Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:37:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Paper - DAG Real World Asset Exchange  (Read 2232 times)
willstarkro (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:15:01 PM

Great project, Wish u all the success and looking forward to see how this project will shape up in coming days.

Good luck in this project, looks like it could a very good cryptocurrency if the goal is reached

I wish you the best with developing this new crypto currency. It is going to be a massive job but super rewarding too, both in terms of personal satisfaction and financially. Keep at it and keep us informed. When you have some code and roadmap and white paper etc, will be here ready to donate and help take it to the next level.

Lets see this thing take shape.

Thank you. Supply chain, and item tracking in general is a large and relatively untapped industry in blockchain. Hopefully with the use of DAG, it will be able to reach the scalability and traceability required.

I have been spending a lot of time lately reaching out to companies interested in becoming a partner, and have been able to get the largest regional LTL company in the North East to share their process, and work with me in developing a solution to track shipments. Because of this, Paper will most likely not have a public repo as we develop a Proof of Concept in the coming weeks, with the hopes that after we get the MVP going, to build it out further into a public model. I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

StoneSoup

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:20:01 AM

Thank you. Supply chain, and item tracking in general is a large and relatively untapped industry in blockchain. Hopefully with the use of DAG, it will be able to reach the scalability and traceability required.

I have been spending a lot of time lately reaching out to companies interested in becoming a partner, and have been able to get the largest regional LTL company in the North East to share their process, and work with me in developing a solution to track shipments. Because of this, Paper will most likely not have a public repo as we develop a Proof of Concept in the coming weeks, with the hopes that after we get the MVP going, to build it out further into a public model. I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

So are you saying that you intend to make this a completely private endeavor? If so, probably best to clarify both at the end of this thread and the start announcement page and then lock the thread. Otherwise you will just confuse and annoy people. Will you even be releasing coins/tokens to the public?
MonoBank
Copper Member

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:20:36 AM

Why did you call it Paper?
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:54:36 PM

So are you saying that you intend to make this a completely private endeavor? If so, probably best to clarify both at the end of this thread and the start announcement page and then lock the thread. Otherwise you will just confuse and annoy people. Will you even be releasing coins/tokens to the public?

It will only be private for the duration of the Proof of Concept build. Once we get to the stage where we are comfortable having it public, then it will be released.
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:19:18 AM

It will only be private for the duration of the Proof of Concept build. Once we get to the stage where we are comfortable having it public, then it will be released.

Ok, thank you for clarifying. Will there still be an opportunity to invest/donate and get some coins or is it going to be all through the exchange only?
Afkbio

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:08:12 PM

Hi, I own a discord server for discussing DAG coins. Every DAG is listed and has its own channel.

https://discord.gg/auFsMSD.

Feel free to join us ! See ya.  Wink
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:40:47 PM

Ok, thank you for clarifying. Will there still be an opportunity to invest/donate and get some coins or is it going to be all through the exchange only?

I really have no plans on doing donations, maybe if there was enough interest I would consider it.
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:20:14 AM

I really have no plans on doing donations, maybe if there was enough interest I would consider it.

After seeing some real code and/or a testnet and some ID of who is behind it all, I would be willing to donate ~$1000 to the project, maybe more in return for some coins, consider it an early investment. I'm sure there are many other willing to donate. Speak up people!!!

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:48:11 AM

After seeing some real code and/or a testnet and some ID of who is behind it all, I would be willing to donate ~$1000 to the project, maybe more in return for some coins, consider it an early investment. I'm sure there are many other willing to donate. Speak up people!!!

Agree. Will only donate when I see some source code and/or Testnet.
bonhomme

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:36:31 PM

I will follow this project with care.. the dev doesn't ask $ like others.. seems very interesting
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:03:00 AM

Updated the OP with some new information.

There are some expenses that are coming up, particularly with the implementation of the RFID tech. I've decided to open up donations for the time being.

If you guys have any questions, I will be available to answer.
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:37:06 PM

There are some expenses that are coming up, particularly with the implementation of the RFID tech. I've decided to open up donations for the time being.

Have you published any code or have a testnet? I think donations will mark you as a scam unless you can actually show something is really happening. I will personally donate if I see the evidence that this coin is really happening. I suspect you will face a wall of money if you do that. We all want at least one of these DAG coins to happen but pretty jaded with the lack of delivery atm. Be the one that shows progress and jump up in peoples estimation.
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:27:56 PM

Have you published any code or have a testnet? I think donations will mark you as a scam unless you can actually show something is really happening. I will personally donate if I see the evidence that this coin is really happening. I suspect you will face a wall of money if you do that. We all want at least one of these DAG coins to happen but pretty jaded with the lack of delivery atm. Be the one that shows progress and jump up in peoples estimation.

I realize that it looks strange without having code but, it's impossible to run a testnet because this requires RFID readers and writers to function. This is a physical asset tracker. I can show what the new blocks will look like as well as the code showing an example account chain, but not much else.
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:55:37 PM

Why did you call it Paper?

The process we are replacing is paper filing systems haha. Other than that, I just kind of liked the name.
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:11:38 AM

I think you should publish whatever code you have so far. People are not expecting finished or polished code, just some evidence that something is actually being done. Weekly updates to this unfinished code will show progress is being made. This gives people confidence, most scammers won't take the time to write real code. I know that some will criticise it but most will appreciate and be willing to donate. You will break a trend here of devs not publishing code and that will win a huge amount of support. I know I'm going on a bit but it is so hugely important.
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:51:50 PM

I think you should publish whatever code you have so far. People are not expecting finished or polished code, just some evidence that something is actually being done. Weekly updates to this unfinished code will show progress is being made. This gives people confidence, most scammers won't take the time to write real code. I know that some will criticise it but most will appreciate and be willing to donate. You will break a trend here of devs not publishing code and that will win a huge amount of support. I know I'm going on a bit but it is so hugely important.

If you look through whitepaper, you'll see that there has been code created. It just really doesn't make sense for me to make it public fully until it's completely working.
Praedium

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:31:48 AM

Cool project.  I've been working on a project for trading physical non-bearer assets, hopefully will get around to announcing soon
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:21:14 AM

Cool project.  I've been working on a project for trading physical non-bearer assets, hopefully will get around to announcing soon

Sounds interesting. Definitely let me know when you do. Always like reading up on new tech coming out.
CyraxMax

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:22:52 PM

So is this scam dead already?  Grin
willstarkro (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:04:20 PM

So is this scam dead already?  Grin

Again... this has nothing to do with a privacy XRB fork. If you actually took the time to read it you'd realize that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: