Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best/safe ways to buy bitcoins?  (Read 573 times)
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:57:13 AM

Hi,

There are many platforms dedicated for transaction if you want to invest. My post wil only be about some advice that you should follow, whatever you want to do with bitcoin:

1- (I guess that you already heard this one, but still) Only invest what you can afford to lose. Because you will face some loss. That's obvious.

2- Don't be afraid of scams and frauds. You will get caught. That's normal. You should just be aware of that, and of course, try to learn a lot about any project you'd like to invest into.

3- Generally speaking, reading a lot will necessarily help you. You will discover new projects, new uses, new people, new techologies. Try to cross-read and check sources, to make up your very own opinion.

4- Talk about what you do with your relatives. It can be really usefull sometimes to have the opinion of someone who's completely "out of this business".

5- Have fun! Wink

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jahmes123

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:04:56 AM

You could use some online wallets to buy bitcoin,
There are so many online wallets out there you should just try to look for one,
You should try to look if your country have a local bitcoin wallet that you could use.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:00:08 PM

I am a newbie who wants to invest in bitcoins. I have read a lot of negative information about how dangerous it is to travel this path. I however believe in bitcoin investment and want to take the risk.

I want to know where and how to successfully buy bitcoins? Smiley

Basically, buying bitcoins can be done in any legal exchange sites, but since you are here in this forum you can look for trusted big persons like campaign manager which have 40 above positive trust, they themselves will not ruin their own reputation no need to ask for escrow with the trusted managers because they themselves can hire escrow.  Sometimes exchange are difficult to follow up when it comes to slow transaction. But I'm not saying all.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:51:06 PM

in coins.ph because theres an assurance that it is safe and secured..
coins.ph is only available to the Philippines unless of course the OP is a Philippine. However, for someone who is looking to buy bitcoin with their own fiat, there are some exchanges like Luno that operates in a lot of places in Africa and Europe, some such as remitano which is a P2P exchange with an escrow system and some as well that are direct like localbitcoins.

Once you visit Google and search for where to buy within your country, it would be easy to get an answer to know how to filter the ones that would pay you out. This platform is also an easy way to do that with trusted users via PayPal.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:24:17 AM

There are lot of ways to buy bitcoin, like buy btc with other people although it takes a lot of risk you can also buy bitcoin in some convenience store that sells bitcoin of course you need your own wallet, there are some famous application to use as a wallet like coins.ph since i'm from the philippines a lot of people recommend it and another way is through exchange like bittrex and poloenix just be careful in your transaction sir.
It is all about doing research within your locality or country, to find out how you can get to buy bitcoin easily. It appears in most countries these days, except for those where there is a serious threat from the government on users of cryptocurrency, you will find some exchanges operational within the country where one can buy directly from fiat or over the counter method as well. P2P is still the easiest at least with localbitcoins, but one will just have to be careful who you are making transactions with.

coins.ph offers services only to few south east countries and unfortunately many people here like me are still awaiting similar services to our countries also. Hopefully when more exchanges start country specific ventures  then we may get much easier ways to buy bitcoins due to their heavy competitions among them.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:28:33 AM

I am a newbie who wants to invest in bitcoins. I have read a lot of negative information about how dangerous it is to travel this path. I however believe in bitcoin investment and want to take the risk.

I want to know where and how to successfully buy bitcoins? Smiley
You can buy successfully in its deep price, i hope you bought already because we are heading to a new trend in bitcoins the price up already and i even dont see that we will go below 7000k again but who knows? its my own prediction. my point is when you think its a good dip to buy dont hesitate to buy because it might be the last dip on that price or it can dip more you need to hold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:21:08 PM

yes if you believe in bitcoin and not afraid with loss you can try to buy bitcoin and investing in bitcoin and any ICO, if you want to buy bitcoin you need to buy in the trust place dont buy in the people directly. you can try to buy bitcoin in coinbase( this is the good website to buy and sell bitcoin as i know)

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
GrahamMuhr

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:39:05 PM

The sure way is that you locate a good broker with a good reputation and that in the first proof of purchase you do not invest so much money.
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

For me, I would suggest you to use coins.ph to buy bitcoins. You just need to create a digital wallet then add funds into it through different cash in outlets using your fiat money. Then using your wallet, you can easily convert your fiat money into  bitcoin. It is proven to be the best and safest way to buy bitcoin here in the Philippines.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:20:03 AM

There are number of exchanges that let's you buy bitcoins like bittrex, binance, cryptopia and online wallet provider that also offers bitcoin. You just have to read the guide or FAQ of the site to give you some ideas to purchase some bitcoin. I advice to not purchase any bitcoin from a third-party seller cause it's very risky.
Bittrex or some of the exchanges you have mentioned can easily work with those who already have bitcoin and may want to have some altcoins as well. However, there are so many exchanges locally that anyone can use locally to be able to buy bitcoins directly with fiat and that is usually the easiest way. Even if there is no direct exchange, I am sure in a lot of places, you will find P2P exchanges like localbitcoin and remitano, to enable you buy.
fleecedamp

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:01:21 PM

You can buy from any trusted user privately or go for an exchange to buy some for fiats
Coinmaniaccos

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:18:00 PM

after many years i trust localbitcoins. many options how to pay and years of trustfull operations
recklessMe

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:19:34 AM

If I understood it right, by dangerous you mean risky? Sure, it is.
I'm not the first one in this thread, who suggested you to pay attention to the reputation of exchanges, which you’re going to use. I’d also like to add my own advice for newbies:
1) it would be better to use not only reliable, but understandable exchange to avoid mistakes (personally I started with cex.io, interface is kind of their known advantage).
2) it is safer to keep crypto in your own wallet after buying, coz even the most secure online platform can be hacked.
ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:10:56 AM

I actually can buy in a retail store, this will direct the fund i will deposit in my personal software wallet. I feel like it's more easier to do this than to buy in exchange.
Zizi19231

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:40:11 PM

You can buy Bitcoin through trusted cryptocurrency exchanges where most people buy their Bitcoins, try using coinbase.
butrsukumpanumet

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

There are a lot of trusted exchanger out there that you can try, if you're using other currency than USD then your countries might have their own trusted exchanger which converted local currency to bitcoin.
highquA1

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:39:19 AM

Every trade has risks, in some there's more while in some there's risk. Your skills would determine your fate. Try not to fear. Good Luck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: