Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:26:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to "reserve" a receiving address?  (Read 99 times)
mtaborsky (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:13:00 PM

Hello.

Let's say I need to receive Bitcoin from someone. I give him the next available address, but he does not send the payment immediately. I'd like to skip this address and keep it sort of reserved for this payment. But until it receives the payment, Electrum will offer it to me as the default receiving address. I have to remember to not use it and use the next one for other transactions.

Is it possible somehow? If not, I'd like to suggest it as a feature for future versions.

All best and thanks for an amazing work the Electrum developers are doing.

Michal
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7117

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:30:50 PM

Maybe this can help you:

Go to View -> Show Addresses. It will enable the tab Addresses. Go there and you will be able to see all the addresses you own. Double click the label field right to the address and add a description E.g: "payment from John"; Then, just start using a different address for other payments.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:37:34 AM

Please learn how to use the receive tab correctly. When you click save the new button  becomes available and when you click that you get a new receive address. You should always use a different address for every transaction precisely so that you can keep track of who sent you money. This is the correct way to use bitcoin!
mtaborsky (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:26:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I know how to label the address and I also know that I should use new address for every payment. That is exactly what I am trying to do here. Saving the payment request did the trick. I always just copied the address.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: