Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Paper - DAG Real World Asset Exchange  (Read 2240 times)
willstarkro (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:47:37 PM

Ummm? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

I'd be happy to explain any questions you may have.

What's the thing about ownership of a phyiscal asset?

That's where the value of the DAG Ledger comes from. Each physical asset you hold in real life will be given it's own ledger (similar to how RaiBlocks ledger system works), which will store that asset's Unique Identifying Key, along with other data points hashed out in the creation of the item.

So, say you buy a car from BMW.
BMW will have a ledger created at the formation of the car, which will list the true owner of the vehicle (BMW). Once the chain confirms your transaction (using Paper tokens), there will be a new block created under the car's ledger showing the transfer of ownership.

How can you make linking physical assets to a ledger decentralized and trustless?

Think of the ledger as an immutable data storage container, which shows each real world asset through it's life cycle. This asset will have it's own chain, where you as the owner of the item can record any information you so choose on the item, as well as initiate the transfer of ownership to any other account you so choose.

The main node will simply have every single asset public key - paired with the owner's public key. This greatly reduces data issues as anybody that hosts the full node would only need to store those blocks. The only updates that affect a full node are the changes in ownership of assets.

What I'm currently working on building is the master node, this is what will be built on a DAG Protocol
Verethraghna

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:59:16 PM

without the white paper I still think this paper has something to do with the 'scam' DAG stone thread
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:10:01 AM

without the white paper I still think this paper has something to do with the 'scam' DAG stone thread

I never understood that. How would a whitepaper really prove that it's not a scam. It would take far less knowledge and time to write a paper than to actually develop the code.

I'd rather prove this with code than a theoretical paper.
Maziin

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:35:44 AM

Hi dev, you already decided how will be the distribution? Faucets?
harbinger-alpha

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:21:34 AM

What happened to Stone? Is that thread still up? Was it definitely a scam?
boomchocolatta

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:19:42 AM

Cool idea, hope you get it off the ground! Will be glad to help (non-tech) when you need it.
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:24:09 AM

Cool idea, hope you get it off the ground! Will be glad to help (non-tech) when you need it.

What is name PAPER for?

Because before this ledger, in order for an asset to be under your possession (like a house), you needed an official paper document saying so  Wink

You have my vote of support! Happy to help (non-tech) if/when the time comes.

D

You 2 have very similar replies lol. Thank you for the support though
Dizzzzle

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:11:30 PM

What is name PAPER for?

Because before this ledger, in order for an asset to be under your possession (like a house), you needed an official paper document saying so  Wink

D

wow bizarre.  I can assure you I am not Boomhocolatta haha.   

I too was watching the Stone thread very closely. Felix, if he is *not* a scammer, is doing a pretty decent job convincing everyone he is.

willstarkro I have more faith in you simply due to your willingness to engage and participate in the thread. Stick with your gut and continue working to show something of value, no need to supply a white paper at this stage

willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:50:55 PM

I haven't really put any thought into how it will be distributed.

I'm open to suggestions, but it's not my main focus right now.
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:52:13 PM

What is name PAPER for?

D

wow bizarre.  I can assure you I am not Boomhocolatta haha.   

I too was watching the Stone thread very closely. Felix, if he is *not* a scammer, is doing a pretty decent job convincing everyone he is.

willstarkro I have more faith in you simply due to your willingness to engage and participate in the thread. Stick with your gut and continue working to show something of value, no need to supply a white paper at this stage

That's really unfortunate to hear about the other project.

And thanks, I plan on doing just that.

I haven't really put any thought into how it will be distributed.

I'm open to suggestions, but it's not my main focus right now.
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:03:44 PM

have a plan to do an ICO in the future ?
as i read in the OP you are focusing on the code to ensure that this project is feasible for now,
DAG will be a new trend after blockchain

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
teoteoteo

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:11:52 PM

I will trust in this project only if you:

-make it 100% open source
-no ico, no premine, no dev fee
-100% asic resistant
-no hidden fees and taxes

..and all transparent up to your underwear.
Alphapulsared

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:21:08 PM

What happened to Stone? Is that thread still up? Was it definitely a scam?
Looks like it. He/She had a website earlier, but now it is taken down.
Dizzzzle

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:01:42 AM

Not really a suggestion but more of a thought - People flipped out with Stone because of it's privacy features. It looks like the market is really interested in a DAG based Privacy coin.

Have you given any thought to adding privacy features to Paper?

D
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:07:28 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 02:06:01 AM by willstarkro

have a plan to do an ICO in the future ?
as i read in the OP you are focusing on the code to ensure that this project is feasible for now,
DAG will be a new trend after blockchain

So far, no plan to do ICO - not to say that I'll never do it, but that it's not a priority.

I agree, DAG is the next wave of crypto
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:15:30 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 02:27:17 AM by willstarkro

Not really a suggestion but more of a thought - People flipped out with Stone because of it's privacy features. It looks like the market is really interested in a DAG based Privacy coin.

D

Yeah, I mentioned that I would look into stronger privacy features, but I don't want to promise something I'm not sure I can deliver.

IOTA's current crypto tool is extremely light, which is what allows the transactions to be so instantaneous. I could implement something like zkSnarks, but the ledger would definitely suffer in speed, especially in the beginning since DAG protocols thrive on tons of transactions.
Lourencoiborges

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:42:58 PM

Also watching this one.
tormar9

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:54:12 PM

Interesting concept. Would considering donating

I've never gotten in something this early
Dizzzzle

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:37:37 AM

D

Yeah, I mentioned that I would look into stronger privacy features, but I don't want to promise something I'm not sure I can deliver.

IOTA's current crypto tool is extremely light, which is what allows the transactions to be so instantaneous. I could implement something like zkSnarks, but the ledger would definitely suffer in speed, especially in the beginning since DAG protocols thrive on tons of transactions.

any update?
Afkbio

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:41:38 PM

Hey there, very interesting concept.
There is a discord for discussing DAG coin with privacy concept and feasability, if you'd like to join.

https://discord.gg/auFsMSD

See ya
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: