had already sold it for the 4gram value

Now thisperson is a noted troll and really isn't taken seriously anyway.  But he flagged me for his own bad biz. Furthermore the idea I can just leave feedback at will is bullshit. How does "he's a nice guy" help someone make a choice.  Lots of nice people are crooks
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:14:56 PM

The feedback system is a waste.  I sold a gold ring on here.  Made every effort to make it legit.  Pictures of the item,  size etc.  A guy bought it I sent it promptly  he messaged me happy as hell that it was what it was.  Two days later he posts in the thread ot was 5 grams less then pictured.  Part of the deal was if he wasn't happy I'd gladly refund him if he sent it back. He had already sold it for the 4gram value

Now thisperson is a noted troll and really isn't taken seriously anyway.  But he flagged me for his own bad biz. Furthermore the idea I can just leave feedback at will is bullshit. How does "he's a nice guy" help someone make a choice.  Lots of nice people are crooks

For most people, whatever he said will remain in the "untrusted feedback" category, so it will not change your rating score.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:31:28 PM

For most people, whatever he said will remain in the "untrusted feedback" category, so it will not change your rating score.

I guess I just have the red ass. My first neg feedback across several networks.  It seems to matter with some people it exists on my record. St the very least it would be nice to have some space to reply to a neg comment.  Even if the comment has to be moderated and even if that's slow comming.  Atleast I could answer questions to later customers as to why it exists
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:49:59 PM

Ratings aren't viewable by non-members, and other members of the forum are likely to understand that untrusted ratings are often incorrect.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:06:46 PM

Ratings aren't viewable by non-members, and other members of the forum are likely to understand that untrusted ratings are often incorrect.

True, but I'd like the ability to leave feedback on someone because of some shady activity but not complete negative feedback.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: